Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New Forum Software Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by HarleyQuinn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

BTW, thank you everyone for your patience with this, and for helping troubleshoot the issues with your details of what is happening and when. I really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

@HarleyQuinn has been working on fixing the ad problem. Are you all getting hit with the bad mobile ad still, or is that problem totally gone now?

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Right now the biggest thing that's happening for me is the screen will automatically jump down to the bottom or top of the page when I'm reading a post or a PM.

Sometimes it even does it when I'm typing a post. I CANNOT be interrupted with that when I'm typing out a really long post, which btw is the majority of my posts. Soooooo.... this is serious business. ;-)

4. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Everything is running smooth so far. No weird ads and presently no time out-errors. Hope it stays that way. Thanks, @Zedd and @HarleyQuinn .

5. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

That sounds very annoying. I'm sorry that you're having that issue, @Jama . Let me ask you, is it happening all the time or does it only happen when there is a video as playing? I was just wondering because PepperAnn was having a problem with a video ad scrolling the page up to where the ad was playing. Also, what browser and operating system are you using when this problem occurs? Thanks, Jama! We will look into the issue.

@NoMora Excellent! Thank you for letting us know, NoMora.

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the first part of your question but I will start paying more attention. As for my Browser... Chrome... Version: Jama is awesome. I'm kidding. Not sure what the version is per se, but it's the most current.

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

@Zedd
    Ugh it's happening on FF too now. Trying Explorer next. And it's almost always that chicken strip sandwich commercial for Whataburger but it's been others as well.

I have to speed read shit for fear it's going to snap me back up to the top again.................LIKE IT JUST DID AFTER I TYPED THAT.

And it just snapped me AGAIN. Jeez thi.....and again. Jeez this is annoying.

8. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for that info, @Jama . I've been trying to replicate that but haven't had the exact same issue yet. The closest thing I've had happen is what PepperAnn talked about, which may actually be the same issue.

Thank you for the update, @PepperAnn . I'm also still trying to replicate your issue. I've not had the problem with any burger commercial, but I did have something similar happen with a snickers commercial. We'll keep trying to pinpoint exactly what is causing this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PepperAnn

And I want that damn burger. Lol

10. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, sounds good!

11. PepperAnn

The upside is.....your advertisements are working well! Lololol

12. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL. Now if we just had a 3D printer, maybe we could print the burger and eat it!

13. PepperAnn

You just killed all my hopes and dreams.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

This has happened to me at another site, but not here. And only on Chrome, but not Chromium. One ad was about a video game, another was about a winery.

15. PepperAnn

So far Explorer seems to be the only one that will work. But I also thought that about Firefox until it stopped too. We shall see.

16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Do you guys use an ad blocker ?
    I use ad blocker plus, and I don't have issues with the forum.
    Granted, I don't get to read certain news articles, but it's worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

17. PepperAnn

Can't download that stuff at work. :(

18. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

I think sometimes an ad network will put in an ad that we don't want, or they'll set it up in a way that we don't want it set up (such as scrolling the browser to the ad). It may be that the other site was using a similar ad network or something.

Hopefully Explorer will fix it. The ads change a lot anyway, so hopefully the ones causing the problem will be out of rotation soon. I haven't had the problem occur today yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

As someone mentioned before, I'm having a huge issue with the page continuously reloading while I'm trying to type a reply.. VERY frustrating.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Here's my new, weird bug from this morning. My scrolling button on my mouse, as well as the scrolling arrows that show up on the right side of the page, keep suddenly not working. I have to grab the bar at the side of the page and manually move the page up and down. Then it will start working again, then just as suddenly stop working.

It's annoying.