Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Most brutal death scenes on the show?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by DoctorPimp, Mar 16, 2015.

1. DoctorPimp

DoctorPimp New Member

Seriously, did the episode last night have a different director? I don't remember seeing such brutal, bloody death scenes on the show. Sure, we had Hershel's head being cutted off. We had Rick's throat biting moment. But last night seemed to get to a new level of business.

Aiden's death was pretty brutal, making us watch his guts being ripped apart for a big 10 seconds, but watching Noah's face being eaten in a close-up was even worse. And they also had a new freaky soundtrack, first time I hear it.

What do you guys think?

2. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

Yeah, that death was pretty disturbing..

I'm pretty sure that's gonna f*ck Glenn up a bit.

3. the walking jet

aiden & noah's deaths where absolutely brutal..

the only one i can think of that was close to being as bad was dale's death..

4. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

Last night's episode was directed by Jennifer Chambers Lynch. I think the brutality was done in such a way, that people were truly horrified, and the way in which it was directed, definitely made me, and probably most viewers feel some of the horror that Glenn experienced. I'm pretty sure this was her first episode with TWD, but on a side note, her father is David Lynch, creator of Twin Peaks, amongst a lengthy list of other amazing works!

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

It was a creative way to contrast ASZ "normalcy" to the real world, our group knows.

6. Remus

Remus Member

I think Dale's death is on par with these two deaths. But the biggest thing with Dale's death is not the death itself but that ****ing walker. That walker is the best zombie ever made. It's so ugly. So scary. So terrifying! The way he have a beard and the skin around his mouth is gone so he is missing some beard hair and his crazy sick eyes..... Just his whole look.... Many scars on his body shows he must have been very badly attacked by walkers and somehow managed to escape and then died and turned.

Swamp/Dale zombie and RV zombie are the best zombies in the entire show.... Those two give me nightmares... I never wanna see them again..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charmander

Charmander Member

More episodes directed by her please! And not just because of the gore.

8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. This episode was very well done and the gore isn't the main reason for that (even though it boosted it)

9. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

Also I find it interesting, for me anyway, to compare and contrast different gory scenes, and how they make me feel. Although last night's episode had that gory scene, Noah making eye contact, and then seeing Glenn's reaction was what made it so hard to watch. My friend and I sat there saying "no, no, oh my God", and I didn't even care for Noah. Also, poor Glenn had never really witnessed anything that awful, and it was just completely traumatizing.

Quite frankly, the opening scene from episode 5x01 over the sink, with the baseball bat/throat slicing scene, to me was terrifying, because it was humans doing the killing, and the scene simply invoked in me the feeling of "RUUNN!!!, GET OUT!!".

Anyway, there it is! I just wrapped up 2 years of school today, and I can finally read the threads, and post to my heart's content while feeling guilt free!!

10. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

In just this episode or the overall show? If for the overall show then I think it would be more fitting if this thread went into the general TWD television series forum. Otherwise I agree that Noah and Aiden ' s deaths were both equally very gory.

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Game spoilers:

The most physically brutal: Noah.

The most emotionally brutal: Lee.

The most painful to watch: sleeveless t-shirt guy from This Sorrowful Life.

The most Patrick-face-inducing: When Jane shot Troy in the dick and then left him for the herd.

#11 HondaS2kXD, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  12. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Has she directed any other episodes? I felt this episode had a great pace, good suspense, exciting action and well yeah, the gore was a step up too it seems. Not that the other episodes weren't great, obviously I love the series but this episode was really well done IMO.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Congrats!

14. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

Yea I see Glenn dealing with some real f'd up inner turmoil next season...

Being stuck in that little glass "box" watching his friend being ripped apart while alive... its a true nightmare. I don't think anyone has had to experience such a gruesome death yet on the walking dead.

Usually when someone gets eaten by a walker... the person who got away needs to run and can look away. But Glenn was trapped there and basically forced to watch. :p

15. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

That look in Noah's eyes as he pressed his face against the glass and looked at Glenn! Wow! And then him looking at Glenn and saying "Don't let go." Oh my gosh! Then watching those walkers just rip him apart. When the one goes in on his jaw that is just nasty! I mean how much worse of a death could anyone have? And Aiden's guts coming out everywhere! I agree these two were the worst I have seen! Dale's was horrible too, and that creepy walker that got him!

16. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

It was quite disturbing, i'd say Aiden and Noahs deaths are up there in most gruesome. I agree its definitely going to mess Glenn up now.

17. Wombat

Wombat Member

Wow! Is she really? Well that makes more sense of the directing style in the episode.
    For all the gore & gruesome deaths... I just kept focusing in on Glenn & Eugene because you could just feel their trauma after what they saw.

the look on Noah's face when he stared right at Glenn at the end... Big emotional whack to the viewer.

yes. dale's death is the only other main character death I can think of that had the gore shock factor.

#17 Wombat, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  18. Busted Flipflop

I thought the machete scene against ... hot damn what's his name .. Gareth! I thought that was the most disturbing until I saw Aidan's death. That had to be the worst.

But I will say the most saddest death scene, aside from the horses, was Noah's death. Dale's was sad too, but Noah's hit me the hardest.

19. Karl

Karl Member

I didn't know what I was watching. It was insane! But the episode was amazing! I loved every bit of it, didn't expect Noah to die like this :(
    Worst death ever imo.

20. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

anybody else think these deaths were Nicoteros nod to Captain Rhodes etc dieing in Day of the dead?