Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Never thought I'd cry over Merle

Discussion in 'Episode 315 - This Sorrowful Life' started by Zombie_Nerd98, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Zombie_Nerd98

Zombie_Nerd98 Member

Merle! Freakin' Merle of all people!? The racist, druggie redneck who everyone hated for so long? And I cried so bad! Maybe it was because he had redeemed himself a little bit, in some way, and no one will ever know it? Or it could be because no one (even him) deserves to die so cruelly. Maybe it was just that Daryl cried. (Great acting by the way.) I dunno. Did this happen to anybody else?

Either way, lets take a moment to remember Merle. He came into the apocalypse a badass with all ten fingers, and went out equally badass, even with only three of them left. We'll miss ya, stumpy.

That is all. -ZN98

2. Country

Country Member

I didn't cry but it was a sad moment, though...

3. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Yes, I cried. And I couldn't believe I was doing it either. I didn't even want to talk about the show the next day with friends.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

No I didn't cry but when I saw the spoiler pics of walker Merle it took a week to get over the shock & a little sadness..

I think that's why the finale fell short, Merle's death seemed to overshadow the finale..

5. Dkenneth

Dkenneth Member

I wasn't really sad because Merle died, I was sad because Daryl was crying. I didn't really care about Merle, although he was getting better and maybe he should've stayed a little longer.

6. Lt. Col. Cookie

I cried like a little baby!

7. Robovampire

Robovampire Member

He gets out of the show as he gets in:
    totaly high/drunk, shooting all around.
    I'd loved to have him a lil more in the show, i thought he was fun, almost everytime he was there, you could be sure that a nasty joke would come out of his mouth.

#7 Robovampire, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  8. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I'm crying now...not 'cause of Merle of course, but because of my poor-ass arithmetic skills. I needed an Abacus to do the "Merle finger math"...

9. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Just re-watched this and had the same reaction when it aired.

Darryl's discovery of Merle really gave the title of the show a meaning I hadn't expected. Deep sorrow for the loss of his brother after finally finding him again, his brother's sacrifice. A line from a poem I'd read some time ago ame to mind -- "when sorrow like sea billows roll"

So, yes, raise a glass to Merle. And to the writers -- this was one of the best episodes of S3.

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I didn't cry but it was a really sad scene. But I looked at my friend and he had a face like 'please shoot me'

11. zombitch

zombitch Member

LOL about the ten and three fingers ahahaha

12. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

I'm just glad Merle took some responsibility for some of the pain he caused - and took out several of the Gov.'s best (& not so best or smartest) people. At least he went out with a bang & shout. I just wish Daryl hadn't had to finish him off, but maybe that was for the best.

13. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

I hated Merle with a passion and was glad they killed him but I cried for Daryl when I saw his reaction!

14. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

"This Sorrowful Life" is my favorite episode of season 3. I've always been a big fan of Merle's one liners, he was the funniest and most ruthless guy on TWD. Every time Merle said something I LOL and Rooker delivered his lines like the excellent actor he is.
    R.I.P. MERLE DIXON.

15. Cvestergaard

Cvestergaard New Member

Merle was a douchebag without a doubt. I hated him so much but was actually glad to see him back on the show. The Daryl/Merle relationship was realistic and well played from both of the actors. I didn't want him to die, but at least his last actions was goodhearted (well, proberly not from the governors point of view).