Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My new vid: Op.Sec. - An Ed Peletier tale (2012)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Art' started by iniestaone, Jan 20, 2012.

1. iniestaone

iniestaone Member

2. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

not anything against the video, just makes me really wonder, because Ed peletier is seen in your video as a hero, and he was the opposite, i mean no offense, but Ed beated his wife, and according to herself, he also tried to ''lay hands on her daughter'' which turns the possibility of besides having a bad actitude Ed was also a pedophile, i mean if is your favourite character is fine, but i mean, a PURE SOUL AMONG VILLAINS? xD, Ed was clearly the one and only pure villain of the first season group, not exactly a hero thought, xD

3. iniestaone

iniestaone Member

Well, that's how you chose to see it. If you break down the facts, you'll see that you're wrong.

Was it comedy club when Ed made the women get the work done? No, it was laundry time. Did he ever interrupt the laughter during, say, meals? No, but when it's time to work it's time to work. Notice how in Season 2 everyone is wearing dirty clothes? That's the result of a society without a supervisor.

You claim he was a pedophile, but if Ed stayed with the group on that highway, the group wouldn't lose Sophia and Otis would probably live.

Also keep in mind that Ed did what he could to feed his daughter on that highway when his wife wanted to give away the food he worked hard for to strangers.

4. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

One can only wonder why an individual would idolize and defend such an abusive character.

Ed strikes Carl when she hesitated to leave with him, not due to some laundry duty.

Further more: Ed was a lazy worthless individual and noting close to a supervisor.

He dominated over Carol throughout their marriage, from preventing her from buying nice clothes and such to constantly assaulting her in order to solidify his authority. It's unknown whether he abused Sophia as well, though it's heavily implied that he had harbored underlying sexual feelings toward her (which Carol was aware of, much to her disgust).

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Your previous thread with a video tribute to the character of Ed was closed for various reasons. I actually find it highly suspicious that you would attempt to create another in the same vein, however, it will be left open for the time being.

That being said, please keep this thread civilized. This is obviously a touchy subject given the nature of Ed's character and while different opinions and polite discussions are welcomed here, this could easily turn into another locked thread with infractions and/or bans taking place for improper behavior.

6. iniestaone

iniestaone Member

Why would it get closed? I simply made a fan made video, it's never been closed on other forums.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not about the video itself or even your opinion of the character. It's about the controversial nature of the character and how that could easily erupt into a dispute during the course of this thread. It's just a reminder for everyone participating to keep things friendly.

#7 Bassman, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  8. TheDreadPirateSwantt

Excellent video. Really showcases the kind of man Ed was. If you don't look closely enough at Ed's scenes it's easy to think he is the villain, but when you really watch them you can see that he was just doing what had to be done. The bottom line is clothes don't get washed in comedy clubs.

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Oh what I would give to be a Mod right now, I would comparing some IP numbers...as well as cross checking them with certain data bases.

10. TheDreadPirateSwantt

Why? What would that accomplish?

11. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

They post this same stuff all over the IMDb board too...

12. TheDreadPirateSwantt

It's true, but the people over there won't talk about anything they just attack anybody who feels differently than them.

13. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

It's really hard to believe that you are not trolling. I mean it was clear in the show how this character was to be portrayed and that was the way the audience perceived him.

He was a bully, who bullied the weak.

"Was it comedy club when Ed made the women get the work done? No, it was laundry time"

Well he sure didn't open his mouth to Shane and Carl playing in the water while catching frogs...was it play time then or work time? That's right, because it was another male who would and did give him a beating the character deserved.

I know you see that this causes people to get frustrated and I am sure that you do it on purpose.

14. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Agreed.......

15. iniestaone

iniestaone Member

First off, Shane took care of Carl, a kid. How cold blooded are you if you believe kids don't have the right to play?

He was no bully.

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Off topic posts deleted. Please keep the discussion clean and on topic.

This is already going in the direction I predicted it would....

17. iniestaone

iniestaone Member

I'm not doing anything, there's just that one creepy guy stalking me and saying i should get banned

what can i do if i have a psycho runing my threads?

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

And you still don't get the point? Drop the off topic discussion and move on. That goes for everyone.

19. daggxthedark

daggxthedark Member

bottomline is, you can see Ed's character the way you want, thats true, and if he is your favourite character thats fine too, only what some of us said is that beyond that you portray Ed as something he was not

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This. If you wish to praise Ed for his useless, wife-beating, child-molesting ways....well....that's fine. That's your opinion. But to suggest that he was some sort of hero for the group is a bit much. He did absolutely nothing to contribute to the group's survival.