Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan is the best thing about this show now

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Kernunnos, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

I'm saying this from the viewpoint of someone who was furious that (P)Rick didn't kill Negan when he had the chance.

If it wasn't for Negan, there's nobody I really care enough to continue watching this show for. He's the 'hero' of the Walking Dead franchise now, for me.

Nobody else is vaguely interesting.

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

He's interesting because he's the one going through the biggest changes.

Most of the other characters, while going through changes themselves, are basically who they have been for a while.

Negan, on the other hand, is going through the most drastic development. So naturally his arc is going to be the most interesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I'd also add, he's the most unpredictable character, so he makes you feel on edge all the time. You can never be sure what he will do next, which also makes him exciting. He's the most complex character on the show, with a hint of insanity. Unbeatable, really. I'd say Alpha is pretty close though. We just haven't spent as much time with her.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

Negan is unpredictable and complex. Bashing heads in and then saving little girls. I am looking forward to his character development.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There's a lot of solid characters to like and care about right now, but I agree Negan is one of them. I'm not saying I'd want him to be let out of jail if I was an Alexandrian. I wouldn't. But to watch on screen, he is fun.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. blundig

blundig Member

He lives as the anti-death penalty symbol.

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, guy can be hot and cold almost in the same breath. I find myself fascinated watching his character development but God Damn, you never know what he’s gonna do next. It’s like a window into the workings of a high functioning sociopath.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. BlackBird

Considering how well it has worked out for the show to keep Negan alive, could you imagine Alpha going into the cell for the next few seasons, instead of getting killed off?

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do with him in the future. The story is so far from the comics now, aside from the general Whisperer story, that anything is possible. I don't see him siding with Alpha though. Not sure though what comes after this for him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

No I think Alpha is going to be killed, most likely by Carol.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. BlackBird

I know...I know... I'm just thinking, wouldn't it be good to have your cake and eat it?