Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan killing Carl

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by Duce000, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

So at the end of last season Negan seemed set on killing Carl. Now that Carl is actually dead he seems hurt.

So my question is, is this a plot hole or does it make sense.

To me it makes sense. I think Negan was willing to kill Carl if it meant things went back to him being in control and if it would break Rick. I think if he had killed him then he would feel similar to how he does now but he would blame Rick and say he gave him no choice

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Negan respects Carl because he wasn't afraid of him, and he was trying to avenge the death of a friend, which is something Negan can also understand and respect.

Plus, Negan told Rick he'd try to kill Carl with just one wack of Lucille because he liked him; he didn't want Carl to suffer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Agree with both you you. Negan like Carl and each meeting of the two he respected him more and more. He was only willing to kill him so Rick would just fall in line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Agree as well. It's not that Negan wanted to kill Carl last season, but it seemed his only recourse to break Rick.

5. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

It's a good theory- fits in with the Enid conversation at Oceanside about how killing IS the punishment,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, Negan killing Carl wasn't something he wanted to do. He HAD to do it because that's the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1