Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan's Biological Weapons Plan

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You likey? Efficient? High danger of self infected injury and friendly fire, with people running around in battle? Fan of the biology behind it?

And most importantly, who will we lose due to this new tactic?

In the comics we lost

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I always thought it would be Morgan who pulled an Eastman like manuever and took a hit to save Rick, but that theory is busted.

I imagine the person you mentioned will take the hit. Maybe Bruce, but definitely someone unimportant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Maybe little Henry, and that’s what will help set Morgan off enough to leave...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I really like this!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Tobin is definitely going to be the one who dies. You see how much screen time he got with Judith the last episode? Tobin has been a pretty minimal player lately and now he's caring for Rick Grimes' kid? Playing with her in the woods on the way to the hilltop? He's a dead man walking.

As far as the guts tactic, I thought it made a lot more sense in the comics when the saviors did most of their fighting without a lot of guns. I guess with the "bullet shortage" they are trying to move the story that direction. One flaw in Negan's logic is that Rick and them currently have guns and ammunition. What good is a spear with guts on it? Or a bat?A bow and arrow maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, I'm guessing probably that is what they will do. Gunk up some crossbows.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If people were going to die from contact with walker guts, everyone would already be dead, what with all of the close up fighting with them and people having skin breaks, so I am annoyed that this is becoming a thing. If it had been a method of death from the get go--or even illness--it would have made perfect sense to me. They can't just throw in one optic nerve complication at this late date and get me on board. I am bugged.

Last night on Talking Dead, they were talking smack about Henry, and I had no idea why. He is a great little kid, brave and good. I think you are all right that his death would be useful as a plot point, but I hope it's not Henry. :(

I have no idea who is likely to die, though. I wondered if, because Father Gabriel's health was in a serious state, he might not see incoming guts and be able to move quickly to get out of the way. And re Father Gabriel, I think it would be cool if his eye trouble caused his to see the walkers in a new light, the way Carol saw them as normal people when she was near death.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it's something about the walkers in that area that cause people to become sick by using walker guts as camo. When Negan and Gabe were in the trailer trying to escape, Negan told Gabe that his people always got sick when they tried that trick. I assumed this is why Gabe got sick in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

I missed that line! Thanks.

10. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

I agree it is stupid. Awful they introduce that now after all these years of being splattered in the eyes, on their skin, and in their mouth with all the close combat kills....with walkers laying on top of them. Not to mention the guts camo that is used all the time. To say it is only native to that area is about as dumb as people saying Carl may have been immune, etc.

What do you expect with a show that now looks like a bunch of neighborhood kids out playing make believe....and with the stupidity to match.

11. Lindigo

Maybe the walker virulence is building up in the oldest walkers, like reducing a broth.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it had to do with the toxic waste spill we saw several episodes back, but who knows. I just remember Negan telling Gabe that's why his people don't do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

All I know for sure is that it does seem like a cheap ploy now to pretend this is how it works despite all of our knowing it doesn't before this.

I have never been one to use the phrase "Lazy Writing" but come on man!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Both times when Rick used walker guts he had a blanket or coat over his clothes and used the guts on that as opposed to Negan and Gabe.. so I could get aboard if that was the only instance of it. Negan did state he saw people get sick from it (or at least heard about it)

But Nick from Fear was smearing this shit all over his face which draws the problem for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Maybe Gregory coughed on Gabriel in 8x01 and that’s why he’s dying :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, the infected by guts thing is just one of those things we have to accept as inconsistent. The two most glaring times for me would be Rick shooting the walker in Alexandria and it's brains and blood covered his face with fresh cuts. And Michonne getting walker guts in her mouth and all over her face.

My head cannon says it's like any other infection. When delivered into a large wound where their mouths contact open skin, they get sick. If it's blood in a new wound it's 50/50. Like anything else, some people can naturally fight off infection.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I feel the same about that. It’s not the idea of it that bugs me, (I always thought that all that blood and guts flying around should have caused problems right from the start) but the fact that they never really made a big deal about it up until now. These people are covered with cuts and scratches and very often they have fought close up with the walkers, it would have made sense for at least one person to have died due to contracting the infection from an open wound but it has never happened until now with Father Gabriel. (The fact that Negan said he’s seen it before still seems like a retcon to me, I would have liked to see it happen onscreen to at least one of the many characters that we’ve known).

#17 Woodstock, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Lindigo

Exactly! Maybe with dialog that it didn't used to be a problem but for some reason now it is dangerous.

Thank you for the new word: retcon! I looked it up. Retroactive consistency. I feel like you just gave me a Christmas present. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

negan is a true humanitarian for sure.
    He is just trying to save them with the walker gut weapons.

People are a resource......dead people.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Lol, you are very welcome! They used to throw that word around a lot on the Supernatural board back in the IMDb days, that’s where I picked it up. :D

• Like Like x 1