Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick And The Morphine

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I'm guessing the noise, inability to move quickly in a crisis, and dehydration could kill him on the road.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Those things can kill anyone on the road.

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It will only be more acute with someone suffering from withdrawal, the sweating and vomiting could kill you without easy access to clean water faster than it will for someone not suffering from withdrawal.

Like Max Brooks once said, it won't be the zombies that get you.

It's the drinking tainted water.

But that's not fun television.

4. Neuropyramidal

He has about the same chance of dying as anyone else.

5. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

They wouldn't have brought it in as a plot point unless it's going to severely keep screwing with the family.
    This is going to be a continuous problem until Nick dies.

6. Neuropyramidal

They brought it in as a plot device because it makes him an interesting character.

7. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I think it will be an issue for a bit yet, but eventually it will have to effectively be resolved by a lack of available opiates. Merle ran out of drugs, didn't he? Nick is already a fascinating character, and it'll be interesting to see how he is changed by sobriety and living in a ZA. If he lives that long, of course- which I believe he will.

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Maddie is now mad at Travis because she blames him for Nick being taken away, because of Liza...So Maddie slams the door and hits the booze, Travis goes up on the roof and cries....of course it's never Nick's fault.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't believe Maddie is mad at Travis, nor does she blame him. She blames Liza, and with fairly good reason. At the core it may have been Nick's own fault, but people don't always blame who is really at fault. All she sees is her son being taken because Liza snitched to the doctor.

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's the point, these addicts CAN'T get themselves straight, or they would do so. I think he's doing an excellent job in is role... unless it comes out he's a drug addict IRL, of course.

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

She openly blames Liza, but in her heart she blames Travis for bringing Liza in to her house in the first place. Since she cares about Travis and not Liza, in this situation I bet she'd direct more of her hurt and anger towards Travis who she loves and feels betrayed by than towards the absent Liza who she feels is just being a b!tch and going after her family because that's what b!tches do.

LOL, now if Liza comes BACK tomorrow morning, there's going to be a serious fight!

12. BatmansHooker

I'm down for the Liza/Madison bitch off.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Makes me think we might have more deaths than some of us anticipated by the time 106 is over. I don't see Liza being welcomed back by Madison unless she does something to get Nick out of the military hospital camp.

14. BatmansHooker

I think Liza will help Nick, actually. She knows it's at least somewhat her fault that he's being taken there, and I believe this guilt was quite a big influence in her decision to go along. She has good intentions, but her actions are misguided.

Madison's definitely going to hold it against her, though. I think even if Liza does help Nick escape (and survives herself), Madison will still resent her. A combination of being a fiercely protective mother, and a hint of jealousy over Travis aren't going to allow her to let this go easily.

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Agreed.. But Maddie is completely blinded from reality.. Liza was trying to help Nick by telling the manipulative govt Dr about Nick.. The kid was mainlining morphine, this is what comes with the junkie life,,and Maddie needs to understand that.. But, more importantly, when the F are we gonna see a Walker..????

16. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Exactly. An addict only cares about their next fix and how to get it. Everything, including the end of the world, is just another excuse to keep using, not stop.

17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Heh, I'm not knocking the actor mind you, and this might be a totally realistic portrayal of an addict, It's still pretty hard to tolerate.
    I reckon a few months down the track, if he didn't have his act straight, you'd be like screw this guy, he's gonna get us killed with this shit.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

And speaking from experience it seems like a pretty decent excuse too!

#58 EZD, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  19. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

If you think a realistic portrayal of an addict is hard to tolerate, you should try the real thing - but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    And yeah I agree, people are like screw this, but it's different when it's your child/sibling/parent. You knew the person before the disease. As far as the show goes, I do hope they do something with Nick's character beside make him an addict.

20. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Here's the thing about Nick. When he wakes up from his fix at the church, he fully expects to find Gloria right there with him. But she died, probably from an OD, but Z-Glo doesn't attack the drugged Nick ...instead looking for live meat.

Hidden story.