Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My honest opinion on Hershel in the finale

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by HondaS2kXD, May 9, 2014.

1. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

I only liked one flashback... And everyone probably knows which one it was xD but they pissed me off as well. I just wanted to smack some sense into good ol' Hershey

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You mean the one where they showed Patrick being a dweeb? Yeah, that one was funny. ;)
    [​IMG]

3. Sadie Dixon

Yepp..that's the one ;)

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well he'd been gone for months and had no men. He wasn't a threat to them. (It's impossible to predict he'd lead another willing group) Not even the gov had any intention of attacking until he got forced into the area again.

5. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

The Governor was a psychopath and would always be a danger until he was dead.

6. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

The Gov. sucks so bad. I miss Hershel :(

7. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

Don't understand how Hershel fans would want him around still, imagine if he was alive and with Rick's group during the Joe confrontation.

8. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

I can understand your point it was just so hard to see him go, he was an easy person to love.

9. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

If they would've outfitted his leg like this, he could've been an asset to them at that time. LOL

[​IMG]

10. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

That's what this show is about, letting go of people you love. Daryl, Michonne, Beth, Carol were introduced only to be killed.

LOL, yup.

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Except he wasn't for over 6 months after he apparently left the area and lost everything that made him dangerous (he did actually lose his dangerous side for awhile).

He's one man and they had no reason to believe he was in the area. Michonne and Daryl searched for quite a long time to try and hunt him down and obviously they failed. You can't keep chasing demons.

It's also pretty evident that the tank and the outbreak were the deciding factors in their loss. Something that could not even remotely have been predicted. The group was SOL before the gov. showed up.

12. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

TWD in a nutshell♪ OMG i just realized it♫ That statement kinda made the whole show pointless if we're inevitably gonna lose our favorite characters♪ I think it should be changed to♫: No one is safe, except Beth♥

13. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

The Governor DID SUCK, I'm glad he's dead.
    I couldn't have said it better myself [MENTION=53841]Lady Nightshade[/MENTION] !

14. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

Not pointless, are friends pointless just because you almost always lose them at some point? part of the reason why people care so much about the characters on this show is because they fear that the characters will be taken away from them.

15. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

Good point♫ But if my friends are going to be taken away from me, i'll make sure to rescue them from their kidnappers♫ Same like the tv show♪ I'm going to have faith that Beth will survive forever♥

16. steely

steely Well-Known Member

new poster here...my thinking is they should have been ready for any attack.. the gov wasn't the only threat. any surviving humans are potential threats, along with walkers possibly breaching the wire...

the evac plan at the prison wasn't well thought out..

17. Sadie Dixon

I still can't believe Hershel is really gone :( it's just so weird without him. It's like I'm still in denial

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You have a point but the prison is also a defense structure. It's very rare that you would plan an escape route out of a fortress. That may be a logic flaw in all of us but its still true. The tank is the guiding decision. Rick's group could have won otherwise.

We also don't really know what the plan entailed before losing most of the prison population in two days. Daryl mentions a flanking plan that he claimed would no longer work with fewer people but he never is given a reason to explain as they already know the plan. It is a partial assumption on my part. It's also worth noting that they did have a plan for the walkers. They have been dealing with them for months with no issues but the illness screwed them over. It all comes down to us seeing the downfall because it's better television. The months of peace where the plans they made worked aren't as fun to watch so timeskip.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I see my viewpoint was not clear. It was that -- regardless of his intention, Herhel was out of touch with reality. And nobody in Team Prison paid the slightest lick of attention to what needed to be done to protect them from the mauraduers, including the Governor. WEAK "leaders" like Hershel and the totally ineffective council are just as dangerous as psycho leaders like the Governor -- that was the point. T

Team Prison died with "wise" Hershel and the so-called "council" at the helm. It was not just loss of the prison -- it was loss of every single surviving human in that prison who was not sick. That's all you need to know. Real leadership talks; BS walks. Results matter. I repeat, RESULTS (not intentions) MATTER, when you are talking about life and death. Report card for Team Hershel and his so-called council = F-

20. steely

steely Well-Known Member

[MENTION=5347]Zvivor[/MENTION] you have a very valid point. Hershel was a good man. He had the best of intentions. But they should have never just accepted that the gov went away and there were no more threats outside the wire. Hershel was great as a doctor and even a moral compass, but he also needed a reality check, as did rick.