Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Mud, or Jed?

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Mother dick, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

Why did that savior asshole call himself Mud? Am I missing or forgetting some earlier reference?

2. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

He called himself Mud. Laura corrected him and said his name was Jed.
    And the only Mud reference that come to my mind is from Original Star Trek...sooo....

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think it was just to get the point across to Maggie that the Saviors were treated like dirt now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Their approach scared me. He could just as easily have said Negan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

This guy Jed is shaping up to be the new Jared for this season. Like a painfully annoying hemorrhoid that won't go away just like Jared. I just hope that he doesn't stick around nearly as long.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OutrunsMyFriends

OutrunsMyFriends New Member

Despite her words, Maggie is making zero effort with the Saviors. With the Mud/Jed/tomato scene, she could have took them for their word they are searching for the ponytail guy, and then said "Y'all are far out, so let me give you each couple of tomatoes and refill your water." Instead both sides were smartazzholes

• Like Like x 4
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well Jed came across as aggressive, sarcastic, and intimidating right off the bat, so the well was poisoned. Once you sass a leader in front of her people and take a tomato without asking, it would have made Maggie look like a weak pushover if she offered them more tomatoes. And things are already unstable, so its not a great time to appear weak. She did the right thing by requesting his name for an official reprimand later.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

Yeah he's a nasty character...I was so hoping Maggie would have just lifted that leg and kicked him the face.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

A reference to "My Name is Mud", which was both an original Star Trek episode title and a Primus song.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. James Ray

James Ray New Member

I read where there's references to this period in time is akin to the reconstruction period after the civil war. recall it was Mudd who helped John Wilkes Booth after he shot Lincoln. Which is where the term "your name is Mudd" comes from.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's exactly what my thoughts went to.

12. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, its possible the writers were using it in that sense, although the phrase 'your name is mud' comes from even way before that. There are references to it as early as around 1800, and I found a dictionary entry from 1823 that had it listed as slang, saying "and his name is mud". But yeah I think he was basically being sarcastic, trying to say "you think of us as dirt, right? So that's who I am, then".

And great first post! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Ray

James Ray New Member

thanks! You couple that with Michone (spl?) looking up at the painting on the wall about the civil war and you could form a thread...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Neuropyramidal

I made a post somewhere else saying that they are maybe setting up a backstory that Michonne was a lawyer. She was a lawyer in the comics, and now she is appreciating politically historical paintings in museums and working on a "charter" for the new world. They haven't said it out loud yet, but I'm guessing that is the direction we are going, perhaps to set up her future story line

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought she was looking at the painting of the civil war sort of painfully as a reminder of what it meant for black people back then. Then I connected that to when she changed constitution to "Charter" so it was different than the old ways. Maybe I over-analyzed but that was what I got from it!

I do also wonder though if she was an attorney or something before the ZA.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Oh, I hadn't thought of that! That's possible too. I took it that she was grieving her old life, where she studied and practiced law, and thought about things like our forefathers and our constitution.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Could be! I think i just had the painting on my mind still when she said it, so for some reason i made a connection between the 2. I think i read an interview with Danai where she said a charter is more simplified than a constitution so maybe she wanted to start there...but she said it like she was guessing, so i don't really know what the writers had in mind.

Article: http://www.tv.com/news/the-walking-...charter-not-a-constitution-15389655780049674/

Someone in the comments said that the constitution is more for self-governing and maybe Michonne doesn't think they are ready for that yet.

#17 Jen7, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Neuropyramidal

I think she's afraid Daryl can't pronounce Constitution. She doesn't want him running around like "stop that! You're not following the Constetoot!"

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I saw it to mean, that what was going on now....could be added to that poster.

Wasn't it something called "Important events that shaped our history" or something like that?

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think so, and i thought the part she was looking at was the civil war but i've tried and i can't find a screenshot...and every time I think about it, i'm not somewhere that i can pull up the episode lol.

Now looking back it makes sense that it all ties in with her idea to create a set of rules...but when she first looked at it, that hadn't been brought up yet so that was just where my mind went :)

• Like Like x 1