Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No walkers at Terminus, why?

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by The Wolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out why there are no walkers wondering around Terminus with fresh human meat arriving daily?
    None of the fence gates are locked, their are no dead walker bodies anywhere, what's keeping them away and how are they doing it?
    Why aren't the Terminus snipers on the outside of the fence perimeters being attacked either?

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same especially with all the gun fire that looks like goes on there. Anywhere else and gun fire is like ringing the dinner bell. Maybe terminus is just too much competition for the walkers, or they live on the wrong side of the tracks.:)

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, we've only seen a total of maybe, what, 15 or 20 minutes of Terminus time? So, all we know is that for those 15 or 20 minutes, there haven't been many [or maybe any] walkers. Tomorrow there might be a horde of 275 of them. I guess any safe haven would have its slow and busy walker times.

4. RHINOWSO

RHINOWSO Member

My guess is because (1) the people there stay out of sight most of the time and (2) they pare down the ones they do find with roving patrols?

Or or maybe they found a way to repel them, or attract them to other locations (aka the traps the Governor had at Woodbury?)

5. HeadlessHershel

They probably have a boxcar full of walker repellant right next to the powdered milk.

6. The Wolf

Come on Dude, I'm trying to start a serious conversation about TWD, a television show about walking, rotting, stinking reanimated corpses.....LOL.....

7. MelissaJKelly

MelissaJKelly Member

That's true... but why were they confident enough to leave the gates unlocked in the first place?

8. The Wolf

So what's your answer to her post [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] ?

9. Springsheen

Springsheen Member

Erm, I made this thread first :p

10. Neuropyramidal

That is strange, unless they keep surveillance on the tracks, and when they see someone getting close, they unlock the gates at that point. It would be a smart way to get them to come inside the gates and into a trap on their own.

11. The Wolf

Very strange indeed, everywhere everyone on the show has gone there's been walkers all over the place, more now than ever.
    Every season their appears to be more and more of them, so why not at Terminus?

12. MelissaJKelly

MelissaJKelly Member

Good response. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out ;)

13. The Wolf

Sorry, I didn't know about your thread [MENTION=15892]Springsheen[/MENTION] Wolfie!!!!!!

14. Neuropyramidal

Well, not really. There's been lulls in the amount of walkers in other places. We've seen them stop at places like Joe and Joe Jr's, with no walkers around [except the one stuck inside], and other houses, and we've seen them walk long distances talking on the tracks without a walker in sight. So, its really not THAT unusual that we didn't see one in the short few minutes they've shown Terminus. But also, being a train depot, there may be another perimeter fence out even farther than just the close-up fences. They often have this at airports as well. But my guess is that we'll see walkers there in no time. ;)

15. The Wolf

I remember when Glen and Co arrived at Terminus their were no walkers then either.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we will learn that this is one of the secrets of Terminus very quickly.

I don't know how but I would not chastise too quickly the Headless ones suggestion about the boxcar full of walker repellant. I have a bad feeling it is something just like this that is the secret.

We have also seen that it does not take much to keep a walker outside a fence as long as it can not just be pushed over or walked around. They don't seem able to open even the most simple door if it is closed and latched in any way. In the prison they could merely slide a cell door shut and once someone had turned they could not escape even an unlocked but closed cell door.

I think it will be a huge revelation once we see it.

17. HeadlessHershel

I think you'll see some at Terminus in future episodes. They didn't have any in the finale because Rick and company might've escaped.

18. The Wolf

Do you remember in season 1 when Glen helped Rick escape from the tank and took him to the building, Glen and Rick climbed the fire escape ladder and the walkers tried climbing it too?

19. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

All they get from them is scraps. There is too much competition for the good meat, so they have moved to more fertile hunting grounds. That or they just don't discriminate here, and eat any meat they can no matter how fresh. A little soak in powdered milk, and dry walker meat becomes like pastrami.

Really, I still say the rows of tracks are just enough deterrent that walkers are rare.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yes for sure and they were much more aggressive in general and faster back then too.
    It has been argued here whether they are just "Aging" or "rotting" if you know what I mean or being written differently since the beginning and I could see either case being true but either way they are less outgoing than the first walkers we were shown.

All I do know is that it does not take a lot to keep them confined by almost any simple obstruction and we also know that they seem to mask the scent of humans to other walkers.

Curious creatures and strange pets for sure.