Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer New Personalization Packs Coming

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Mr.TonyStark, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

This is very, very surprising

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

I guess these stupid Personalization Packs are the future of CoD's quick buck tactics. Both onseason and offseason, so you're being charged while you're being charged.

Actual content (maps and such) will be new ground, but screw these aesthetics.

3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Well yea he's fine with it becuase I'm assuming he a them for free. So why not? I'm sure he's promoting this for Treyacrh and Activision.

They should fix the older CoDs and like PSIII said, add actual content to the games. Bring back old maps from previous games etc., that would help re-kindle the older CoD fan base instead of creating stupid gimmicks to pick up new consumers.

4. musky

musky Active Member

stupid anything to keep dollers rolling in,since activison has screwed up and allowed slegehammer to make a c.od game that merans 2 years before a bo game so tryarck give us another zombie map pack not stupid camos.

5. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

If there are still enough people playing CoD:BO2, why wouldn't Treyarch dangle a a few new carrots in front of them? Treyarch still has to keep the money rolling in somehow, until they get to release their next CoD game in 2015...

6. Mr.TonyStark

It's just surprising because I'm pretty sure it's the first time they've ever released any kinda DLC for an older COD. But I really don't get the problem with them, they're just something for fun and if you don't like them don't buy them...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

You're right, it is the first time new DLC has been offered for an older CoD game. It's also the first time the CoD series, has had 3 developers having a 3 year development period. Times are changing...

8. Mr.TonyStark

Haha yeah that's the only reason they're doing. I dunno I've been playing Black Ops II a lot lately and I'm having way more fun than in Ghosts.

9. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

No, it's there's more to it than simply not buying them if you don't like them. These aren't F2P or cheap games. They are full-priced titles which cost 60 to 150+ dollars to own. Yet people are expected to still hand over extra for simple skin swaps (I've made a couple custom camos in the past for MW2, all it is you do is essentially apply a design to a flat sheet and it wraps to the gun). It's a absurd that they even charge people who get season passes and whatnot for them as well.

If they want to do good, then release them for free. It's an "old" CoD. You'll get players again just fine. Then work on some actual content, or more importantly, the next game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr.TonyStark

Eh I still don't see the big deal. But I do think the season pass holders should get them for free, or at least get to pick one from the four at a time they usually release.

11. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I'm a very visual person that gets easily impressed by shiny things. The older dlc camos are half off on steam and thats alright with me. Considering so many of us have said "Oh, COD4 is my favorite and I still play it". Well, thus far BO2 is my favorite and whats a measely couple of bucks to zest your favorite cod game that you'll be playing for a long time from now? Don't get me wrong. More maps would be ideal, but I just don't see that happening. Let's be realistic.