Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nick

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Grotesque' started by mcclane, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Awwww now that one just made me sad for ol Rexie. :p

3. PepperAnn

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

It's all perspective, I can't help but think it doesn't matter if his arms are that short because that must mean that other things must reach his chin, lol.

#24 zombiemom62, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  5. PepperAnn

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Despite being an addict, he has some pretty impressive survival skills. Well, maybe eating the cactus wasn't the wisest, but he knew it had moisture. And drinking your own urine is a known last ditch attempt at hydration. He has a drive to survive, no matter what, which is the kind of hardship that's been lacking for the first season and a half I'd say.

Plus he's Tom Riddle, dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dinosaurs lived with people, a few thousand years ago, and fossils are the christian god's way of testing us. Now stop making fun of it, because retarded.

8. PepperAnn

This right here is another thing that intrigues the hell out of me when it comes to Nick. This is a dude that has been basically trying to kill himself with drugs for how long? And yet, he has the most drive and puts forth the most skills in order to survive.

That's why I love the line he delivered last night so much.

"you should be dead"

"shoulda woulda coulda....story of my life"

9. Uh Clem

Uh Clem New Member

Nick the Addict has no attractive features to me. Kim Dickens tried to build up his character in one speech during TALKING, saying Nick was this beautiful soul and all I could think, "Who?!! What? WHEN?!!" No. Sitting on the couch, watching a drug addict who cares nothing for his own future - THAT is the quality he's displaying in abundance. They're not writing anything to make me care for him, so I don't.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I've never been so sleepy.

11. PepperAnn

Is there anything about the show that you liked?

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I actively disliked Nick throughout the prior Season -- a selfish, narcissistic drug addict who steals morphine from a man with a heart attack, loots drugs from everywhere he goes and then abandons his family to wander with the Dead. Agree with you. I don't see this "beautiful soul." I see a manipulative, clever drug addict with better survival skills than you would expect.

That said, this episode made me wonder: Nick is clean now from absence of drug availability (I think). He's been treated like a child, for understandable reasons, by his overprotective mother who has spent many years trying to save him from himself, even though (trustworthiness aside), he's recently shown some real ingenuity and can pull off whatever Strand (a pretty strong man) asks him to. Was this episode Nick finally trying to grow into being a man? That's why he abandoned his family -- because with his overly strong, overly protective mother hovering, how could he ever grow into a man, no matter what he did? I don't know -- just a thought.

My other thought was that this should have been entitled either "Backpacking through the ZA" or "ZA Walkabout". I guess I'm just sadistic or something but I laughed when the women beat him up with broomstick or whatever the big stick was that they had when he was squatting in their house-- typical Nick narcissism, not even having knocked on the door to try to figure out if anyone inhabited the house. I almost laughed at the convenient appearance of the dogs after the cactus fiasco, too, but that was just bad luck. And, at the same time, I felt his pain as he was rapidly being taught the lessons of overconfidence.

The scene where the guys in the jeep started shooting at the crowd of walkers started perfectly -- what else would you expect to happen from walking, blood covered, with a crowd of walkers? It made a great point about the risk. (Could have happened to Michonne too - just she never encountered humans while traipsing with the dead). The guy in front of the jeep dropping his gun and bullets and then stupidly taking so long trying to retrieve them that he gets eaten, while the guy in the jeep, does nothing to help him, was really lame and kind of spoiled the scene. I'm surprised they couldn't have figured a better way to end a scene where Nick gets taught the hard way there are hazards to walking, blood-covered, with walkers ('err- "the infected").

Did not much like the ending -- like some big reveal that a lot of people still exist and group together. Why wouldn't they? There's cars, gas, guns and people all over the place.

13. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

IDK ...I think this Nick bottle ep showed him to be an ultimate ( but kind of lucky ) survivor by 'embracing the madness'. He's OK alone, with most groups of humans, and even among the dead. He knows when to RUN, and is escaping his personal demons by having to deal with these 'grotesque' ones .

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

No.

15. LadyGrimes

He likes bitching about it.

16. PepperAnn

On every single thread. Lol

17. LadyGrimes

Now that's dedication.

18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Because he drank his own piss and I have a deep respect for that.

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Ummm.... I'm detecting a hint of bias here. Would you perhaps say that about all drug addicts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. PepperAnn

This!!! I couldn't quite put my finger on it but this helped. It sounds more like he has an issue with Nick being a drug addict over anything else. Can drug addicts not have beautiful souls? There is a person in there. And unless I have missed something, he's not on drugs anymore.

Yes it was not by choice, but he seems to be embracing this new state of mind he's been forced into and trying to find a new path in order to understand and survive this crazy new world. He could have just said f*ck it I don't want to live in a world without my drugs and just ended things...but he hasn't. He's showing a will and a fight to survive.

Thats admirable in this situation from someone who's NOT a drug addict, and even more so with someone who IS one.