Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan's Biological Weapons Plan

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

See, I’m not good at remembering specific situations but those two examples are exactly what I was talking about in my post. And there are many more where those two came from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

Doesn't this contradict earlier events? Rick and co. covered themselves in guts several times now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

We've been talking about that. For camouflage, they gunked up their clothes mostly and then smeared their faces, apparently not getting anything into skin breaks. Maybe puncture wounds--biting, barbed wire--do similar damage. I agree, it's not particularly consistent, but, oh, well. "It's not a documentary," Chris Hardwick would say. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

My bad. Eh, I guess. Still seems sketchy to me, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Still seems sketchy to me, too. lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think they were using bed sheet to cover themselves and the blood was not applied to their skin directly.
    However, it can be explained off by saying, like, the 'virus' here and now gets mutated (due to combination with the nearby toxic waste) and become infectious when in contact with an open wound (not skin).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The idea is that whatever the 'walker virus' is, its blood-borne. You wouldn't necessarily contract HIV from spreading infected blood on your skin, even if you had some scratches somewhere on your body. If you got unlucky, you might. Some viruses are more virulent than others. The walker 'virus' or whatever the helltoad it is, may require a nice deep skin break or puncture to take hold. Like a bite, or a poke from an infected arrow. There's no real inconsistency here. Blood borne diseases often do not transmit from skin contact alone. And depending on the virulence, they could even come into contact with a small scratch and not transmit.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Carol and Zeke come across this feller in the woods and Zeke even asks what befell this creature- which is seemingly meant to highlight that it's not your typical walker. At this point, they've all seen a lot of them, so why else comment?
    [​IMG]
    Then all the Kingdommers are gunned down outside the chemical plant. The CHEMICAL plant.
    [​IMG]
    As Carol, Zeke and Jerry make their escape, they come across a toxic waste site, complete with a drainage pipe we can assume comes from the chem plant. (note that this now appears behind Seth Gilliam's name in the opening credits)
    [​IMG]
    Along with these guys
    [​IMG]
    ...emerging from a swamp created by the chem plant drainage pipe that is filled with these
    [​IMG]
    Later when Negan tells Father Gabe that many of his people have gotten sick from smearing putrid walker guts simmered in the Virginia heat on themselves, Gabe replies that they're from Georgia. It was a joke but could also be taken as another hint that these local walkers are somehow different. Why else mention it?

Gabe then gets sick exactly like the locals Negan mentioned, doesn't die, doesn't turn, but gets better with antibiotics, which seems like a not so subtle hint that his sickness is novel from the average walker bite sickness. Otherwise, we'll have to believe the entire ZA could have been prevented with a Z-Pack.

Hope this doesn't come across as being sh*tty, I just feel like they've kinda laid it out for us. We'll never know exactly what caused the ZA virus to begin with, so not really expecting a clinical explanation on any mutation of it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is something that may very well turn out to be the case. There are enough clues for it to be a real possibility, I agree. Although the alternative is not that we have to believe that the ZA could be prevented with antibiotics, because a bite would transfer two things to people. The walker specific 'virus' that is 100% lethal and kills much faster than regular infections, as well as regular bacteria associated with corpses. So Gabriel, having had only superficial contact with the guts would have contracted the latter, but not the former as it is spread only through more invasive contact with your blood.

There is also something called Toxic Amblyopia that can be caused by toxic substances. It would usually cause vision to be worse in the center of the visual field, not the other way around, like Gabe's, but that doesn't really matter here. So its very possible that later at the Hilltop Siddiq will think of this, and it will cause the others to investigate this phenomenon. And maybe they didn't have Carson think of it because the writers wanted Siddiq to be a hero by bringing this to their attention.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Dude, did you miss my lack of expectation about clinical explanations, lol? :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Way to pay attention you dot connector!

This theory makes my head hurt......and I like that!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

Good eyes!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Al Davis is back

I am hoping its Tara. Her arc has played out, and she is as useless as tits on a nun.

14. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Thank you. This is a very logical explanation that I can get on board with.

I think that the plausible luck of not transmitting anything became all too frequent on the show (zombie blood contacting Rick's cuts in "Conquer" or Abraham's arm in "Them," among others). So much so that now the even more likely scenario of getting infected from gut covered melee weapons seems so unlikely to viewers (myself included).

There might not be an inconsistency, but it seems like the show kinda fumbled this whole thing of walker/wound contact for song long that now they have given off the illusion of inconsistency... If that makes sense haha

It's this exact reason why I wish Tomas didnt kill Tiny like he did. :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

They have to use bows or something like that, with arrows dunked in walker blood to make that work. And of course there is teh risk of friendly fire and such, so I'm not sure, that really is the best idea.