Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Pro 7!

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by WhiteAsh, May 16, 2014.

1. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

John Smedley confirmed it not a while ago on twitch, SOE will not be using Pro 7 services for H1Z1. As a European player, I think that this is fantastic news. For those of you who don't know Pro 7 is company that menages some of SOE games in Europe like Planetside 2 ( they are also a TV channel of all things ) and the quality of their services leaves a lot to be desired to put it mildly. Rejoice!

2. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I think you need to elaborate some more on this, I have acutally never heard of that company, and googling only gives me some german TV-channel site, and nothing more.

What exactly is Pro 7, and what would they have done if Pro 7 was used? I don't understand anything, but if you say that it's good news, I guess it's good news. Yeey!

3. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

Pro 7 is a big media company operating mostly in the TV space but for some reason they are also a European distributor and publisher of some free to play games, like Gunz 2, DC Universe online and also Everquest 2 and Planetside 2 from SOE. Basically, they run the servers, log ins, payments and such for the European players, the problem is the quality of their services is usually inferior to what SOE provides. SOE will not be using them with H1Z1 so European players will not have to deal with their incompetence and that is a win.

4. Agent

Agent Member

For the people that are dismissing this as something irrelevant, you're wrong! This tells us a lot about the process that they're using to produce h1z1, this means that they're looking into complaints from previous games and taking notes.

Great news and thanks for the info!

5. mark973

mark973 Member

Well I didn't know what that was before today but it seems like good news from what Iv'e seen. Thanks for the info.