Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Morse Code

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by TaperJeanGirl, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Sorry, man. Your post just doesn't compute. You know it's a show about zombies, but you don't want BS. Can't have it both ways.

2. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

That is BS, IMO.

The premise of the show is that Zombies exist, and regular people are surviving in the world as it exists with Zombies in it.

If your point is valid, then since the show is not based in reality, then anything goes.

If a zombie hoard attacked and people had Wolverine blades shoot out of their hands and they ripped them all to shreds, I guess that could happen since it is a fantasy world. But I wouldn't be interested.

That would be contrived. It wouldn't fit the premise of the show.

Now, a couple of characters knowing Morse code isn't impossible. But it would come out of the blue, be a trick. Stupid BS in a show that hasn't had any tricks like that as far as I have been watching it. Some of the characters may be over the top, maybe their development has been not so realistic at times, but it has been consistent. They pretty much act like people could act. That's what I want. Not some contrived plot twist.

I've really spent a lot of time on this for someone casually interested in the show. I like it, mostly because of the things I stated. The characters haven't pulled any tricks. Just developed.

It isn't very realistic that Carol went from being an abused housewife to Rambo jr. in a couple of years, but if it came out now all of a sudden that she was secretly in special forces before then I wouldn't like it. It would be BS.

3. yuke

yuke Member

From the snippet, it either is, or really close to, "I East."

4. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I believe in the morse code theory mainly because I know Gimple loves inserting clues into each episode, therefore that poster wasn't just there for decoration. There is obviously something more to it and if people think Daryl was blinking in morse code, well I guess that would make the most sense.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I would not buy for a second that Daryl knows morse code or that he's smart enough to use it in that situation.

Calling bullshit if this turns out to be true.

6. Darylette

Darylette Member

I believe it. Daryl isn't chaotic he'd learn something like this if he thought he had to. This is a really useful skill for anytime that they have to communicate without speaking e.g. When hiding, when captured, when hunting. They Have hours a day in which to practice, long car journeys, evenings and so on. There was a long shot of that morse code poster for a reason.

7. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

I do think that they focused on it for a reason but I don't think this will be how they use it.

8. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Rick nodded and tapped Lucille during the scene so he probably understood.

9. LadyGrimes

If this is so then he could've mentioned something to Michonne about it after Negan left.

10. batongal

batongal Active Member

Exactly. Instead of making beds and talking about Shane I'd be like, holy shit Daryl just morse coded me a message with his eyes--see the morse code sessions did pay off!

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

But that is what normal people would do and has no place here evidently?:zombies_shocked:

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

All this talk about Morse code has a silver lining. People have stopped talking about how stupid the dumpster thing was.

13. yuke

yuke Member

I'm thinking that Rick didn't say anything because he sees how emotional people are and is concerned they will just run off and try and save Daryl. Its not like we havent seen that before. Also, Rick has not formulated a strategy yet. So again, why tell anyone.

14. LadyGrimes

Or even if he just mentioned it like "I don't know for sure, but I could've sworn Daryl was trying to send me some kind of message."

15. batongal

batongal Active Member

Oh stop making sense.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The dumpster thing will be child's play compared to this disaster if it turns out to be true, lol.

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

There may be something to this... I think Glenn was trying to do the same thing, but all he could do was say "Oooooooooo". Maybe he was trying to say "Ouch! that hurt"?

#157 Z-Man, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  18. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Unfortunately I think there's a huge possibility to its truth; [MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION] has already pointed out that Gimple likes to put tiny messages/hints in the show, so it could be one of those hints.

19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

So this is Daryl's legacy? Morse code??? All the awesome things he's done on this show and now he's a compulsive blinker?

That's it. I quit. I'm never watching again!!! This is the straw that broke the Jama's back!

Not really, I'm still going to watch. Well Maybe. I don't know.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Sorry if someone mentioned this ,since I may have missed reading or read too fast some posts, but did Rick answer back by tapping Lucille on the ground in Morse code?