Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by skaaaa, Jan 8, 2013.

1. vegeta23

vegeta23 New Member

Negan is a sociopath/pyschopath. The majority of people misunderstand this. They are not like Hitchcock's pyscho who is more likely a paranoid schizophrenic. Sociopaths lack emotion and a conscience. Not all are violent or deranged.

This a great story about a scientist from a nice middle class background who accidentally found out he was a pyschopath. Source:http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-180947814/

An extract:

Many of us would hide this discovery and never tell a soul, out of fear or embarrassment of being labeled a psychopath. Perhaps because boldness and disinhibition are noted psychopathic tendencies. In it, Fallon seeks to reconcile how he—a happily married family man—could demonstrate the same anatomical patterns that marked the minds of serial killers.
    "I'’ve never killed anybody, or raped anyone,” he says. “So the first thing I thought was that maybe my hypothesis was wrong, and that these brain areas are not reflective of psychopathy or murderous behavior.”

But when he underwent a series of genetic tests, he got more bad news. “I had all these high-risk alleles for aggression, violence and low empathy,” he says, such as a variant of the MAO-A gene that has been linked with aggressive behavior. Eventually, based on further neurological and behavioral research into psychopathy, he decided he was indeed a psychopath—just a relatively good kind, what he and others call a “pro-social psychopath,” someone who has difficulty feeling true empathy for others but still keeps his behavior roughly within socially-acceptable bounds.

I think Negan is difinitely from a white collar job and he's from a stable family background. He is a cult-leader sociopath. He isn't a guy who enjoys rape or violent abuse. He does what he does because it's necessary to achieve his goals. To control the group. He brands those who sleep with his wives. He is very intelligent and calculating. When he has a hood over Holly when he zombified her and his zombie darts and he shows no remorse.

I don't think he's ex military at all. The way he runs the Saviours is a cult not a military operation. He doesn't have a military style command. If he was special ops, each member would have a title and a specific job. He is very well organised and runs it if anything like a corporation.

So a middle-class job, in a corporation and full of pyschopathy. I think a banker would fit. It would also be interesting and cool, the domesticated sociopath in a zombie world becomes Negan.

Of course I could be wrong and over analysing:)

#121 vegeta23, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

While he does most certainly despise rape; he definitely enjoys, loves, and relishes violence very, very much. Also, not all of his violent acts and behavior are always done in the express interest of achieving a goal or accomplishing a task.

But, he without a doubt loves violence. Negan, on several occasions has described in vulgar detail just how much he loves and is excited by violence, death, blood, screams, smoke, fire, desolation, despair, bits of brain and blood and entrails scattered about, watching people burn alive. It's great fun for him, a source of enjoyment; and he can't stand when he can't be directly involved with the violence because he feels as if he's missing out. He even comments on how the smoke and the blood and the screams of death sexually arouse him, the killing making his genitals-"hard enough to crack steel!".

[​IMG]

3. vegeta23

vegeta23 New Member

Yeah I agree, not sure why I wrote he doesn't love violence. He clearly loves violence and wielding power. He loves war.

He's more complex than the Governor.

4. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

"My dick is a full boner, sure. Yep" and "my dick and balls are hungry for death" are two lovely and beautiful quotes that have to make the show.

5. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

I admit after my life past and job I chose I get called a psycho a lot after a while u go numb when u r are around blood and gore you can start to love it. Me personally would put him on knees handed Maggie Luicelle and stepped back and watch show.
    Maggie didn't wanna do I would how hard would it have been to snipe Negan when he came out of factory. He killed Glenn for fun of it yea he needed killing big time. My thought simple PAYBACK TIME!!!
    Sorry if I seem cold heartless crazy killer

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Coming over from the TV Negan thread to share with you fine folks (I'm still trying to blast through and catch up on the comics myself)...

For those wanting more info (and spoilers) about the first four pages being released of "Here's Negan!":

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/27/the-walking-dead-negans-pre-apocalypse-occupation-revealed/

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

9. DragonRacer

With "Captain America: Civil War" out today and everyone being all #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan... I'mma just be over here, in the corner, waving my little #TeamNegan flag and staying the f*ck out of it. LMAO

[​IMG]

10. Deidre

Deidre Member

In a small way, I'd like to hear his 'backstory' or read about it. I'm planning to read the comics. But, in another way, I don't want to know his backstory. But, everyone has a backstory ...no one is born a psychopath.

11. Guitar

Guitar New Member

Most of the things that he says are supposed to be funny... I guess. But they aren't funny-- just cringe-worthy.
    Something that he said in a recent issue actually cracked me up, though... something like, "So we f--k in this gang right? Alright, so maybe not. Look, I'm down to join whether we f--k or not."

12. DragonRacer

Unfortunately, you won't really get a backstory for him in The Walking Dead comics, although I do highly recommend reading them. He's the most amusing son of a bitch I've seen in any type of media in quite some time, which is why I'm a rather gigantic fangirl of his now. LMAO

The comics are really just that good in general, too. I only just read them for the first time right after the Season 6 finale aired and it was so worth it. You can get caught up super-easily by getting the three compendiums currently out (each one contains something like 40-50 comics issues each). Each is about $30-$35 on Amazon or in Costco. After that, you'd need to pick up the single issue copies (either online or from a local comic book store) to be caught up to current. Compendium 3 ends on Issue # 144 and we are currently at issue # 155 as of the June edition. The new issues appear to come out the first Wednesday of every month as of the current schedule.

There is, however, a Negan backstory Robert Kirkman is currently penning (separate from the main Walking Dead series). Four pages of it are being published per month in Image+ magazine, which contains short previews of other comics as well, and there are 48 total pages planned, so it will take a full calendar year before we have Negan's entire backstory. So far, there have only been two issues (they appear to publish the last Wednesday of every month), so there hasn't been a ton revealed yet. If you want, you can follow our synopsis of it in the "Here's Negan!" thread Neuropyramidal started here: http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f102/heres-negan-152142.html

#132 DragonRacer, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  13. DragonRacer

Negan's humor is very sophomoric. I think it's the kind that people either find hysterical or find crude, with really no in-between opinion.

I happen to find him hilarious myself, but I'm also someone who loves sexual humor, double entendres, innuendo, and a general sense of "that's what she said" jokes, so it was a natural fit for me. LMAO

I totally get the crowd that would not find him funny, though. At all. He's a boor, that's for certain.

14. Deidre

Deidre Member

Thank you for this! So I can get totally caught up by buying the entire ''set'' of comics for $30-35 for the kindle?

15. DragonRacer

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the Kindle format. I'm still kinda old school and bought the paperback copies at around $35.00 each. So, I roughly spent $100 for all three compendiums plus shipping. Then, I picked up the single comic issues after that for $2.99 a piece from a local comic shop.

Here are the Amazon direct links, in case it gives you Kindle info.

Compendium 1 (covers start to around the establishment of the prison/war with The Governor): https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead...79914&sr=8-1&keywords=walking dead compendium

Compendium 2 (post-prison up to about the discovery of The Hilltop): https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead...79914&sr=8-3&keywords=walking dead compendium

Compendium 3 (Negan shows up and all sorts of stuff well past the show's current timeline): https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead...79914&sr=8-2&keywords=walking dead compendium

16. Monster Voices

SPOILERS for Issue 156

I was hearing talk about whether Negan is against rape as a whole or just to keep his group going as a leader. I'm happy to see that he showed his morals and that he was disturbed by the Whisperers. He is an evil evil man but reasonable and not savage. :zombies_cuinlove: *Fangirls on and on*