Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by TGO, Nov 11, 2015.

1. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Negan is actually a female name. He probaly took the first syllables of his first and last name.
    Like... Nepomuk Gangbasher or something...

2. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

3. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I am hoping JDM grows the beard back. It definitely suits him.

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I agree, Lola. Clean shaven doesn't suit TV Negan at all. If JDM says that Gimple pressured him into getting a shave, it won't surprise me at all.

5. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

Let's hope he grows it back and soon.:zombies_cuinlove:

6. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY POOL WITH THIS MAN

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Brings new meaning to "Pool shark."

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Like I said in the other thread I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, I'm a beard man. I don't trust a man who has nothing better to do with his time than to make his face more itchy and annoying to look at.

On the other hand... I think JDM with the clean shaven look was a lot more menacing. I don't know that his facial expressions just before and after he killed Spencer would have had the same effect with the beard.

9. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Wonder if they burned that pool table? Because I wouldn't want to play pool or look at it after what occurred.

10. Jo1978

Jo1978 New Member

Beard! Beard! Beard! Beard! Beard!

11. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

A youtube poster speculated that the Bowie knife Negan used to kill Spencer is a Rogue River Tactical Bowie Knife.

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Also known as the "Spencer gutting knife"

13. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Been mulling over Negan and Lucille.

Obviously the bat is a staple of his whole persona. If I recall correctly, I do believe the bat
    . I put that in spoiler tags in case those who weren't privy to that knowledge from the comics.

Seeing how upset Negan was that Lucille took that bullet instead of him, made me realize that the bat is his "Achilles heel" if you will. Sorry if this is redundant but I felt it was worth pointing out. Anyway, a random comparison flashed through my mind (and it's where I got the "Achilles' heel" from) - in "Batman Forever" Dr. Meridian is talking to Bruce about Two-Face and how the coin he uses is his "Achilles' heel" and that he can't make a decision without using it.

Negan is not much different in a sense...look what he said in the MSF, "Lucille, give me strength." Hell, he even put it at the dinner table.

What I'm getting at is, if Negan no longer has Lucille, just how much more vulnerable would he be? He killed Glenn and Abraham with it, and who knows how many others. He does carry the knife of course, which is how he killed Spencer, but Lucille makes him feel that power, he knows when people see that bat, they are automatically wary and more likely to do his bidding.

Anyway, as I said, that could be a key in the group overpowering him, at least. I've not read the comics as far as the current stand point so of course it's just me theorizing...

14. Steppin' Razor

Is it just me or does JDM sorta look like Robert Downey Jr. in some pics, just a little bulkier? I think it's the eyes.

15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I think, he looks a bit like a younger Bruce Willis without the beard.

Which is weird - I saw JDM in so many movies and shows and I never made that connection before. Must be the slicked back hair .

WickedJenn : I do think, that Negan would be devastated, if Lucille is destroyed or taken, but I don't think, it would stop him from doing what he does, not like Samson and his hair for example

16. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I totally see this.

18. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Don't open the spoiler unless you want to be spoiled about the comic where it is in current time. I'm really, really serious. There's spoilers, and then there are SPOILERS, and this is a SPOILER.

19. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

20. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I really can't wait until we get some back story in the show for Negan. I've browsed through everything I could find online regarding his pre-apocalypse life. I really hope they will include that on the show down the line. I want to see his relationship with his wife Lucille and how the origins his bat Lucille came to be.