Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan at the dumpster site

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by Blueman, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

How did Negan get hold of a gun, a flare and those pics?
    I must have somehow missed it. It seems he got nothing in the prior scene and then a change of scene just shows he was having all these items. How come?

2. Sully

Sully Active Member

He scooted his board up a bit, but I didn't see him specifically grab the gun. I also thought it was unloaded because surely Jadis wasn't that stupid but nope.

I'm more confused again about the HELICOPTER..

And also that room Jadis was in. I really don't think that place was a dump before. It looks like some faciliry of some sort.

3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I loved Jadis' room, I think she's always had that, we've just never been privileged enough to see it. Spartan but beautiful, like a capsule of sanity in midst of all that mess of trash. Completely fitting for her as a leader, looks like the inside of a trailer container completely redone.

Yes, the helo bugs me as well, wth!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Annoyed at Jadis's room. ha Where did everyone else sleep?! Why didn;t she just hide in there the whole time?

I have to rewatch but I get miffed when continuity doesn't seem watertight eg; like one of the above ^^ comments talking about how he pulled all the photos and lit a flare without anyone seeing him hiding those things...and then also how Jadis got him in there in the first place. Dead weight is heavy and Negan ain't a small man!
    Oh well.

I loved Negan's speeches and the glimpse of vulnerability, ability to level with Jadis regarding Lucille and after when he was saying she hasn't lost herself. I was hoping for a scene where we got to see more of Negan's other side, didn't think it would be the trash with Jadis but it was pretty good.

5. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Can someone please post a screen shot of Jadis' room?

6. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. barbell43

barbell43 Member

thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I imagine she pulled Negan out of the car directly on to the pull cart and tied him up first thing. Then she could haul him around.

Negan didn't have a hidden flare. He found Jadis's flare along with her photos. I think she was planning to use the flare to signal the helicopter to land and take her away, but in the tussle with Negan, the flare went out in that puddle of water. She had the photos with her flare because that's what she was planning to take with her when she evacuated.

She disappeared when the helicopter appeared to go get another flare. But she was too late, and the helicopter was already flying away when she was waving the new flare, yelling something like, I'm here! I'm here!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Everything about this exchange was just off to me?
    First off Jadis is no wilting flower but more of a beast of a woman and I imagine she could drag negan around pretty easily even as dead weight as needed.

But this already makes little sense to me and I can't figure out why she didn't just kill him on sight if she thought he killed her entire community in the first place?
    She kills him,takes his head as proof and the war is over,WTF really?

She seems to mostly talk without meaning anything she says though but she also accepts his pathetic excuses and agrees to let him go?

And again why doesn't he just shoot her and free himself when he clearly almost already has?

The Helo thing??????
    No freaking clue but I am sure we will get the most idiotic and implausible explanation or scenario to both accept and wonder how we didn't catch on before too long.

Oh and no man negans age ever referred to pictures as "Snaps" anywhere either!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

those containers are only about 8 feet wide, and usually 20 or 40 feet long. Look at her room, it is really narrow just like a container, and all you'd have to do is put windows in roof and hang paneling on walls. My thoughts are that there are lots of these trailers under all the heaps of garbage to camouflage them and that's where everyone lived. Only she is the leader so she got one of her own.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I've seen quite a few pics of those tiny container homes and it's remarkable how nice they can look inside. I agree that it's logical that the Dumpsters had other container homes throughout the landfill. Might not have been as nice as Jadis's but then again you never know.

12. blundig

blundig Member

The entire scene, including not torturing Negan to death very slowly while taunting him, was beyond absurd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I must say I couldn't understand the reasoning behind Jadis letting him go. She went to a lot of trouble to bring him to the dump and enact what looked like an elaborate revenge scheme. Then she let him go because he didn't burn her pics? It was too elaborate and drawn out, IMO. It was like the villain going on and on before they oft the hero and it gives the hero a chance to escape . Well, in this instance the villain escaped. Burn the bat and stab him in the chest. Done. Then flag down the copter and get the hell out.

Sooooo... maybe Negan was right when he said if she really wanted to kill him she would have done it already. Maybe she decided to deliver a message and strike a bargain. She had his life in her hands. If she let him go he'd owe her so that Negan could punish Simon in a way she wouldn't be able to. I'm not sure that was her original intention but the more she let Negan talk she ended up changing her mind.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

I just want to know how Negan couldn't blow the head off that walker from that angle. Makes no sense why he could only make chest shots.

15. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Negan scooted the cart he was strapped to over to Jadis' luggage she had packed with a couple of guns, clothes, the pics, etc.

I chalk it up to poor editing as they didn't really show Negan look at or acknowledge the suticase itself...it was just there in the background and the viewer had to figure it out for themselves.

And yeah I've seen container living units and they look remarkable.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I don't understand why everyone is saying her container thing was so nice. It was just really clean. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It was just really empty. But I guess anything's nicer than the piles of trash we're used to see her in/on.

18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It was symbolism, that's all. Just like her worn, dirty coat covering a brilliant white slip.

Under all that garbage is a clean, minimalistic living space. Free from garbage and clutter.

It sort of explains their stupid language. Minimalistic, clean, no wated words. Still really stupid to hear, but it now fits with what we know of her.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense. In contrast it was “really nice”. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That is the only way i'd be able to live in a trash heap...I'd need a retreat from all the clutter lol. Some aromatherapy like a candle to trick my mind into believing i'm not in the middle of piles of garbage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1