Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Negan will take care of you if you let him" or

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by EZD, Nov 7, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

"Whatever he has done there is always more" ?

I thought it was interesting that the Doctor says the first line when Daryl is in with him and this must really be the key to what makes Negan "successful" overall with his people?
    He breaks them down and then picks them back up and they feel protected by him even with his constant threat of killing them is his mantra too.

At the same time there are those (Shelly & Dwight) who are broken enough to give into Negan outwardly but not quite broken inside that they go along to get along but ARE aware of just how fragile and crazy the whole deal they have is.

When he says to Dwight you can have anyone you want as long as they say Yes?Principles,Morals? Even if only about certain things.

Negan really is a complex and interesting character,an evil and terrifying character but no one dimensional villain for sure.:zombies_shocked:

2. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

Yeah, Negan has a very unique code of ethics, doesn't he? I mean, your typical villain would have just killed the lot of them. Negan's philosophy is summed up in his words to Rick: "Think about what happened. Think about what did happen. Think about what could still happen."

3. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Negan understands that there is strength in numbers and that only the truly strong have been able to survive at this point. Therefore, "I want you to work for me". He just makes them kneel and sets up his own "p*&^y bar". Also, I think that they have to explain Negan's "point system" better, i.e., what do you have to do for Negan to let you live under his rule.

4. batongal

batongal Active Member

I can't get on board with the morals thing. It may look that way outwardly when he says 'as long as they say yes' but if you think about it they're manipulated into saying yes because who in their right mind wouldn't, they know what can happen if they aren't agreeable. Does he really have principles or just a king at master manipulator? I say the latter.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think Negan wants to feel like he's a good guy helping people. That's why he doesn't just kill everyone who is out of line.

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

In his own mind, Negan's a great guy.

7. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

[MENTION=18092]Spidey[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1993]8307c4[/MENTION] - exactly. He makes you earn what you have and get to keep, an what you get from him. He'll discipline you like a parent but won't kill you (although some parents go the extra mile).

8. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

We all must admit that Negan has it going on!