Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New Game Mode for Next Modern Warfare? 'Snatch and Grab'

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by HORSE SIX ZERO, Feb 8, 2013.

1. HORSE SIX ZERO

Modern Warfare/Black Ops? Hmmm, what is missing to make this game really enticing?

I had always wanted to see what this company could do if they were given this type of game mode.

I call it ‘Snatch and Grab’

Snatch and Grab is loosely based off of Team Defender with a twist.

Now the objective of Team Defender is stated as:
    In Team Defender, each side fights for possession of a points-boosting flag, dropped by the first player to get taken out in the match.

The first player to grab the flag grants a 2x point bonus to their entire team.

Every kill scores 100 points, while the other team scores only 50 per kill.

If the player carrying the flag is downed, the flag drops and is up for grabs.

The first team to secure 7500 points or end the match with the highest point value wins.

GAME MODE:
    SNATCH AND GRAB (S&G)

Objective-
    Each sides fights to protect their ‘Package’ (I’ll use the abbreviation PKG) identified by the other team as their “High Value Target” aka HVT and must extract him from the playing field, depending on the map using air or ground transportation. This would be a first in the Modern Warfare series.

HOW THE GAME MODE WORKS

Think…Team Defender…with a twist. Instead of 10 minutes, you’d have 15 minutes et al Headquarters.

The first player to die, becomes the PKG. The team who is trying to extract the PKG gets 100 points per kill, while the team trying to gain the PKG as their hostage scores 50 points per kill.

If the PKG, becomes the hostage, the points are reversed.

The first team to score 7500 (10K in Ground War) or end the match with the highest point value wins.

Within S&G, the main objective is to ensure that the PKG is successfully moved to an Extraction Site (ES) from the playing field.
    You must score a certain amount of kills to obtain an extraction vehicle. The team would have to garner 1000 points
    You can use killstreaks to cover the PKG’s escape.

Oh and you can’t kill the PKG. If you do. Your team loses. The premise of the game is to extract him/her, not kill them.

First off though, we have to answer a few Q&As.

Question:
    Horse, what made you think of this mode and why?

Answer:
    I thought up S&G because I got tired of objective based games that really, to be honest, I got bored with. Search and Destroy? I just feel that it’s the slowest mode. How fun is it, if you’re playing, and you get taken out. Say you’re the first player out, because of a lucky hand grenade or semtex, or the ever pissing you off Javelin okay? You’ve got to sit there with a thumb up your ass. Oh, how fun. Then you’ve got wait until the next round? No, that makes zero sense man. I never liked SnD and refused to play it because of its moronic playstyle.

I’ve done a study on game modes. Looking at the numbers across the board of who was playing what. The highest number for games has always been Team Deathmatch in the CORE mode.

BUT! The hottest OBG I saw were SnD and Domination. (Kill Confirmed is not…I say again…NOT and OBG. It’s TDM on Steroids.)
    One game, you don’t have the chance to respawn and the other, if you don’t play it right, you’re gonna get spawn trapped and one of two things, be smart and back out, or just be a stat enhancer.

So I said, well, what about both teams, going after each other the same way as they do for Team Defender? You can kill monger in TD, you can, but what if your buddy gets captured by the other team? Well, no man left behind right? It’s your team’s job to GET THE OTHER TEAMS HVT/PKG and get them out of there.

Question:
    Horse? Who will be the opposing factions in S & G?

Answer:
    It all depends on the map really.
    Each COD game has a very unique set of factions per the campaign that are used in the multiplayer. So based on what the designers want to use, You could have TF141 go up against The Ultranationalists, or from Black Ops 2, you could the Strategic Defense Coalition go up against the Panamanian Defense Forces (PDF)…it’s up to the designers really?

Question:“Horse? Will it show up on the enemies Heads Up Display (HUD) in the CORE mode of gaming? What about Hardcore, how will a team know where the extraction site will be?”

Answer:
    In Core, the team with the PKG will have the extraction sites (ES) identified on their HUD. The other team will not see these though. The only way they’d be able to see the ES would be to have a UAV/AUAV up.

The player with the highest kill count (appointed Team Leader aka TL ) will, when enough Extraction Points are made, will be able to choose what type of Extraction Mode (EM) and what EP would be best.
    This has to be a split-second made decision as well (see below) to make the call as to where and what type of vehicle will extract the PKG.

If ground is called in, a three vehicle convoy will roll in, if air, a three air flight, if water, the same, it will all be in threes.

The TL then will then also identify what vehicle the PKG will be put in. EXCEPT for AIR, as the EV is usually a Pavelow, Chinook, or Blackhawk (American), MI-8 & 24 or Ka-60 (Non-American Forces) with attack helicopters providing cover.

Like all killstreaks in Call of Duty, the TL will receive kills for his kill count but not towards his killstreak count.
    Important note-Think Care Package killstreak reward kills.

The most important thing to remember here is this: YOUR EXTRACTION VEHICLES CAN BE DESTROYED!

If say your EV is destroyed, the only one that would have problems is your air assets, but, do they? If your team has their killstreaks and say, you call in extraction, but, remember, if it’s an airborne asset, you’ll have too much airspace clogged up and will have to wait. Or, if you use say, Ground, and you ‘ve got an air asset and you decide to save up your killstreaks, and use Predators, Reapers, and other means until EVs are called in, then so by means call them in. The most dangerous to call in is air. But do you take the risk and win the game in flash and style or does your PKG get swept off in a ground or waterborne asset?

Question:“Horse, what if the lead or rear security vehicle is destroyed? What about the vehicle with the PKG in it?”

Answer:
    That’s the cool thing about the extraction, we already know that air is the Cadillac rescue okay? Water? It will most likely be a SWCC boat. Ground, we’ll use the a Stryker APC. For the opposition, it will be the Soviet uh, excuse me…Russian, PMC, Militia, etc equivalent.

Remember as stated before, you kill the PKG, your team loses. If the vehicle targeted has the PKG inside, it will be a RICOCHET effect on the shooter(s). This will keep trolling down to nil. If someone intentionally targets the vehicle the PKG is getting placed into, they fire on it, they die and are kicked out of the lobby. Next thing you know, now your team is down one man. It would behoove you to be a team player this mode. As I’ve said earlier, the team who has the PKG, it is the objective to get that PKG out of the kill zone.

I'm sure you'd have more questions and such. Please ask away, I think this would be a really fun style of OB gameplay.

2. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

To long, couldn't be bothered to read and couldn't give two shits.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

you didnt miss anything...its team defender anyway.

4. deebo

deebo Member

I think a few more acronyms would really help me make more sense of it. Would suit more towards a competitive cod player than most of us pubs. I had fun making one run into masters on black ops 2 but that was enough of that for me.

5. juju131313

juju131313 Member

I have a question. Should'nt this be in the MW4 section?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSchisster

TheSchisster Member

Wonder why he got banned? Actually I don't he's been a tool every where I've ever seen him

7. juju131313

juju131313 Member

I'm fairly sure he got banned due to his overly abrasive personality and tried to insult the wrong person. As long as I've known him he's never seemed to have any limits.