Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by TyberiusFox, May 30, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Krista's crappy boyfriend seems like a good call. How much jail time would he get for a non-violent offense like that though, and would he be put in with a general population of murderers (such as super-ninja Leon who kills half a dozen grown thugs without them even noticing) instead of an institution or white-collar place?

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

WOW.

I loved this episode! All the betrayals swirling around everyone, yet the only one that seems hopeless about ever being able to get past it all is Darlene. I hope that isn't an anvil for next week's episode, which apparently is a 'game changer', and will be shown commercial free. I'm worried for EVERYONE.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, I was binging it at a couple episodes a day.:D I just finished the second season and had a painful shock. The THIRD season isn't on Amazon! I'll have to check the t.v. to see if we get USA or not. I hope so, if not I'll have to use one of these:mad:

this is probably a spoiler so:

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Don't forget to watch tonight's new episode of Mr. Robot, it will be shown commercial free and supposedly will blow your ****ing mind.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Talking to myself I know, but god Mr. Robot has been great this season, Tense, atmospheric, great story, lots of mystery and action, it's everything I loved about season 1 and was mostly missing from season two.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Me talking to myself again. Season 3 of Mr Robot has been just astonishingly good. If you gave up last year, I seriously recommend that you rethink it.

Last night's episode was sweet and poignant, and I think brings Elliot back to what he was doing in S1.

@Neuropyramidal are you watching this show?

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not yet but I plan to start soon. I was in Florida for 2 weeks last month, and then had a hectic schedule for awhile, then went to NYC, so my TV watching is a bit behind. In fact I'm behind on everything except for TWD. I will binge it and catch up soon I promise :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Hurry up and watch! I'm tired of talking to myself in here...

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

[​IMG]

10. Neuropyramidal

Ok, all caught up!! Likin this season so far. Seems pretty straightforward this year. The only real mystery I'm really wondering about is what exactly Whiterose told Angela to make her think they could undo everything, including their parents' deaths.

Whatever it was, it was convincing enough to make Irving believe it as well. Or at least believe it was a possible. [assuming they were both on the same page in the Red Wheelbarrow that day].

I picked up on a lot of 1980's TV and movie callbacks. Including all the cameos from actors who were figures during that period: Richard Masur, as the ice cream truck driver. Josh Mostel as Elliot's landlord. Wallace Shawn as the Dark Army 'psychologist' who came to test Tyrell's loyalty with all the questions. And someone else I'm blanking on now. I think Sam really likes is 1980's film ;)

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Esmail gave a big Easter Egg to all of the reddit fans who are convinced there will be a Back to the Future type of time travel story.

I'm not actually sure that Irving believed what Angela was saying. He agreed with some things that Tyrell said just to keep things peaceful too. I'm not sure what that story Whiterose told is something real or just what Angela needed to hear. Oddly enough I am starting to come to the belief that Elliot might just be able to do that though. This is the most confounding show, I am always feeling off footed.

This year is on par with the first season I think.

And I kept waiting for the Dark Army psychologist to say 'inconceivable!'

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Also, I think Dom is going to go rogue, hopefully in time to save Darlene.

13. Neuropyramidal

I think Dom is definitely going to go rogue in the sense that she will suspect her superior of being tied to the Dark Army, and will no longer be following his orders. She will probably end up helping Darlene.

Yeah, I think Angela was manipulated by White Rose in such a way that it caused her to crack. I don't believe there will be any time travel element, as it would not really be congruent with what the show has been about up until this point. Time travel would make you the most powerful entity on earth, and if they had that in their grasp, the Dark Army wouldn't need to worry about things like moving factories to the Congo. They would have the world at their fingertips. Of course that doesn't mean they can't still do a time warp sort of storyline, but I'm just not seeing it at this point.

I think they just did something to set Angela off the deep end.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Most everything was as I expected it to be. Didn't see Dom getting coerced like that.

I don't want to wait a year for more!!

15. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, as soon as they all met at the barn, I figured it would be Dom's boss that didn't make it out alive. I also figured White Rose's goon would take a fall when his feels about Elliot clashed with White Rose's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Oh, Dnae you really do. I know a lot of people gave up after the disappointment of season 2, but season 3 was really excellent. Not the perfection of season 1, but really, really great.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Dnae season 3 of Mr. Robot is in on demand for USA network if you wanted to catch up.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I probably should. I do love Rami Malek

Speaking of Rami - I reserved my seat for the early release (one day early to be specific LOL) of Bohemian Rhapsody. I cannot say that I actually bought a ticket because for the next few months I am enrolled in the AMC Premier thinga-ma-jiggy for $19.95 per month. I can see up to 3 movies per week at no additional charge. Also free upgrades on popcorn and sodas.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yeah they had previews for that movie when I saw A Star Is Born - it looks amazing!

Rami has Freddie down cold.