Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New art

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by THESEVENSGUY, May 27, 2015.

1. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

The artists have been hard at work i wonder when we get to see some in game changes.

Attached Files:

2. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

3. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Cool, I love being able to explore...

They are adding new head models too, so we can pick different ones? which is great, perhaps they can add to that functionality by making random option, so we all look different...

4. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Timothy Lochner (Game and Tools Programmer) commented on More images of the new city
    /u/tloch14

an hour ago
    Story time.

Smed came to us one day and said "What would it look like if the whole 8kx8k map was entirely city?"

The answer was "I need more RAM on my machine." Obviously, we need to find some solutions to a few problems first, but #TheDreamIsReal.

Oh god I hope not.....

5. FightingPhantom

Oh God I hope so Mr Sevens... :D

. this game is so pathetically tiny and small.... THIS would be huge to getting thi game on the right track

6. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

expanded map and a new town yes. whole map a city and thats it no thanks

7. GamerzRus

GamerzRus New Member

I aboslutely love the aspect of a larger city!

8. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

I'm really hoping there's an entire new "region" and they start removing some of the roadblocks.

These "Cities" are missing so many basic infrastructures :

Banks (Vaults)
    Hospitals (Coming, I know)
    Military Armory/Outposts
    Municipal or Commercial Airports
    Docks/Piers (which if you head EAST would be awesome to add a coastline map + boats)
    How bout a Strip mine?
    Caves
    Entertainment facilities (Stadiums, parks, strip clubs - nothing sadder than an abandoned pole) :p

The possibilities are endless ... I hope they share the same vision.

9. search543

search543 Member

lol we should totally get an entire shipyard/docks, airport, military base and maybe a shopping mall

10. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

It's not so much that the map is tiny, it's just that there are very few points of interest (i.e. Pleasant and the Dam). Barely anyone goes anywhere else, since you get the best loot in those few key places. If they just expanded the loot options to include more areas it would make the map "seem" bigger.

11. FightingPhantom

If you HONESTLY think there's even a 1% chance they're going to replace the map with one that is ONLY a city... you gotta put down the crack pipe :rolleyes: :D

The dev has made a lot of dumb choices, but they're not THAT dumb!

12. FightingPhantom

The game is seriously lacking in these regards....

Schools, librarys, bus depots, railroads and train stations, Town halls, mayor officies, DMV,

so much potential! The map NEEDS to be bigger, but the current towns need more variety as well

13. Corizz

Corizz Member

a huge city like that would really be awesome if a game could handle that. lol

14. Corizz

Corizz Member

yeah, if you read verious dev twitter posts and if anyone happens to watch streams the dev's pop into, they always release little tidbits about what they are working on.

we know they are adding to the map and one of the dev's even said he's working on more house variations. He might have said for the interior though.

15. Kevy

Kevy Member

Love new areas

16. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Idk, i think the map is tiny, and tbh if it was any more built up/if there more points of interest, I think it would feel claustrophobic/ too dense. I heard this map is only a small part of what is intended to be released in the full version, so if this is <10% of the overall map size, then making a city that large would be cool. It only takes 10mins to run from one side of the map to the other, I dont know any cities small enough for me to do that irl.

17. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

I was picking up some chatter on the weekend that talked about new cities and map expansions. The hospital is supposed to be on the current map and new city on the expansion. it is rumoured that the expansion will possibly be in the 3 month range and that it may bring us from the current 8x8 map to a 16x8 then down the road 16x16. Hard to get anyone on the inside to talk about or confirm any of it, but of course there will need to upgrades to the engine to make map expansion possible and I am sure there will be a lot of test server time involved in it.

18. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Awesome! a couple of friends have stopped playing and i havent been on a lot of late, this might just be what brings them back :)

19. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Details of the train bridge.

Attached Files:

20. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

Missed one

Attached Files: