Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion My Initial Impression of This Game

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by BennyDarby, Sep 30, 2014.

1. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

I finally picked this game up on Sunday (2 days ago). My first impression is that I like the weapons, they sound realistic, but there are somethings that I don't like:

1) When you're starting a mission for the first time it's easy to get lost. On the mission where you are diving I didn't see that there was a guy with me at first. He ended up swimming down ahead of me, and there was just some stupid arrow that wasn't helpful at all. I was lost for a while, turned it off, and then when I tried it again a few hours later, I noticed that there was a team mate with me.

2) There was another mission where Rorke, or whatever his name is, escapes and your helicopter crashes. I was walking around the jungle for about 30 minutes and then finally found the rest of my team. They don't give you any direction whatsoever, so you're walking around like an idiot for a long time, not sure what you're supposed to do.

3) On some missions one of my team mates would yell some orders to me and I didn't hear what the hell he said, so I didn't know what I was suppose to do. Other games will give you your objectives clearly, and identify what you need to do.

That's as far as I got. Did anyone else encounter these problems?

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe this was intended for the mission, as an attempt to give you the feeling of what it would be like to survive an air crash. After the crash, you're disoriented and the game tries to reflect that by not giving you any directions. You're simply given the objective of finding the rest of your team, which would be your first instinct after such a crash, because you'd have a better chance of survival with greater numbers.

I quite liked that mission for that reason and for the stealth action...

• Like Like x 2
  3. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

Ah. I'm used to having the indicators like the arrows or the countdown in meters/feet to my destination. Most of the time I was wandering in circles. And then at one point one of the guys says "Okay, you're almost on our radar" and then I keep going and I guess ended up going too far.

4. AFKATafcar codf

My first impression of the game was that online multiplayer was garbage. :'(

5. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

I'm just curious how. Anybody else feel this way?

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Me, kind of, but I didn't feel the same way after I played for a while.
    As the original poster has said, the directions for missions were kind of misleading and unclear sometimes, but that was a small problem in the long run.

7. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori New Member

I didn't, at all. Sure, the servers were a little messed up around launch, but that's to be expected. Other than that, the multiplayer was just like and other CoD multiplayer; simply outstanding.

I had another issue with the game though; the campaign didn't resonate with me like Modern Warfare's and Black Ops' did.

8. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

It seems to me that it just took some getting used to. Far to many people assume something or broken or poorly designed just because it's new or they don't understand it. I see it all the time with other games I play. The new feature is horrible or is garbage they cry.

9. peter021

peter021 New Member

My Impression was, this game will be a challenge for me again, after I played it for the first time, i found out I'm correct, just my opinion :cool:

10. Kyler

Kyler Member

It was a bit new to me. I'm not that great of a gamer but it was good. I like challenging games.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Hmm, I think that you were the first person I know which found the game too hard. All my other friends used to say how easy this game was, and that's usually the thing with Call of Duty singleplayer games.

12. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

The single player could have had a LOT of improvements, and the multiplayer just plain wasn't fun for me

13. Rajesh Kumar

Rajesh Kumar New Member

Yes, I agree with this fact. I don't like the multiplayer version. Single player version was much better than multiplayer one. Single player was impressive for me. As you said, it had a lot of improvements and it was fun to play this mode.

14. genevb

genevb New Member

My first impression when I opened to box, it was that this is going to be my favorite game from the series, yet I ended up very disappointed. Only now I realize how much the game had left me down, I mean, I got lost from the first mission and as OP mentioned, I couldn't find clear objectives anywhere along the path. So my first impression was that this game was worth a try, but after very few missions I realized I just lost 60$ along with precious time.

15. dblanch

dblanch New Member

I felt that the gun play was vastly improved from previous installments, but the tech and other auxiliary equipment I found a little underwhelming to be honest. Still love the game though.