Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My reaction!

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Caryl, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Caryl

Caryl Member

OMG! Thank goodness it's over. That was the worst episode ever. I actually hated it more than I thought I would. Believe it or not I went into it with an open mind (OK sort of) but it was just one vomit inducing scene after another. The entire premise pissed me off. Really? Going on a beer run in the middle of a ZA when you're all alone and struggling for survival. A fu*king beer run?

Kinney did not stand out, did not shine, we only got more of her poor to mediocre acting. Only this time an entire show's worth. I think I liked her better as the human high chair. At least she didn't talk so much. She doesn't deserve to survive. She can barely kill one walker one at a time. She is a liability. Either this was her swan song or she's going to be around a long time and TPTB are trying to make us like her and convince us she deserves to remain. I hope she's getting killed off soon because they didn't even come close to making her likeable or convincing me that this child-woman is anything but a danger to herself and others. And she stalked off into the damn woods by herself. Again!! I almost destroyed my TV when I saw that. Do it again, Beth. Do it again please. Your luck is going to run out one of these damn times you act a fool!

They actually managed to make Daryl extremely unlikable. Yes I am over Beth and she needs to go. That doesn't mean Daryl needs to act like an ass and get all aggressive and intimidating to an innocent teenager. And the rough way he manhandled her in the crossbow scene was too much. Over the top. I don't think violence against women or children should be used gratuitously or taken lightly. It should have been handled differently. His opening up and revelations after didn't make up for it.

Speaking of which....what exactly were we enlightened to? Beth was a naive sheltered teenager and Daryl came from a loser redneck background, hung out with tweakers, and was under his big brother's thumb. That was enlightening? That was predictable and expected.

The flipping off at the end was cheesy. It was so ridiculous that's all I can say about it. A terrible end to a terrible episode. I don't mind character driven episodes. I just don't think these two pulled it off. It was obviously filler to drag out the season. With all the loose ends that need to be tied I am flabbergasted that they wasted an entire show on two people. The last two people who needed it. This is an ensemble cast show. It needs to be treated like one.

So just in case I wasn't clear...this episode blew huge chunks! Hated everything from the premise to the acting to the awful ending.

#1 Caryl, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. Natta

Natta Member

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

[​IMG]

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

What did you think of the promo for next week? I don't mean this to be a smart butt. I'm curious what you think of Beth and Daryl being a featured group again. Do you think this episode might prove to serve a greatest overall purpose?

5. Caryl

Caryl Member

I'm surprised they will be. They just had an entire episode devoted to them. It's very odd. I mean I know Daryl is a fan favorite but why is Beth getting all this screen time all of a sudden? Like I said she's about to bite it or they're trying to convince us she's worth being a main character. I don't for a split second think she and Daryl are going to be a couple. I don't just say that because I'm a Caryl fan. It's just not gonna happen.

I guess one of the reasons I'm so ticked is that they're taking a show I really liked and stringing us along with carrots, artificially drawn out plots, and anti-climactic reveals. They did this with Lost and I had to stop watching it. I stopped watching True Blood because that show just got ridiculous but Lost is what really ticked me off. I hope I'm wrong and I'm not throwing in the towel yet but I just really really don't want this show to turn into what Lost did.

6. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

7. Caryl

Caryl Member

I have fun with the Caryl ship but I'm not obsessed with it. It's just a small part of a show I enjoy. I'm realistic to know that it may not happen. I realize as a Beth shipper, something that is so weakly connected to reality in the first place, you may have a hard time understanding that just because you ship a certain character doesn't mean it has to color every single opinion you have of the show.

Maybe try to be a productive part of the conversation and counter my points you disagree with some of your own instead of automatically pulling the Beth fangirl crap. Just a thought.

8. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

As for the promo, I'm guessing they are focusing on the groups that don't know about sanctuary, so Glenn and co. might show up at some point. I don't think they really plan any relationship for Daryl. I do feel both of them are safe for now.

I think the season is all going to tie together nicely. I'm not surprised they are holding off on the Carol storyline because it has the potential to be explosive if held off until everyone is back together. Or at least a couple groups. We shall see.

BTW, it was perfect but last season of the True Blood was MUCH better then the last couple. I quite watching for a good while.

9. Caryl

Caryl Member

I have to agree. I really don't think they'd be investing this much just to kill Beth off in an episode or two. Despite how much I wish for it lol.

I'm a bigger fan of Carol than I am Caryl. I'm more ticked that she's gotten five minutes of screen time since November. Not to mention she's the center of a gigantic storyline that's been up in the air way too long IMO. I hope you're right!

I gave up early in season five. So season six is better?

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I thought this episode was great. It was nice to see a little bit of Season 1 Daryl come back, lol.

But I still hate Beth though. Probably even more now. If I was the showrunner of TWD, I would probably just have her killed off in a similar way to how Shumpert went out. Meaning that she would not have a death scene like the respected cast members. I would just write the details of her death in future dialog. uh huh!

How should Beth die in this scenario??? Simple. Daryl shares a story with some newer characters about how they found Rick, Carl, Michonne and Tyresse, Carol and the girls. Beth was so happy that she decided to dress up as the Easter Bunny and do a little singing musical skit to entertain the group.

AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE!!!! Lizzy comes up from behind and slits Beth's throat.... from ear to ear. I rule.

#10 Jama, Mar 3, 2014
  11. Caryl

Caryl Member

I will say that I felt so sorry for her after Daryl got walker guts all over her pretty new clothes. Although why she didn't just go back to the shop and get clean ones beats me. And the "peach schnapps...is it good?" "NO!" was really funny! And yeah that's all I got as far as good things to say about it lol.

12. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Ha. Well, I just think it would be too obvious after tonight. I have a feeling the death/deaths will come from Maggie and Carol's groups. Which seems pretty common guesses here.

If you remember, I thought the synopsis was a joke, even thought I was looking forward to an episode with them two. I ended up really liking it but I understand people's frustrations about the unresolved plots. I really like Carol and it is frustrating when they took her out of the show right when she had her best material but I do think it will all work out well.

Oppps, typo. "wasn't perfect." But yes, it's much tighter and focused.

#12 SFA, Mar 3, 2014
  13. Natta

Natta Member

I'd attempt to counter your points, if you actually made any valid ones. But until then

14. Caryl

Caryl Member

This cop out isn't surprising.
    [​IMG]

15. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think the mere fact that she's Hershel's daughter and Maggie's sister means she should get a decent death. I just am on the fence about it now that they've invested an entire episode into her. IDK, just seems unlikely now.

16. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Well, I have to disagree on this one. Must say I haven't been a big fan of Beth - wasn't too impressed with Emily Kinney's acting and thought of her as a background player (and wondered why she still remained on the show), but after watching last night's show, my opinion has changed. Kinney was very impressive in all of her scenes, imo. All she needed was a proper storyline to give her the chance to show her acting ability.

And I found the episode itself to be a powerful one. No, nothing groundbreaking was revealed about Daryl or Beth's character in terms of their pre-apocalytic lives that viewers wouldn't already have assumed, but it was the psychological aspect that the script took which gave "Still" an impressive quality. I love that the writers brought together two such contrasting people - one from a rather sheltered, but loving home life, the other from a loveless, hardened background - and had them clash, then stop and really listen and see one another. This was a great example of character development. It wasn't heavy-handed, it wasn't boring, and it was extremely well-written.

17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Only thing I didn't really like about this sode was the Beth wanting to drink thing. It was really funny actually. Golfers booze up right?

The beginning was nice. The ending was fine, shesh they flipped off a house they burned. Big woop. I'd probably wave my dick at the fire, would you rather of made daryl do that? :Grin: The best part was the emotion spit forth from Daryl even if it was filler or something we already knew about them. It made the episode. Don't know why people keep bringing up OH THIS SCENE WAS A PREDICTABLE THIS SCENE WAS PREDICTABLE THAT HAHAA THIS EPISODE SUUCKS. Shows are predictable all the freakin' time... Dumb excuse if you ask me.

It wasn't the best episode but I really like Daryl in the Forrest trying to catch food and shit. Feels like real survival. Skinning that snake and eating it. Oh I love that.

This was probably the best episode Kinney has done on the show and yes it isn't saying much. Despite my hatred for beth and the little thing with the alcohol , she was better than expected.

#17 Gaycandybacon, Mar 3, 2014
  18. wolffe

wolffe Member

[MENTION=26142]Caryl[/MENTION], I'm thinking we need to enact a little violence against women here and give you a sexy spanking. I mean come on, how could you dislike beth? Next episode Daryl finishes the rest of the moonshine and convinces young Beth to do the hanky-panky.

I feel like I understand your mind of negativity, because it's easy to get caught up and be comfortable finding things you hate in everything.

So we'll just give you a spanking this time and call it even.

- wolffe out

19. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

[MENTION=7319]bassetluv[/MENTION] We need more people like you hereā™«

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I liked this one a lot.
    We really get to see Beth as who and how old she is and something tells me we are being setup for them both to play bigger parts soon from this one.

If it was predictable then I was surprised at how well she was the predictable teenager growing up in the ZA and how well he trudged through his old dead end being hopefully into something new.