Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

NFL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mikey, Jul 5, 2013.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well, we won't get to see a Packers/Bills bowl but it was fun to dream.
    The season is over for us now but we haven't gotten this far in a very long time. It was great. KC defense was phenomenal. Josh couldn't throw it anywhere. That was some little testosterone brawl there in the forth quarter. Josh needs to mature a bit more but he'll do it. Mahomes is no doubt chomping at the bit for another go at Brady. They both have something to prove. Should be a good game.

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

No. I'm still confused. Please explain it again, but try to be even more snarky with your response this time. Lol

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I saw where Tom Brady and the Buccaneers are going to the Super Bowl. I'm really happy about Brady. I don't care what the Patriots' reason was, turning him out to pasture after so many good years was low class. I hope he wins the trophy and rubs it in their faces.

#1683 Morgotha, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well, that was some game! Say what you will about Brady but the man is a football god. It was like a Jedi master showing a
    padawan how it’s done, and Mahomes is no slouch. Not to take anything away from the rest of the team, I mean there’s Gronk, lol. Good for the old men! It seems we’ll have to wait until they really retire before the young ones can move up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What surprised me was how bad the KC offense was, as every time Mahomes got the ball it seemed like the Tampa defense was right on top of him and he had no time to do anything.

I'm glad they penalized Tampa for the unsportsman-like conduct of their player. They were already winning by a lot, there was no reason to rub it in the other man's face.

LOL, I was surprised to hear the sportscasters talk about the two quarterbacks and how they were a match on so many things. Brady was walking in to the game having been to the superbowl 9 times, winning 6 and with years of experience, whereas Mahomes had been there once in his 4 years of play. How is that a match? That's like a teacher competing with one of their students. Until his wind, arm, or eyesight gives out Brady is the best. AND he looks good doing it without sporting a cheesy mustache.

#1685 Morgotha, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Tampa was simply sitting back in a coverage that wasn't allowing KC to throw deep to their playmakers. While at the same time Mahomes wasn't able to sit back in the pocket because of the pressure he was getting. Better teams in the past have faced that same type of coverage and they would simply hand the ball off to their ALL-Pro running back and they would run the defense out of that coverage. KC doesn't have a very good running game so Tampa was able to afford to just sit back in that coverage all night long and there was really nothing KC could do about it because of a lack of a running game. Most teams this year going up against KC either didn't have the ability in the secondary to take away their receivers or they didn't have the ability in the D-line to put that kind of pressure on Mahomes. KC was missing their two starting tackles so that was helping the situation for Tampa.