Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Nebraska" - love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by azinazelle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. KMKII

KMKII New Member

Lori leaving the farm to go get Rick, Hershel, and Glenn makes no sense. Rick and Glenn went to get Hershel because his daughter is in "shock." She is leaving to get all of them for the same reason. Glenn went with Rick because he knew where the bar was. I do not understand why she tries to get Daryl to go, and then goes herself and alone, when he says no. It is a plot twist that does not seem to mesh.

2. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

Ahhhh I knew it.... I thought it might be like a farm wrap up show. But I was hoping it would be that they had to make a mad dash out of there. Now they're gonna drag out this leaving of the farm likely for a few more epsds. Well I only have one thing left to say..... my friend, only steers and queers go to nabraska, and they don't have horns so that kinda narrows it down now doesn't it!

3. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I googled azinazelle and it means "Dave Navarro" in Swahili...c'mon Dave give the show a chance to breathe and stretch out a bit! :shining:

4. perthguy

perthguy Member

A great episode, I loved the whole bar scene at the end with the two guys. I think that was one of the best scripted and acted scenes so far in the series.

Obviously going to be a catalyst to move on.

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I thought it was a fantastic episode that, as pointed out by others, had all of the elements of a perfect episode. Sadly, it seems as though there are ppl who simply will not be happy with this show unless zombies being blwon to bit while chasing people and someone is fighting for their life or dying in every scene.

6. AVC

AVC Member

Maybe she saw the Mexican Staring Frog

There's a limit per day for thanks. Once you reach it the feature will disappear.

Oh, azinazelle, TWD is not an action movie.

7. lee

lee New Member

well just downloaded the episode here in the uk sat and watched it with a cup of tea and cheese on toast

i was gripped from start to finish, a few great scenes as someone said eaarlier the bar scene was brilliant great acting, intense and a great finish to it, Rick starting to show he will do anything to keep his group safe (also a mention for the choice of music as rick show the two guys class what was the song anyone know?)

8. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN New Member

The closing song was "The Regulator" by Clutch.

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm confused, everything you just mentioned is the very essence of the Walking Dead? Just about every issue of the Walking Dead includes a zombie or renegade scene. It's sad to me that people would want to change what is a show/book about people fighting for survival into a night time soap opera where everyone lives happily ever after.

A tribute to The Walking Dead, back when the group fought Zombie instead of setting around playing checkers.

Walking Dead 93 page 17

[​IMG]

Walking Dead 93 page 13

[​IMG]

10. Maggie

Maggie Member

She didn't grill him. She asked him. He said no, definitively. So she went herself. But she's a moron to flip the car. Gives us bad ass chicks a bad name.

11. STRINGS

She was scratched on her neck by Momma Deek as she leaned over (like a dope!) to do god-knows-what to her mom's corpse! Hadn't she seen enuff Jason Vorhees flicks to know that the baddie is always gonna raise up one more time to inflict their evil on their victims?!? :shining:

12. STRINGS

You call it "flipping"...Lori calls it "parallel parking"...:shining:

13. kidgloves

kidgloves New Member

An excellent episode. For me, the whole series asks some very searching questions about humanity and im finding something to like in every episode.

14. The Governor

The Governor Member

While I thought it was badass of Rick to take out both Dave and Tony in the bar, I was a little let down. Dave (the main talker) I was really enjoying. Good actor. Could've livened the interactions with other characters, added something to the show, but sadly wasn't meant to be. that fat ass pisser Tony, good riddance.

Great episode. Perfect re-intro to the 2nd season. I can't wait to see what happens next week. See how that works?

15. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Great episode! I loved seeing the continuing development of Glen, Rick, Andrea and Shane. (especially Rick finding his kahonies)I am a bit disappointed that the fellow in the bar was so short-lived though. Love the actor. (Rene' from True Blood)
    To the people who don't want things to change from the slash and dash style of the comics...this is tv. Robert Kirkman himself, said that the story-telling has to be different. If you told the story from one comic on tv, it would last 5 minutes. Characters must be developed. The audience has to relate to them. It isn't a video game. It isn't a comic. And the tv audience would not follow it if it didn't have a more relatable, broader appeal. Continual zombie fights would get old (and expensive) very fast.

A side note... I thought it was interesting that Herschel showed less feeling for the two living humans than he did for the dead.

16. azinazelle

azinazelle New Member

I felt like that as well. I felt this episode was a major let down after the huge build up.

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Although these particular two guys aren't part of the comics, the introduction of outside survivors in this episode felt like a perfect translation of the comics. That's the kind of stuff The Walking Dead is about.

I'm thrilled that they haven't started throwing in mindless zombie action over and over again to please the people that think that's what this story is about.

18. boutte

boutte Active Member

I'm glad they're smart enough to realize that you have to make the characters seem like real people that the audience is going to care about and identify with. (I'm ok with it if they feed Hershel to a couple of walker though.) Otherwise it's just another stupid zombie flick.

It was a little slow in places but I'd rather that than some of the scenes that are there for no other reason than to gross you out. It's cool from time to time but think they were kind of over doing it a bit in the first half of the season.

And yeah, Olive Oil driving off for no good reason was kind of lazy. It's like they just decided to tag it on at the last minute or something.

19. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm with you, the group has more issues to worry about than just walkers.

20. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

It appears that Rick's group as a whole has picked a perfect time to begin growing "colder"....(Carl saying his dad did the right thing and he would have shot Sophia too, Andrea non-chalantly tossing the arm back into the pickup, Daryl all of a sudden unwilling to help)....seems this sort of attitude will aid in their survival....a few weeks ago Rick (in TWD time) Rick would have wanted to help these two poor guys trying to survive.....now, instead of just saying he would do anything to protect his family/group, he actually did something about it.....and in doing so, probably sealed a bond with Herschel that Rick is a good enough leader to hitch onto....