Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick and the Globe

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - We All Fall Down' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Did Willa already know the pills were in the globe? Or is Nick responsible for her finding them? ;)

2. Terranova

Terranova Member

My impression was that she didn't know before, and she saw from Nick, that the globe opens

3. Aztecia

Aztecia Member

Kinda weird that Nick found the pills so quickly... But I guess a junkie knows the tricks.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I guess a Junkie knows the tricks when the story requires it?

I thought at first that he was in an abandoned house there rummaging around and not that he was stealing from the people who gave him safe passage and food,what a strange scene.

None of this made sense to me really.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Junkies gonna junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. drifter77

drifter77 Member

A room full of random stuff, and the first random object he picks up happens to have a secret compartment? Nick is like a drug-sniffing dog.

7. trekcarbonboy

trekcarbonboy New Member

I guarantee if you ask 100 20yo junkies what Jonestown is, 99 have no idea. Fortunately for our story we got that 1 junkie.

8. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes, his love for drugs led him to:

1. Break the trust of some of the fellow survivors of the zombie apocalypse, who just took him in and fed him, etc.
    2. Attempt to steal from them.
    3. Reveal the location of poison to a child, who...
    4. Subsequently died as a result..
    5. Turned into a zombie and killed her own mother

hope that haunts him

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I don't think he was stealing from them. He was suspicious about the "power pills ". He wanted to find out what they were.
    Nick seems to be the only one using his fried brain. And remember, he told his mom that he had clarity now

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I didn't really understand the "Power Pills" thing at all?

Are you saying the Death Pills were the same thing?
    If so why would the kid sound like he was taking them every day or did I misunderstand that too and the kid meant that if in trouble the pills would keep him safe forever?

What a strange tangent this episode went on,m=none of this made a lot of sense to me in any way it all just seemed kludged together and with little way for us to comprehend things,I guess I am not cerebral enough for this one?

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

That the pills would save them, I think

12. Lupey

Lupey Member

Plus didn't the boy say something like "Willa took her pill"? I took it that they knew where they were.

13. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

The way I saw it, the whole family knew about the pills and the idea that at some point they'd all suicide together, obviously a disguised name was used for the children.

Nick, having built a bond with the boy, took it upon himself to have a look around. You could tell during the chat in the bedroom after the kid mentioned 'power pills' that Nick was suspicious

14. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

great question and a subject I wanted to start a thread on till I found this..

I think she only found the pills because she saw Nick with the globe open looking at them, which makes Nick indirectly responsible for her death and the death of her mother and father

Nick's character is quickly becoming a dark protagonist or one of the most unlikable ones of the group

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

What? Huh?.. How can u blame Nick for the death of Willa and her mom? I think George(DaD) had a little something to do with it.

16. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

his parents were teachers/education workers... so you know how that goes, those kids always know stuff the rest of us dont

#16 EvilDeadJ, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  17. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I wouldnt use the word "blame" I said indirectly responsible.. I think it can be assumed from the information we have, that those pills were to be used as a precautionary measure against turning, should zombies breach the perimeter/defenses of that ranger station/house..

I dont think the girl knew where the pills were before hand, she obviously didnt know what they were for .. her seeing Nick fidget with them is what prompted her to fish them out and eat one.. otherwise she would have done it a whole lot sooner had she known where those pills were ..

so in my estimation, Nick snooping for drugs like the addict he is, through the personal belongings of George in his personal study no less, *indirectly led to that little girl finding and swallowing the pills and dying from them

lets not forget the horrendous act of Nick stealing the morphine drip of a man seriously ill with heart malfunction, possibly costing the man his life or in the very least endangering the man (the opioids were being used to relieve pressure off the man's failing heart)

in my opinion.. Nick is turning out to be quite an unpleasant little pr*ck, which is probably why Strand likes him

#17 EvilDeadJ, Apr 19, 2016
  18. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

This is why the walking dead beats us over the head with a hammer to make some points.

Nick picked up on the something weird about the power pills and the "so the family can stay together" went searching (possible to get high)the boy appears to know the pills would put them to "Sleep". The mom had cancer ,she agreed with the family suicide when it would just be the kids , dad and dying mom and there was no one else in the world (to their perspective)The mom was interviewing Madison to see if she was fit and willing to take the younger kids. IF Willa had waited 10 more minutes they would have left together.

Now the plot hole was there are no suicide pills ,there are pills you can OD on but they don't make fatal pills. That was a pretty small bag of pills to OD , 2 kids 1 teen and 1 adult. There are not too many things that one pill would kill a small child that would also not get you high.

19. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

tons of stuff that can be put into capsules including potassium cyanide ( L-pills in ww2) can kill a person in minutes

I agree with you in that I think he thought the power pills might be something that could get him high.. possibly pain medication or something similar... an addict's thinking veers toward getting high and drugs, this affects their reasoning/cognitive skills, since their brain is telling them they need the drug to survive.

#19 EvilDeadJ, Apr 19, 2016
  20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Maybe Nick is indirectly responsible for Willa dying...right then and there.. but make no mistake, she was dead before Nick got there.

Any way you slice it the Dad is responsible for her death.