Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morse Code

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by TaperJeanGirl, Nov 15, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If Rick can copy Eyelid Code then we sure would have seen other examples of this radio knowledge before now?
    There are several of us who could put together radio stations and send and copy code with very little planning and obvious gear available to communicate over local and long distance in the event that we needed too but so far there is less than zero indication that Rick has any of these skills!

Everyone thinks Eugene is some genius and we have had no inkling to date that he has even considered the use of communications as a defense or weapon against their enemies.

At the very least if this was in the wheelhouse for them they could have set up a station at the Hilltop and at Alexandria so they could communicate without the 2 day travel required,maybe they could have gotten some help for Maggie without falling into this trap in the first place!
    Thats what I was thinking after we met the Hilltop.
    They instead go on a murdering rampage and walk into the trap when they could have used information to help enhance safety first.

This whole thing is just silly and because of that I have less doubt every minute that this will be spun into some kind of storyline in the show?

What could Daryl even hope to communicate with this? Where could he possibly hide if he escaped and what can he know about the Saviors that could help anyone at this point?
    I don't see how knowing the location of the compound would help at all and they are doing nothing to hide it either?
    They sure displayed zero tactical awareness or recon ability when walking themselves into this mess and there has been no conversation about it either that we have seen.

So far every single time we have seen radios used in the show in any way this use has not been portrayed realistically at all.

This whole thing is just a stunt that we would be expected to be wowed by and not at all plausible in real life,like we see every week on this show?!

#121 EZD, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Rosita learned by Abe tapping it out with her. Eugene picked it up by spying on Abe and Rosita tapping.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Would you believe I was close to guessing but I missed it by that much.

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's a tv show. Anything can happen. I rewatched the scene and I don't know morse code, but the blinking did seem to be in dot/dash lengths. Then there's the morse code picture on the wall of the Richonne's house. Too much coincidence.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I analyzed the blinks and Daryl is blinking woof woof bark!
    If Morse code ends up being true I would have preferred they established it in an earlier episode, perhaps as a means to communicate with flashlights at night with individuals separated by some distance.

6. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

It's a TV show, so maybe Eugene can figure out a way to recharge batteries using coconuts, but that doesn't mean it isn't bullshit.

I would really lose interest if there is blatant bullshit.

I know it is a show about Zombies, that is a given. But don't give me BS. That's all I ask

7. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It is possible. I am not sure what their backgrounds are. It is possible they both have some military service in their past. That could make it at least somewhat plausible.
    I am pretty certain that Daryl is looking to form a plan. I believe he feels that Dwight might be a willing ally.

8. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I just think the Morse code is a stretch. Possible but not probable considering most people don't know it. Stranger things have happened on tv shows though.

9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

He's blinking to Rick .... look under dumpster.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

ROFL!
    Is this a real thing or like The Onion?

Also, somehow I've missed this--Neuro says, "Like EZD said, he's been practicing for years and couldn't recognize anything, even on repeating viewings." Yes? Because if you can't get it, drat. Can you even get something like this: aosf wlk? or not even letters at all?

Now, even if you tell me No, you can't even get letters, I'm going to suppose it could still be happening in TV world, the same way actors move their fingers around randomly and we accept they are "playing the piano."

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So far, these are some of the things that various corners of the interwebz is almost certain that Daryl was saying with his peepers...because its been decoded people!! :p

"East"
    "I East
    "I South"
    "East, Rt 4"
    "HT"
    "6 miles from Hilltop"
    "Don't fight"
    "Let me go"
    "Saviors. Live. Factory"
    "Give in"
    "Don't try"

[​IMG]

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

You're such a morse code party pooper. I want to believe, Neuropyramidal.

13. Poppy

Poppy Member

From the walking dead wiki Rosita page.
    Rosita has past Military expierence indicating that she may had served as a soldier, additionly she has demonstrated to possess a proficient knowledge of engineering she could have been a mechanic.[SUP][3]

[/SUP]

As mentioned earlier, Rosita was watching Daryl longer than Rick, and who knows? Maybe she was in communications in the service?

14. Lindigo

P.S. @EZD Were you able to read the TORTURE blinking?

Oh, lord, now I'm singing your name EEEE ZZZZZZZZZ DDDDDDDDD, it's EEEE ZZZZZ DDDDDDDD. Dah dah dit dah, it's EEEEE ZZZZZZZZ DDDDDDDDD

#134 Lindigo, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

17. Lindigo

[MENTION=33201]EZD[/MENTION], I know it's hard to hear me over the infernal singing, but I really do have questions.

1. The hilarious duffelblog story -- is that true?

2. You couldn't recognize anything, even on repeating viewings? not even random letters?

3. Is it easy to read the TORTURE blinking message?

Thanks!

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think it is true and if not I am prepared to embrace as truthful anyway!

I got nothing on the blinking/grimmacing/wish I had toilet paper thing Daryl was doing,nada,Zip!

But that does not mean too much really either.

I have little doubt that they are planning to go with this lame idea,when has reason had to be any part of this?

"Vagina",blink that out.

19. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I really hope not.

In the two years I have watched regularly, this would be the first time I would really say "WTF."

Not even a man with a tiger on a leash did it.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You didnt notice the tiger blinking Morse code to Carol : dont...eat.. the ...pork!