Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick And The Morphine

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

And Merle was constantly keeping an eye out for meth.

Nick may detox just fine, but they've made sure to set him up as "the junkie", a smart kid but that's his defining character trait.

Could see that he moves on from his addiction, only to relapse several times if and when they come across opiates.

He's this show's Bob and Merle, it will define his character.

We'll see how far they want to take it and how many people Nick leads to their death because of it.

2. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I'm going to have to just disagree with you on that. Merle and Bob were both addicts, but I wouldn't call addiction either man's defining character trait. Only four episodes in, I won't pretend to know their endgame with any of of these new characters. That said, I do think they have more in mind for Nick than him being an unreliable albatross around his group's collective neck.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Well it seems our boy Nick is gonna be in for a rude awakening in the next episode. Who knows what the military is doing with survivors? For all we know they are experimenting on them, but whatever it is Nick is going to witness it and hopefully it will set him straight.

On a scale of young Carl throwing a rock at a walker to Beth singing, I am in the middle when it comes to Nick. His actions this last episode really pissed me off, and I was glad his mother slapped him around some.

4. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

They'll have to. An addict just wouldn't last the distance in this sort of situation.

5. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Hah, Nick actually does my head in more than Beth's singing. She took a few episodes for me to realise how annoying she was. Nick has been a ballbag right from the start.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Nick is already pretty aware of his own problems and as much as says so early on in our meeting him.
    I agree that you would hope that something this huge might change things with him but..........
    If this were enough to "Set him Straight" as you put it then Heroin addiction would not be that big an issue in the world Today in real life or on FTWD.

It is not as simple as that which is why Nicks character is so compelling to me overall in the first place.
    Like he told his Sister in the Hospital,He always Means it.

This is Reality,Reason has little to do with it sadly.

7. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

What are you trying to say here? Seriously, your post has made me genuinely curious since the first time I read it.
    Can you 'splain some more, por favor? : )

8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I like Nick because he is the only one that makes anything happen in the show and he will change the most. His deviousness and con man skills will come into play though his character probably not be likeable. There are some mild illusions to Maddie possibly having an alcohol addiction and she lies very fluently as well. At some point I could see them doing some tag team lying.

9. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

A drugged / semi-comatose is not 'as' alive ...fresh meat. A level of protection.

10. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

Nick needs dose of Narcan

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that, in my mind, Glo maybe woke up sick and stumbled out and passed out and died elsewhere so Nick was spared. Of course, maybe Nick's smell camouflaged him, as I bet he wasn't too fresh smelling and not moving either.

12. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Could be when she became zombified the other drug addicts in the den made noise and alerted Glo towards them instead of Nick.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I wonder, when someone is killed by a walker and then when the walker begins to feast on him, he turns. What would the walker do? Will he stop eating because he somehow knows he is eating his own kind?

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I was thinking this as well. All the others had to do was cough and she'd target them instead of sleeping Nick.

15. zombiemom62

At Grady they said if they hurried and dumped fresh bodies, they would eat it before in cooled off. What's the fastest Jenner said someone turned? Maybe the virus likes a lower temp to reanimate and the walkers only like warm meat, so they wouldn't be snacking on anyone when they turned because they'd already be too cold?

16. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Jenner said they clocked it from 20 minutes up to 8 hours. Depends on the person and/or the severity of the bite (if thats how they died) i guess.

17. zombiemom62

maybe the little ones cool off faster, and turn quicker, lol.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think that is what they want us to believe, although with some walkers waking up almost immediately after death, it is a bit of a stretch. I think it would actually be a cool sight gag to see a walker eating someone, and have the victim wake up as a walker while still being eaten.

It actually came very close to happening already. When Patrick was in the jail cell eating Greg Crews' guts, he heard a noise from outside that caused him to get up and walk out. Only seconds later, Greg woke up. It seems that if it hadn't been for the distraction, Patrick would have still been eating his guts when he woke up as a walker.

19. zombiemom62

maybe some walkers prefer a hot pink center instead of the less choosy, cool congealed one. It's so hard to get your meals served hot sometimes.

20. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

It was three minutes to eight hours, but then Shane was almost instantaneous... Damn, who knew zombies were such picky eaters? The part that always trips me out when I think about it- where does all that meat go? I mean, do zombies poop? That would require a working digestive system. Or maybe they'd just get progressively fatter as they found meals, but that doesn't seem to happen either. Zombies defy physics as well as biology.

#80 Tara La Reine, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015