Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Nebraska" - love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by azinazelle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. azinazelle

azinazelle New Member

I was surprised at how slow and boring this episode was. Where were all the Walkers? The most exciting part was when Lori flipped over in her car and then we don't even find out what happens to her. That seems very irresponsible story writing.

My full gripe about the episode.

2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

That was a cliff hanger to tune you in next week. Nothing irresponsible about it. Shows do that all the time.

I think this episode needed to go the way it did to perfect the stages of all that is to come.

3. azinazelle

azinazelle New Member

Were you surprised those sleezy guys had such a short role in the bar? What were their names? Tony something?

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I thought it was great, really enjoyed it from beginning to end. I liked watching the unease in Shane over how he thought the group thought of him now, especially him and Dale after their confrontation in the woods when Dale told Shane he belonged in this world. It was like what he did with the barn proved Dale's point and though Shane knew it he was stubbornly ignoring it. I liked seeing Hershel come back to sanity. I am excited waiting for the next episode wondering 1. What happened to Lori 2. Where there more people with the two whack jobs that tried to overpower the group in the bar and 3. Did Hershel's daughter somehow get bit? That almost catatonic state she is in seems really wierd, but there have been times like this before where I read a lot more into a thing than there was.

5. Howard33

Howard33 Member

The episode did what it was supposed to...

1. Closed the Sophia chapter
    2. Character development. Hershel mostly
    3. Opened new plot elements...potential scavenger groups, Opening someone elses eyes to Shane's developing ruthlessness
    4. Let on a cliffhanger concerning Lori

6. azinazelle

azinazelle New Member

I was wondering about Hershel's daughter. She was the one who leaned over the zombie that came back to life. I wonder if she's going to become a Walker next. That'd be a hard blow for Hershel.

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Indeed! It was like this was a whole new set up of many catalysts at once.

Shane is obviously feeling very guilty about how he went about things.
    Hershel finally gets it about the walkers and feels like a village idiot about it, amidst his grief.
    glen learned a valuable lesson about living people

As for Hershels daughter, I wonder the same thing, if there is a bit on her some where that wasn't found yet. She's burning up with a fever, tachycardic....these seem to be symptoms of it.

8. Howard33

Howard33 Member

She didn't get bit. She's just gone catatonic from shock and stress.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I was surprised it was so short after all the preveiws etc...but it also felt right. I am glad they won't be there next week, I really didn't like either one of them. They served their purpose and revealed that hiding out in the farm and hoping walkers won't show up isnt going to work. I think they are going to be the reason they all move on together (hershel included)

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I don't know about that. Could be, but could be a bite. The fever bothers me.

11. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm still disgusting Nebraska....one thing though, that Lori car crash issue was absolutely stupid!

12. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Actually no. I figured that it was going to lead up to an incident. If it got dragged on and on and on, then I would have been surprised by that. They served their purpose and I am sure they are not alone either.

13. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

It was a good show. Rick was impressive in this episode, for the first time in a long time.

14. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

I don't know if I was really feeling it until the last part with Rick. After that I decided all that led up to the end made it really great.

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

PS: I hated Lori grilling Daryl about going after Rick and Hershel.

16. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

I watched it twice, better the second time around. The first time it flew by and left me with a "was that it" feeling. Watched again with my wife and enjoyed it better. Really like the part with Shane and Carol and of course the bar scene. Oh, also really liked the arm that fell out of the truck...don't know why, it just looked cool and well done...lol

17. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

All of those scenes you mentioned were also my favorites. I've only seen it once so far, and I can tell the second time it will be even more amazing.

18. marsyao

marsyao Member

You can clearly see the changes happens on Andrea, from a crying victim not long time ago, now she would fight a walker hand to hand, and casually throw that arm back to the truck like nothing happens.

19. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

What happened to the thanks feature? I wanted to thank the poster above me for his post.

20. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Yup!

I'm getting really excited about Adrea's development! Her, Rick and Michonne make for an awesome Trio!