Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New H1Z1 Details Emerge After 12 Hour Livestream Event

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by The Professor, May 1, 2014.

1. The Professor

The Professor Administrator

Sony Online Entertainment yesterday hosted a 12 hour H1Z1 livestream event, during which a new trailer was released, gameplay elements shown off, and "of course, zombies" were shown.

In an interview with Sony's Tony Jones, referred to as the "Director of Zombie Relations," Jones went into some of the lore the dev team has built into the upcoming MMO.

"I discovered it, more than I wrote it," Jones said half-jokingly. "There's a lot of history behind H1Z1 and our research is still pulling together a lot of facts"

"We've done a lot of research on an island called Poveglia," he continued. "I would not want to go there. You couldn't pay me enough to go there. The real-life island, located off the coast of Venice, was once a quarantine station for plague victims. This factors into the lore of the game. H1Z1 started there."

Sony Online Entertainment's Stephanie Thoensen explained some of H1Z1's features.

"H1Z1 will include a destructible world on a massive scale that players can alter by crafting new structures while destroying others," she said. This will affect not only players' "own experiences," but that of other players as well. Other details include a day/night cycle, a crafting system "that allows players to build anything from weapons to fortresses," and zombies programmed with unpredictable "emergent AI."

The game will be accessible "while still in development via Steam Early Access in the upcoming weeks," according to Sony.

[source]

2. Agent

Agent Member

The whole thing about including real life creepy places is such a great idea, I can see that being the plot to a good horror film.

Looking foward to the lore of this game.

3. CHIEF H1Z1

CHIEF H1Z1 New Member

this game is going to be so sick. I can't wait..

4. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

Stream was very good and very informational.

5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf New Member

Flatlinerz, Roll Out!

6. tinfamous12

tinfamous12 New Member

I'm glad they did research to make the origin of H1Z1 relatable to real life.

7. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Islands? Does that mean we'll be able to use boats to navigate from island to island? I saw part of the livestream on Twitch and they were barricading some things inside a house. I wonder how many islands there will be and how big they are. I hadn't even considered islands as being part of the game before.

8. jhigh

jhigh New Member

I really like the idea of having real-world places in the game. For starters, it makes it more realistic, and I also think that if people know that the area they're walking around in is based on a real-life area, the game becomes a lot more immersive. I've always liked game maps based on the real world, in all the games I've played, so seeing it in H1Z1 as well is exciting for me.

9. Ryguy2016

Ryguy2016 New Member

It sounds great! I love dynamic Day/Night cycles. They should also add changing weather patterns. That would be really impressive.

10. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

That stream was really something, I'm really looking forward to playing the game with all these features.

The unpredictable zombies seem like something interesting, but I'm a bit scared that it will become really hard. Which is a good thing of course, but by the sound of it these zombies could be pretty darn powerful.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

Whoa! Now we're talking. I think it's great that they're trying to integrate real places in the game since it will attract more attention to the game and possible create a cult following (kind of like in Harry Potter where in people think there's an actual platform 9 3/4)

12. mark973

mark973 Member

The dynamic night/day cycles sound interesting. I also wanna see how the building system is gonna work. I'm really looking forward to trying this game out myself.

13. theninjawoohoo

theninjawoohoo New Member

Just one question. Will there be any items or pay to win features in the game? I mean I don't have anything against it but there must be a balance if that were to happen. I love the idea of zombies having different or varying strengths.

14. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

A fully destructible system with some intriguing crafting you say? Count me in! From what I have seen and heard so far, it sounds like a mix of DayZ and Rust, but being an amazing developer Sony Online Entertainment is, I reckon they have a lot of unique things to offer to us. Only tie will tell how good the lore is going to be and if there are going to be any missions in this game. I hope that we are provided with some sort of purpose instead of just roaming around trying to avoid zombies and all.

15. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

They promised that there won't be any items that give advantage to the players, only cosmetics and vanities.

16. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Nah, SOE doesn't do Pay to Win in their games. I play Planetside 2 and I spent my money on cosmetics on that game. IIRC, they mentioned emote packs and character slots. Hopefully, they include a server transfer as something to buy with Station Cash. They refuse to do that with Planetside for some reason.