Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Ones Gone - so lets talk live

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - No One's Gone' started by Sharpie61, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

So they're not going to talk about how Charlie murdered Nick?

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Wow... I assumed Madison was gone but wanted to be wrong... this show is so damn good!

3. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

except for the constant confusing flashbacks, this season so far was MUCH better than Season 8 of Walking Dead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rapscallion

I hated this episode.

I hated the constant commercial breaks. Hated TWD clichés (the flashbacks, no ammo when backed against the wall, talking to your opponent instead of killing them, characters reuniting despite the odds, the slow motion montages).

I hated that Al met Madison, and much later, her children and Victor, but didn't bother to get their names and descriptions in case she did run into them down the road, some reporter. :rolleyes:

I hate that Charlie didn't get killed, either by Alicia or a walker. I like the idea of her being a stone cold killer, unlike Lizzie, who was just crazy.

Most of all, I hate that Madison is dead. She was a true leader, a better leader than Rick in some ways.

FTWD is now the Morgan show.

I'll give this episode a 4.

#44 Rapscallion, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Ok, well so much for an amazing payoff.

For 8 episodes I kept saying "This is all building towards some thing big."

So much for that.

I'm less upset that Madison is dead than I that Charlie is still alive. So they are now going to let this kid tag along with them?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rapscallion

I don't like that Charlie is alive either, especially when Nick did everything he could to help her and make life at the baseball stadium easier for her.

Hell, you can make the argument that Madison died because Charlie pleaded with Nick and Alicia to find an injured Mel and bring him back to the baseball stadium.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Could also say Madison is dead because Alecia and Nick sat in the car doing nothing.

The fact that she died in order to save her kids just makes their decision to sit in the parking lot even dumber. I mean we all thought it was stupid at the time. It's even worse now that we know that decision is what cost Madison her life.

It's just shitty writing and they tried to mask it with the constant use of time jumps to make the story seem more clever than it was.

Wow, I really am disappointed in this show. I had such high expectations coming into this season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Yes, plenty of blame to go around on Madison's death:

. Madison for taking Charlie back after she betrayed the group
    . Madison for taking pity on an injured Mel and bringing him back to the baseball stadium*
    . Charlie for pleading to Nick and Alicia to find an injured Mel
    . Nick and Alicia for leaving to find Mel, then just sitting in their car out in the parking lot
    . Cole and the rest of the group for attempting to flee the stadium, which meant Madison had to deal with the herd alone

*Madison wised up later and threw Mel out, she should have let Charlie go with him.

I didn't follow FTWD, I know a little about S3. I was enjoying most of S4 until tonight. :mad:

#48 Rapscallion, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I wonder how different the story of this season would be if Frank didn't decided to leave

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

My guess is they would have still killed Madison. If anything you'd think his departure would have made them less likely to kill her off because it's a real shock to the system for the show with two big deaths in the first half. Morgan would have taken on a mentoring type of role with Nick, but otherwise we probably would have seen a similar arc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1