Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan bailing on Maggie

Discussion in 'Episode 1101 - Acheron Part 1' started by Miamicuse, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I don't know, I am not liking how they did this, to me it makes no sense.

I don't know how long that final scene was, when Maggie was hanging and Negan was looking at her, presumably debating whether to help her? Like ten seconds? or longer?

I don't think it is realistic that he is the one who looked back to check on her, yes he was the last one up the ladder, but why no one else came back to help? Carol at the beginning of the episode when she was about to be roped up they all stood near the edge and kept the walkers from getting too close to her. Why didn't they come back to throw knives, shoot arrows at the walkers, or at least look down to see if they can help Maggie up? Only Negan there? What happened to the rest of them? Unless, there is something else that kept their attention, like there is another group of walkers up top and they were busy fighting them off? I don't think it's realistic writing if they all were up top, sat down to sip some water and chilling, with Negan the only one back to check on Maggie.

Also is it a definite that Negan bailed on her? What if he turns back for a second to get a long stick to help free her from the grips of the walkers and that was just a bad "cliffhanger" like Glen's dumpster?

I saw Maggie's hand let go at the very last second...so I am predicting the next episode's opening second will show a hand catching her from up top just in time. Probably Negan's hand. Daryl is not up top he left to look for Dog.

I don't think Maggie dies, so she is saved by someone. If Negan bails on her and she survives she will kill him for sure, not very interesting. If someone else saves her and she survives she will kill him also, boring. If Negan saves Maggie from certain death then Maggie will be conflicted and that could get interesting. I think that's what will happen. That last scene was a bait and switch.

By the way the way the blood dripped down slowly off Daryl's arm kind of reminded me of the scene in Mission Impossible where a bead of sweat dripped down in the CIA computer room.

Another possibility, is Daryl found Dog and the two missing guys, came back behind the walkers and mowed them down with fresh ammunition to save Maggie. They climbed the ladder to confront Negan, but when they got to the top no one's there. They are all gone, except with a card "PPP" LOL.

#1 Miamicuse, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Some good points. I agree it would have been more in character if at least one or two others had stayed at the edge of the car to make sure everyone got up ok. Why only Negan?

I think he did it deliberately only because I thought I heard in the previews for the next epi something to the effect that he did what he did for the good of the whole group. I don’t think he hates Maggie like she does him but he sure as hell thinks she was making some very bad decisions that are going to get them all killed. Maggie claims she brought him along because he knows the city but no one is listening when he tries to advise them.

The way she, and the others were/are still treating him, it would be only natural that he might also have thought, Oh well….there’s one of my problems solved.

I like the idea that Daryl and dog might come up behind and save her but Negan could take off and they would never find him but could find themselves lost in the maze of subway tunnels.

3. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

There is a chance Maggie slips and falls then she fights the walkers, Daryl came to the rescue may be with the two missing guys, they escaped through the same crack Daryl passed earlier to find Dog, now the group is split into two, and they fought their own way out, not to be reunited for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My guess is that the others find a way into the car, and open the door to let her in.
    I also think it’s Negan who kills the walkers that are by her.

I have hope for the guy. Also, if he let her die, the others would kill him where he stood.

The truth is out there

5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

No where near 10 seconds. Count it out. That's a long time.