Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan vs Simon

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Sully, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Active Member

Who were you rooting for? Was your hatred for Negan so large that you wanted Simon dead?

Or did you think Simon was even worse than Negan and was better off dead?

I was rooting for Negan because I actually like him and his personality, while Simon doesn't have any likeable or sympathetic traits at all.

But it'd have probably been better for Team Family if Simon won. He'd be a lot easier to take down because he is nowhere near the leader Negan is.

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I knew who was gonna win, but even so I rooted for Negan. Because it would have been somewhat anticlimactic to build up this entire war with Negan just to end it with Rick fighting Simon instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Well, while watching it I was hoping somehow Simon would win but I knew Negan would to fulfill the Carl plot for him one way or the other. I just know that no matter what the situation is, I'll never root for Negan. I just can't get passed the fact that he personally used that bat to kill Glenn and Abe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I didn't think Negan was going to kill him. Beat him to a pulp, sure. But not kill him. I thought Dwight was the one going to die in this episode.

5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I loved this episode, I really did, if only Simon hadn't tried that last little double-cross I really think Negan had forgiven him too. But how it all played out, I really enjoyed the finale with Dwight, omg I nearly fell in love with Negan there.

6. Sully

Sully Active Member

Do you guys think Dwight ratting out Simon to Negan is why Negan didn't kill him too?

Or did Dwight not benefit from staying loyal to Negan there at all?

7. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I don't think that Dwight ratting out Simon would have necessarily gained him any favor with Negan. I would think in this situation, Negan would view that ratting not so much as being loyal, but moreso a cowardly saving of his own skin on the part of D. JMO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Negan is to plot armoury. It is a bit silly how he always is one step ahead, tattoo girl just have happended to have survived for this long and drop by conveniently, for a Negan who restored himself super fast to beat up Simon, this after falling down several floors and fighting Rick. No physical issues at all.

Simon even sounded more sane this episode than Negan with his "GOT TO KILL EM ALL" talk now. He paints himself as a "Saviour" but he is not that far from Simon, Sorta thought Simon would maybe be more interesting but we all knew Negan would win.

9. Sully

Sully Active Member

That's a good point. Maybe if Negan wasn't already aware of Dwight being a traitor it'd have been something that showed his loyalty, but I think knowing that already when Dwight went to him only further proved to Negan that Dwight is a rat trying to gain favor like you said.

10. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I knew that was a set up on Simon outside but I thought all of them were in on it... and I was pretty sure Negan knew about Dwight all along too...

I may be wrong in my thinking here, but if I were Dwight I would have sided with Simon, taken out Negan and then foiled the plan Simon had to wipe out the Hilltop and play both sides again... Simon isn’t as smart as Negan... he was all emotion and testosterone, seeing red and one-dimensional in his thought process... and he trusted Dwight... I think it could’ve put Dwight in the perfect spot if he played his cards that way instead of trying to sellout Simon and Negan in the reverse order... backfired big time

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I was rooting for Simon. He was just as scary as Negan, although he would have become a beatable foe because he didn't have Negan's monstrous mythos. That was a man-against-monster fight. I root for the man.

Simon asked Dwight why he betrayed him, and Dwight said because Negan always wins. It's the same reason Dwight gave for returning to Negan when he and Sherry were successfully escaping. Dwight consistently undermines himself with his irrational belief that Negan always will win, even as he nevertheless struggles against him. Of course Dwight and Sherry could have gotten away that time. Sherry did get away later, under far less promising circumstances.

Simon's plan could have worked, too. It was way past time for one of Negan's own to try to organize a rebellion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Such a great point you make about Dwight. His goal was supposed to be the death of Negan. He could have gotten rid of him and still moved forward with helping Rick's group. Yet instead of moving forward with a plan to get rid of Negan, he tipped him off. I was surprised he wasn't all over Simon's plan from the beginning but I was stunned when Negan patted him on the back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Dwight not helping Simon...well damn that was kind of weird from his perspective! All the "Take Negan out and end it". Simon would have caused uprisings all over so why he did not let Simon play his game is odd. Simon would not have seen the double backstab come. Thinking he established the fear needed!

I think I miss him more than Negan. The actor of Simon really knew how to play that weirdo which could walk into a room and get noticed. He was not the dumbest either but his anger and lust for blood made him irrational and not thinking. The zombie apocalypse brought out the worst and the best from Simon...all about how you view it! :S

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

No shit! The only problem with Simon to me is he was a bit too close to Trevor!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I still think Simon was a more serious version beside Trevor. He sits in the box of crazy but he was borderline normal here :p

16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Marc, I just love your posts. "Borderline normal." LOL I'm adding that to "Rick's Hobo Commandos." LOL

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

You're welcome! ;) Im sure Simon will be missed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1