Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

My take on Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by IRI_90, Oct 24, 2016.

1. IRI_90

IRI_90 New Member

I hear a lot of people saying the reason Glenn was chosen by Negan after Daryl's outburst was because he had acted out earlier for me that's wrong, Why?, Well if that was the case and going by that logic then why when Rick acted out after that ("I'm gonna kill you") did Negan not turn and bash Daryl's head in?

It's quite simple and becoming obvious to me now that Daryl has become in a sense immortal in the story, I am not a Daryl hater and he has actually been one of my favourite characters since we first saw him, moreso during the whole 'search for Sophia' storyline. But it has now become blatant to me that he is never gonna be killed off which is a shame because a dislike then starts to happen with a character because of it, I'll give a couple of examples where Daryl survived or got 'lucky in situations where the odds were against him.

1.Falling from the horse down the bank and impaling himself on an arrow
    2.Falling unconcious and waking up to find himself with a walker biting his shoe and not his face like they usually would
    3.Andrea being a poor shot and almost missing him completely

Those 3 all happened in the same episode too

4.Captured by The Governor and forced to fight to the death with Merle (Why did The Governor spare him?)
    5.Cornered in a small room full of walkers whilst with Beth in the funeral home
    6.Denise shot with arrow because Dwight 'missed' him
    7.Dwight shooting him in shoulder (What happened to Daryl's tracking skills here?) when he could easily have killed him

I get he's resourceful and has learnt to survive and granted a lot of the other characters have gotten incredibly lucky too, But last night confirmed it for me, You can disagree but in my opinion (That's all it is an opinion, don't shoot me), Daryl was as responsible for Glenn's death as Negan was he may aswell have swung the bat himself, It was sheer stupidity what he did and he deserves to feel immense guilt, i hope when he gets reunited with the group and he will because Negan just won't kill him, that Maggie blames him and calls him out on it (Although she won't).

It seems that when Beth said to Daryl in Season 4 "You'll be the last man standing Daryl Dixon" that wasn't a prediction on her part that was a damn spoiler.

"Hey dumbass". "WHO'S DEANNA?"

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I agree I guess with the reason Glenn was chosen. I don't think Negan chose Daryl because Negan wants him for himself, which is why he took him in the end. I really thought Daryl was going to get it for a minute. I believe Negan has a little backround on Daryl from Dwight and has other plans for him.

3. IRI_90

IRI_90 New Member

Yeah you could see it that way and i can't judge anyone for seeing things that way, call me a cynic but i see that as just another cheap tactic from the writers to spare Daryl again, There is others in that group who would be just as capable as Daryl to be Negan's new 'pet project' for want of a better term.

4. LisaPat

LisaPat New Member

Glenn was dead the second Negan found out he and Maggie were married. He wanted Maggie for himself.

5. LisaPat

LisaPat New Member

Daryl had NOTHING to do with Glenn's death whatsoever. Negan wanted Maggie and once he realized they were married, he killed him. He planned on asking her to return with him.

6. calliope

calliope Active Member

Interesting take on that! I think you raise a very good point, Negan looked very disappointed in Service when he found out that Maggie was available any longer due to her death.

7. calliope

calliope Active Member

I have to disagree. Assuming that Negan is looking for a replacement Savior for all the men he has lost, I think you can eliminate most others who were in the lineup. Start by eliminating all the women, since Negan seems to have some rather old-fashioned opinions about women's roles. Eliminate Rick because he wants him leading the group into subservience. Carl is too young, although he shows great promise for the future. I think you can eliminate Glenn based on his very emotional response when he saw Maggie--not very Savior-like. Likewise Eugene was a big weeping puddle. It pretty much leaves Abe, Aaron and Daryl. Presuming Negan had decided to eliminate Abe as too much trouble right from the start, it comes down to Aaron and Daryl.

He may very well have had some information about Daryl from Dwight, and Aaron did look a little shaky there as well. If you think about it, Negan actually made a very good choice. If only he could get Daryl to turn, he is definitely the one with the type of skillset Negan is looking for.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Daryl punching Negan was stupid as hell (so was Daryl getting placed in the Lucille lineup), but I think the reason it was done to show Dwight that Daryl is fearless. That's why Dwight's carrying Daryl's crossbow, wearing his vest, and riding his chopper: Daryl is the badass Dwight want's to be, but never will be.

All that said, having an accurate show version of Glenn's death would've been epic.