Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morgan's "Origin Story"--Mentioned on Talking Dead

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by jwcoombs, Mar 30, 2015.

1. o1pickleboy

o1pickleboy Member

The quarry, the CDC, the Farm, and woodbery

2. o1pickleboy

o1pickleboy Member

Thinking about it Rick wasn't at the church when it fell, the only character that has been at all locations when they fell was Carl. So Carl is the bringer of death

3. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Deanna will probably tape him and then we get to see flashbacks as he tells the story.

4. Magician22773

Magician22773 New Member

[MENTION=66412]TheWitchesTit[/MENTION]

Again, (and I know I am sounding like a broken record here, but I have problems overlooking timeline issues in shows), if this is the case, or even something similar, it still has a messed up timeline, provided by Judith. Judith was alive in "Clear", probably a couple weeks to a month old. She is still only around 6 to 8 months old, so realistically, we have had 5 to 7 months pass since "Clear" to now. Morgan was a mental wreck at that time. Even if the encounter happened the very day Rick and Co. left, accounting for travel time, and the fact he is now all Shao-Lin monk skilled, I don't see how this transformation is plausible.

BUT, I realize I just have to let somethings be as they are. Its no more plausible that Rick and Co. have dealt with the Governor, twice, the sickness, had the group scattered all over the countryside, found Terminus, dealt with that, found Father G, dealt with the Hunters again, found ASZ, and dealt with all that.....all in the same timeframe. In fact, when I look at it like that ... becoming a zen ninja in the same time period seems more believable.

#24 Magician22773, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. o1pickleboy

o1pickleboy Member

Morgan may have had the "ninja" stuff prior to "clear" or even the outbreak, just never needed it to use it in his encounters with Rick.

6. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I got the impression from various interviews with Lennie James that it was more a case of meeting somebody that changed him rather than an event.

7. Cameron

Cameron New Member

I'd kill for a whole episode of a Morgan flashback... his son dying, how he managed to survive, and possibly his experience with "people wearing dead peoples faces"

8. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

It would be pretty difficult to show his son dying, as they'd probably have to recast the actor. And it's kind of irrelevant because we already know exactly how Duane died and showing it happen would be a little unnecessary, unless something happens that Morgan didn't mention.

9. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

They could have shot some footage back then....just sayin'

10. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Yeah... they could just show an aftermath though and we could really see the impact it made on him (his son dying) and see his change from insane man to one who worships every second of his life.

11. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I agree. The way Morgan carries himself himself when Rick and co. first encounters him in Clear suggests some type of military training.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

What if...morgan takes the place of Jesus in the comics? He is pretty martial arts, chop da whoop whoop.