Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Most B.A. Character?

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by TNG Cowboy, Oct 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TNG Cowboy

TNG Cowboy New Member

Who do you think is the biggest B.A. on AMC, Rick Grimes, Walter White, or Cullen Bohannan? Almost every way I analyze it I come to a different conclusion. Either way, there is no doubt AMC produces some of the greatest characters on television.

2. Dead man walking

I don't know about the greatest characters on television, most of them seem to suffer bi-polar disorder or be Geminis. But that's the writer's faults.
    I think Rick, although sometimes 'unleashes the beast' when he has too is still too much like a woman in his thinking, he's a ditherer and gets a lot of decisions wrong. And I mean a lot. They try to give him depth of character but it just comes across like he is having 'wet blanket' moments. When he does do 'bad ass' it's great but then he goes to other extremes of almost putting on a dress. He's frustrating in my opinion. I wouldn't follow him, although Shane spiralled into a Psycho, he was correct in that Rick doesn't have what it takes. He survives because he's the main character and good at getting out of tight spots (that he usually puts himself in unnecessarily) but as a group leader he's just not strong enough and doesn't convince me.
    I think Daryl has the best characterisation.

3. Morpheus Barker

Rick Grimes and Walter White.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Moved to the AMC discussion forum.

They all have their moments of badassery(is that a word?), but Walter White definitely takes the cake. Especially because he was originally a mild mannered chemistry teacher...

5. TNG Cowboy

TNG Cowboy New Member

I agree about Walt. There isn't much law in Hell on Wheels and Rick basically is the law in TWD, so there aren't many consequences to deal with for Rick and Cullen when they decide to off someone. But Walt will straight up murder someone in the modern world without hesitation and hides straight under the noses of the authorities. A bit arrogant and overconfident in my opinion, but definitely badass.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Rick would wipe the floor with Walter. Be honest. If Walt and Rick had to throw down Walt wouldn't stand a chance.

7. rabscuttle1

Commiting murder doesn't make someone a badass. Most killers are cowards.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm being perfectly honest. Stand TV Rick toe-to-toe with Walt and he's a goner. Not only in stares(While Lincoln is great, Cranston is the better badass staring actor), but Walt/Heisenberg would easily turn Rick into a trembling puppy. Then he'd shoot the puppy and melt it in acid....

9. rabscuttle1

That's fandom talking, Bassman. Walt isn't a physical fighter. Rick is. You think Walt could intimidate Rick? I don't think so. Walt would try to stare down Rick and Rick would end Walt. With out a gun Walt wouldn't have a chance. Hell, Mike laid Walt out with one punch. Walter White has a dangerous mind not body. In a fight with Rick he goes the way of Tomas. Because, you know, shit happens.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

That door swings both ways, sir....

11. rabscuttle1

I'm a fan of both and I left that out of my decision making. I made my decision based off of their physical abilities. Not who I like more. Rick is simply physically stronger than Walt. Walt would not be able to beat Rick in a fight. And to prove that I'm not making my decision based off of who I like better, I'll throw a third character in the mix. Dexter Morgan. He would take both of them. And the reason why is because Dexter has the physical ability of Rick and the mind of Walter but with the desire to kill.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I can't speak for Dexter as that's not an AMC program and I've never seen it...

As for physical ability, I think you're underestimating Walt's drive. He may not seem like it at first glance, but I could easily see him tearing Rick apart. Mainly because Rick would be foolish enough to give him a friendly chance instead of putting him down immediately(going off 101-302). Walt would never give him that chance. He would always be one step ahead because he's wise that way...

#12 Bassman, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  13. rabscuttle1

S1 and S2 Rick yes. Not S3 Rick. First time Walt gave Rick the stare Walt would die right then and there.

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

We've seen two episodes of S3 TV Rick. Even in those two episodes of "new" Rick, I don't think he would stand a chance against Walt.

Maybe my mind can be changed as the series progresses, but at this point Rick is a bitch compared to Walt. :zombies_lol:

15. rabscuttle1

I believe you might have lost your mind, Bassman.:Grin:

16. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Rick'd probably kick Walts butt.

17. TNG Cowboy

TNG Cowboy New Member

To be honest, if we are talking fist fights, I would put my money on Bohannan over Walt and Rick. Walt's strength is definitely his mind and Rick's is his leadership. Cullen's is a little bit of leadership, brains, and physical strength/gun skills. But if we base it off of each character's most badass individual moment, I'm going with Walt. The killing of Gus was epic. Rick might take the cake over time. The killing of Tomas was awesome this weekend, and I'm sure it's only a sign of what's to come. Bohannan hasn't had any notable badass moments in my opinion, just an abundance of small ones.

18. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Agreed!!! I am sitting here screaming at my computer while at the same time laughing because everyone is looking over Bohanon. This may be because HoW is not as popular as the other two shows but I would still put my money on Bohanon over Rick and definitely over Walt(he is freaking Teacher, and a serial killer, not a fighter).

19. RicksRightHand

Bohanon>Rick
    Rick>Walt

Walt>Rick+Bohanon (with a well thought out plan and a whole bunch of chemicals.)

If we're talking fist fights, Bohanon mops the floor.

20. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Walter White hands down. Did you see his transformation from S1-S5? Crazy. Plus he is the one who knocks. I like Rick just as much as the next person but he got beat up by Shane.