Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by TyberiusFox, May 30, 2015.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Rami Malek is definitely sexy, although a little on the skinny side.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

One week from today for S3, weirdos. :)

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I need to put this on my calendar. I have heard next to nothing about the upcoming season. No ads, no articles, no trailers!

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I've seen the trailers online (on Twitter), but nothing on TV, @Dnae

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I definitely still watch! And I will certainly sit down and watch that video when I get a minute. And please tell me that you watch Twin Peaks :p

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its best the watch the first two seasons first. And the movie, Fire Walk With Me. It starts out as a murder mystery with a late 80's early 90's feel, and as you go on it keeps getting more and more mysterious. By season 3, you've got a show which is like nothing else ever done on television. It makes Mr. Robot look straight forward lol.

Here is a clip from Season 3, to give you an idea how bizarre it is:

9. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

What a putrid crap S3 premiere. I am definitely dropping this show for good. Whoever wrote that juvenile monologue two thirds the way in should be fired and have their hands chopped off so they can't write again. This show is drowning in pseudo intellectual BS.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I disagree. I didn't fall in love instantly like I did in the S1 premiere, but it definitely grabbed and kept my interest. We, like Elliot, just don't know who to trust anymore - I don't want to start with the spoilers on that yet, but I'd say their is enough intrigue so far to make me want to keep watching. And Irving is going to be a fun character I think.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Any of the right-wing snowflakes butt hurt about the Trump stuff have clearly not been watching Esmail's twitter feed. He ****ing HATES Trump. He's even said that the evil head of e-corp is based on Trump.

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

You can't get any more corporate than Trump, can you? He even ran on the premise that he would treat the country like a corporation.

13. No.Pantaloons

Well he sounded like an angry, self-righteous 14 year old sitting behind his keyboard.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think people are misinterpreting the monologues that Elliot gives as somehow being what Esmail believes. I think in every instance so far the things that Elliot says in those cases is proven to be wrong, or naive, or untrue.

Elliot is a damaged and hurt man with severe mental illness. He's going to spout crap now and then.

15. No.Pantaloons

The extreme quadrant framing still annoys me a lot. At first, I liked it since it was unusual and gave the show a specific look. Now over the long run,it's just irritating.

You know what the show is SORELY missing? Likable and relatable characters. It seems like the cast has condensed to primarily Elliott, Darlene, Angela, Mr. Robot, Wellick and White Rose. And none of those characters are likable and relatable. Season 1 had Elliott's boss and psychologist which covered both categories and Shayla, who added some much needed warmth.

The narrative also seems much less focused and lost. I'll admit I didn't finish the premiere since I wasn't enjoying any of it, so maybe they established something firmly towards the end, but I don't really have any interest if it did.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Just started watching this. Great show. Captivating. Hope it continues to be good!

17. Morgotha

I fast-forwarded past it after the first minute or so.

18. Morgotha

I agree about the prison bit. What is the point of him being in prison? If his whole "reality" didn't exist, when did he get in to prison in the first place? When did the unreality start? Did the hack even happen, or is that just his fantasy too? If there's no underlying structure to the show that's fixed, the whole thing kind of goes out the window.

I did figure that his mother probably wasn't real, as she just sat in the chair the whole time and never interacted with anyone, but his whole *reality* not being real? What's the point of that?

19. Morgotha

I figured that Tyrell was dead, and Mr. Robot was sending her the gifts, although I don't know why he would. However, if Elliot has been in prison this whole time, Mr. Robot couldn't be sending her things. O.k., he could using some hack through the prison's computer, but the cheese factor goes way up, and how would you explain her hearing the ambulance outside her house over the cell phone? Just makes no sense.

LOL, I agree completely about Angela. Every time she's on screen I want to slap her. The other stupidity low point of me on the show was the female FBI agent not arresting her (or bringing her in for questioning) with all the suspicions she had, seeing her on the 23rd floor, them getting hacked, her even SAYING Angela did it, etc. Why didn't she bring her in, exactly?

20. Morgotha

The whole prison thing really depressed me. The White Rose thing OTOH was excellent, as the minister seems to be a better integrated version of Elliot (which may be why he was interested in him in the first place). He would be a very good "mentor" to Elliot in a way. It will be interesting to see where they go with his character.