Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My proposal for FTWD

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Kilroy was here, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

They should wipe out the whole cast on the season ending episode and then do next season about the outbreak in another city the way American detective changes sasts and locations every season. Do a different city every season and keep us guessing if the cast will make it or not. I understand that different locations breaks budgets, but not if you just do one location per season.

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be sorta the same? I mean on a worldwide basis, it's not like one place figured things out fast on their own otherwise worldwide media would be all over it and everybody would know what's going on.

Realistically they should. With so many people dying per day, even if a fraction turn into walkers, this would become huge news everywhere.

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Kilroy just wants this to happen so he can start complaining about a new cast of characters every single season.

4. Kilroy was here

What happens when they get three or four weeks into the ZA (the point where Rick came out of his coma)? What stories are they going to tell that TWD hasn't already covered in some form? Resetting every season means they could jump ahead ten years, as an example of how it opens up possibilities.

#4 Kilroy was here, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Kirkman doesn't want any canon timelines to jump ahead of where TWD currently is, because if they do, then TWD will be confined by the constraints of how the walkers look and behave in the future shown by FTWD.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

A new outbreak story every season sounds a little repetitive. Not that FTWD won't eventually begin to have more common ground with the original series, but I'd rather follow the same characters than start over again and again.

7. lastcat3

They will tell the story of the new group of survivors. Every group who survives for multiple years in this world would be an interesting tale to tell.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Kind of a Walking Dead/Ground Hog Day Hybrid?

I like the idea?

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think he wants to see each new group go deeper and darker than the one before it.

10. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

It would be constant heartache getting attached to characters and then lose them,over and over. But I think it would be cool if either series do a one episode of scans or flashes to other parts of the country or world even and show how strangers are surviving,,,or not lol.....just to show its everywhere and add more hopelessness and the desire to survive to our groups. Costly for sure by also very cool.

11. lastcat3

That is pretty much what the webisodes did. I don't think it should be something that would take up an episode of one of the regular shows though. And I think starting off with a new set of characters every single year would ruin the show very very quickly.

12. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I could see why some people would enjoy that aspect. Personally speaking, I get very attached to characters so I would not like it much.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The problem is that would become like the movie Groundhog Day where we repeat the same early outbreak. It's unique now because we didn't see it while Rick was hospitalized.

Personally I think we're going to see a different course for our core group than on TWD. My guess is that they're going to be part of a Governor type group instead. Perhaps even one of the primary cast will take that path as well.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's difficult to pull off. The second season of True Detective with the new cast was not well received. American Horror Story brings in new characters each season, but they use many of the same actors.

It's difficult enough to write and produce a quality TV show, but if you start from fresh each season it immediately puts you at a disadvantage since you have to win over the audience again.

15. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

While it might be for some, I don't think I'd be a fan of the starting over with a new cast every season. Watching a regular group of people go through the initial outbreak over and over again probably wouldn't keep me watching.

IF they were going to reset the cast one time, this is what I would like.

1. Have the entire main cast of people get linked to a very large cult type group. They get trapped in the situation, and a Jim Jones type situation occurs. The ones who refuse to "opt out" are killed off by the other group members. Only Nick survives.

2. 2nd season - We see the outbreak from a military/government perspective. We get to see the behind the doors decisions. We see the politicians who use their status to their advantage (and their well-deserving painful demise).

3. Pick up Nick where he left off somehow hooking him together with the military cast survivors. With that military connection, he ends up near the ASZ.

4. Merge the casts of TWD and FTWD.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Anthology's are pretty cool..Different ZA tales would be a good idea..

One season could be something like we saw on Znation..A mission across the country trying to deliver the cure..or stuff like that, for 1 season only, could be pretty interesting...

#16 mtito914, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  17. Kilroy was here

I wasn't aware of that, but that rationale by Kirkman seems kind of lame to me for two reasons. In particular, the canon of the series has already diverged from the canon of the comics beginning in season 1, where Shane lived long past the point of the comics and we won't even get into Andrea's fate. As far as the walkers, how much can they really diverge? All they can do is decompose to a certain point and stop, unless they want to show walking skeletons ala Jason and the Argonauts down the line. On a more general note, Kirkman didn't just sign over the rights to the story and walk away like so many authors do; he's invoved in the show's writing, so if they try and do something that he feels will restrict him he has some say in it.

As I said above, resetting the story allows them to jump in time too; there's no need to keep showing the initial outbreak; in fact, it would be counterproductive to do so, since the purpose of resetting is to look at fresh perspectives and situations.

18. Lupey

Lupey Member

Fine with me. The only cast member I have cared about during the 1st 2 episodes was the neighbors GSD. They have to do something. How many seasons is it going to take to cover 4-5 weeks? Figure we already about a week into the outbreak.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The comic is not canon to the show. But FTWD is canon to TWD.

20. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I like your idea a lot. Now I wish, I could see it.

Especially number 2 sounds appealing.
    And I would love to at least have a peak, how the situation is around the world. Zombies at the Ponte Vecchio or the Eiffel tower, the Taj Mahal, Petra or castle Sanssouci - that would make for a shock effect - there was a scene in the movie version of World War Z, were zombies are roaming through thousands of years old builings in Jerusalem (and other cities). That was scary, because those builings survived wars and changes and weather, but after those zombies went through, there wasn't much standing anymore.
    And how are other countries dealing with it? Asia for example - the big cities in China like Peking?
    Or the smaller islands with lesser air traffic and fewer cities like Iceland? Maybe they are even a save zone for now, because they were able to close their airports in time - would be intersting.

• Like Like x 1