Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan's Promise

Discussion in 'Episode 909 - Adaptation' started by Camilleyun, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

So we've had some discussion on Negan's interactions with Judith and his short lived journey into the outside world, but I haven't seen any comments on Negan promising to "not hurt anyone even if they try to hurt me" when he was trying to convince Judith to let him go over that wall.

What do you think? Was he just telling a child what she wanted to hear so he could escape? Do you believe that even one small part of him was being sincere?

Given that he threw on a leather jacket, picked up a pseudo Lucille, headed back to Sanctuary with that creepy ass whistle, I believe his intention was to see if he could pick up where he left off. But Negan does have his own "moral code" - although warped - that he seemed to live by and it's obvious he is very fond of Judith. Was this just a passing comment to manipulate a little girl, or do you you think he would honor it if Judith ever tries to hold him to it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think he started off insincere but after what he ended up experiencing, there is sincerity to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I don't feel Negan was being overtly deceptive when speaking with Judith. Many people say things sincerely believing them at the time but through failings in their character fail to live up to them in the end.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I don't trust him either way.

I find myself being drawn in by this reserved Negan, and I don't like it one bit!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure where his head is right now. I think we'll get that answer sooner rather than later.

6. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

He'll probably end up bashing someone's head in with that pipe just as Judith walks in seeing what happens a la "All Life is Precious" Morgan reuniting with Rick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I think he is the new Rick. Look for them to push him into that role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1