Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Redemption for Gabriel

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by Rapscallion, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

We can only speculate as to why Gabriel left Alexandria in the middle of the night, but I'd prefer if he did it for selfish reasons. Gabriel thought he understood this new world, he contributed big when the herd invaded Alexandria, and when the group attacked the Saviors' outpost, but now that Rick's gearing up for war against Negan, Gabriel's true colors have shone through and he's looking out for himself like the time he locked the church doors and let his congregation be consumed by walkers.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That wouldn't really make any sense given his recent character development.

He did it either under some kind of duress, or as some desperate measure to help another group.

3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think he took it upon himself to connect with the group of people who were spying on him. I believe he was given a chance to meet this new group and offered food and supplies to make new friends. I think he will be redeemed when it is shown that he is helping expand Rick's army.

They can easily approach it this way. Everything they have given Negan. They will get back if they defeat him. So their low supply numbers will be replenished.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm almost certain his actions were to benefit alexandria (ie, to befriend another group)

Personally I think he took all the food as an offering to the other group to show them he is an ally.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

It can make sense; the battle with the herd and the attack on the Saviors' compound made Gabriel think he could deal with the bloodshed of this world, but the impending war—with his side low on numbers and weapons—made Gabriel realize he can't.

Gabriel did seem under duress. I can't say if he's seen or knows about another group.

6. Neuropyramidal

Absolutely. Either that, or he did it under threat from that group. I'm not 100 percent sure if he knew that person was in the back seat.

7. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

The Gabriel from the Church in S5 is gone.

He took the food and weapons because he was forced to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that he is helping out another group to make allies. If he is being forced to give away supplies, that means there is another enemy group the survivors have to deal with.

9. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Think he just Flocked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Little or no insight.

10. Vamp7

Vamp7 Member

I believe that he has redeemed himself, my guess is that he was forced. He would not leave without someone taking over watch for him...

11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

It was super weird how he left. He was behind the wall, not sure how he was forced, Something had to have happened.

12. kayteejay55

kayteejay55 New Member

I think he did it to help Rick and the others. Maybe he's even in the group that surrounded Rick at the end of the episode...I don't know, but I love TWD!

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

13. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

This guy gets it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

She's a girl...but yeah, she gets it. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1