Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My 2 seconds of fame!

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Daniel Day, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This must have been before you met Lincoln on the street, right? So i'm guessing you still haven't had a chance to get a piece of the floor from 101 signed?

2. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

What do you mean some of it isn't real? I thought they built the whole thing we see on tv.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The interiors are still sets with movable plywood walls and such to allow for good camera angle coverage. You can see a bit of it in behind the scenes videos and photos.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I thought they filmed a real ZA?:zombies_confused:

5. Chreees

Chreees Member

Lol! You's funny.

6. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

All of the prison is "real", meaning no CGI... but everything is not as it seems. For example, a lot of what appears to be concrete is actually just wood with a foam covering that has been painted to look like old concrete. And like [MENTION=370]Bassman[/MENTION] said, there is a lot of wood used in the construction of the set and you can see it on the behind the scenes videos in AMCs site.

Another thing they did was redress the C Block(where Hershel and the group is) and use it as the D Block where they find the executed prisoners. When it is being used as the D Block, they have a small moveable wall that they use behind the door at the far end of the block so it looks like a hallway is there. When it is dressed as C Block the wall is moved and you can see the common area with the table, stools and suicide guard perch(the room where Daryl delivered the "Today is your lucky day boys, you have been pardoned by the state of Georgia").

These are just of few of the things that I noticed while I was "in prison". :Grin:

7. LT_Jay

LT_Jay New Member

You are well on your way to being a professional Zombie Actor!

8. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Sorry, I just saw your question! Yes it was before(I was an extra back in May) and I still haven't gotten that piece of wood signed! :zombies_censored:

9. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Did you meet Lincoln on set?

10. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Of course, he was in both of the scenes I was in! But, when you are an extra, it is frowned upon(and can get you fired) to ask for autographs, pictures, etc. I did get to speak with him(in his southern accent and all!) but that was about it.

11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I'd want to be a zombie that kills a main character before getting put down. But just being a zombie is kick-ass.

12. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I think that goes without question.

13. ZombieEsque

ZombieEsque New Member

I am watching the episode right now on AMC and just saw you! That's so awesome!!

14. supmyman7

supmyman7 Member

Dude so legit. Jealous.

15. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

What did you talk about? Please go into a great detail. And did he remember you when you met him later in the summer?

16. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Not much really. During a break he grabbed a piece of fruit and a juice and he sat down beside a couple of us extras. He mentioned how hot it was here in Georgia during the summer and that was about it. Then he bummed a cigarette from Norman and they sat and talked with each othe. I didn't mention it to him but he didn't say anything either so I don't think he remember me. Plus I was in full make up when I was on set so I looked quite a bit different, lol.

17. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Simply amazing and the meet and greet with some of the cast, very cool!

18. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

That is so cool! I told my daughter (she is 13) and she was like "Oh my gosh! He is so lucky!!"

19. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

That is so cool! I bet it was the time of your life! You're so lucky. ^_^

20. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

WOW!!! That is awesome!! I actually did notice you when he locked the gate to the prison yard... I was like "OMG, that walker's gonna get Rick!" LOL

Iron-E seems to be so, so nice. I've heard a lot of people who've been to the set talk about how he takes time to come talk to the fans and stuff, and this just makes me love him even more. :)