Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way Out, Complaints and Criticism!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Tyler, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Less than Herschel.

2. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Oh there is always more room for more. The cast is still huge and a bit cumbersome to get all the characters involved. They really should've killed off one or two characters in the stand to re-take Alexandria. It would've made it more believable and more a hard fought and desperate victory. It could be just Spencer and Rosita or whatever, minor characters but it would make the walkers seem more than a nuisance.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere else really, but I'd think Heath may have a shorter linespan on the tv series. The actor playing him Corey Hawkins, just had a very high profile breakout role as Dr. Dre in Straight Outta Compton. Also he has been cast as the LEAD in the new 24 revival. I can't imagine him wanting to stick around as a minor background character when he has so much ahead of him.

Well she did the same with her son. They were both too late to do anything.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The flashbacks that they had Rick seeing of Jessie were too much. He knew her for about 5 minutes.

The whole walk through the walkers scene was too drawn out. It wasn't enough that they cut it off at the midseason break but then they had to drag it out in the episode, completely ignoring the point where Sam said Mom in 608.

4. BlackDove

BlackDove New Member

I'm probably repeating what has already been said in this long thread!

My biggest complaint so far is how drawn out the events of about what? 2, maybe 3 days? have been.

Another complaint is how close everyone seems to be to each other. If Glenn can make it back to town on foot in a day, and Enid can make there too, and they can make it to the quarry on foot in a day, and they can drive from that somewhat big-ish town where Sasha and Abraham holed up for the night in a day, then......wouldn't Negan's gang already have found Alexandria? There are even road signs to it for goodness sakes. And they are making a ton of noise. The herd of walkers, the Wolves attack, that horn. They said in past episode sthey were going what? 15 20 miles out.

The timeline and the mileage don't add up in my head for events that we have to assume happen in one day.

I'm sort of tired of this being drawn out. That is almost an unrealistic amount of stiff to be going on at this point.

I'm also kind of over Glenn playing on God Mode. At this point if he does meet his end with a baseball bat, then it will be anti-climatic. If they kill Glen now, then they are ruining the fans chances of being properly shocked by it. By the time they do, we'll all be saying "finally" and that isn't the feeling I want to have about it.

I'm also tired of seeing magical escapes. Someone is showing up all the time this season at just the right moment to save the day when every one should have been completely screwed.

5. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

That is not true at all. He could have been just enraged with Jessie being killed.

6. SunnysBF

SunnysBF Member

My biggest complaint about this episode (and the whole series TBH) is the fact that the zombies are such a huge threat....Only when it is convenient. The 2 biggest examples in this episode are Rick's Party moving through the walkers and Denise and the Wolf.

At the end of the mid-season finale, Sam (annoying little kid) is heard saying "Mom...Mom." Then....nothing. Rick's party seems to have made it past that little issue without a zombie hearing them. Then later the little shit makes more noise and the zombies notice... But, the real question is why would they notice??? Did anyone ever notice that Zombies are making noise all the ****ing time??? Why do zombies know the difference between human noise and zombie noises? If they are covered in zombie guts, wouldn't they think they were zombies? Which BTW is another cop out. I get that it's fiction. But, they aren't even covered head to toe in zombie guts this time. They just haphazardly throw some zombie gut ponchos over themselves and walk outside. All in all, it was a silly scene, but i'm glad the little shit Sam is dead.

So, in the above scene. Zombies notice a zombie gut covered kid making a little noise and eat the shit out of him. Now what are we to make of the Denise wolf situation?? how long were they standing outside...making a bunch of noise without being noticed???

There simply is no consistency in the show with the zombies and when they attack it's merely out of convenience for the writers. The show has been extremely lazy in it's writing for some time now, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

7. radi0face

radi0face New Member

I agree. Given that the Wolves arc took up the majority of Season 6A, to have Carol just shoot him felt like a cop out and a lacklustre resolution. As much as I admire Carol's characterisation, I'm wondering whether her strategy of "everyone apart from me is an enemy" is beginning to feel a little irritating. It's almost as if Carol was in this episode solely for a reason to resolve the Wolves arc, and having her shoot the Wolf like that turned the whole scene and Carol's character into a bit of a self parody for me.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Good point. The off-hand manner of the Wolf's death makes me think of Boba Fett's death. And anything that reminds me of any Lucas product after Episode V is bad.

#88 westwingnut, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. BlackDove

BlackDove New Member

We do hear him daying Mom in the beginning in an echo sort of way. Michonne looks back. Jessie looks back. I agree though, I'm sort of tired of the episodes ending on some major feeling only to cop out.

Glenn crawling under that dumpster.
    The walkie talkie saying help and it's only Eugene.
    Sam saying Mom
    Even meeting Negan's guys. It felt like we were going to explore that and boom gone in a minute.

The writing of the show lately feels too tense. They keep ending on these tense moments, and then copping out.

I did like it ending on Carl in the bed, and people getting patched in the infirmary.

I'm really wishing we get a lityle along in the timeline next week. It has gotten ridiculous the amount of events that have been crammed in one or two days time.

All of that did not happen in a day. Just no.

10. Organ Donor

Organ Donor New Member

Glenn must have entered Infinite Ammo cheat

...when he showed up with Enid to help Maggie. Smart man.

I lost count after 13 or 14 rounds...Ill have to watch it again :zombies_lol:

The transition from day to night was too abrupt also...but whatever. Superb episode when comparing it to everything we've been fed over the past few years.

Huzzah for first post !

11. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

^All of this. The way they've messed with the internal logic of walkers makes any consistency impossible. I mean, why didn't Michonne (the expert at this completely believable tactic)suggest they take the two walkers they hacked up for guts and just remove their arms and jaws, put them on leashes and walk with complete assurance to the armory? Seems a lot more pleasant than covering themselves in gore.

12. IfDarylDiesRiot

Thanks

13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Imagine how many more walkers would be drawn to the quarry with that big of a fire and how would they put it out?

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Some handguns can actually hold like 18 or 20 rounds. He still may have gone over though. It was a lot of shots. An extended mag may hold up to like 25 rounds.

*disclaimer: I am not a firearms expert so my numbers may not be exact, but i'm pretty close

15. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well, it's not like Michonne had any chains available. And plus they did not have the time to capture a walker, cut off it's jaw and chain it up anyways.

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A quarry is just a big rock bowl. Why put it out at all?

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Have they lost the main writers or something? There some to be so many plot holes and stupid character choices that breaks their whole personality and the immersion crashes like a stock exchange in a crisis. All of this just to force the over the top narrative of the comic on the tv series.

18. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

I agree about the stale quality of their interactions and lack of chemistry - but only to the degree that it's a result of weak writing (in this case). Yes, some actors just don't have that spark together, and others do instantly before a word is uttered. Then there are those who spark more and more, after initially thinking there's no chemistry, because they're given great material on which to build a cool web.

The latter is Lennie/BcBride, yet to formulate this type of simmering dynamic requires strong material/writing to allow themselves to bounce off each other. Unfortunately these two gems (actors) aren't getting what they need get cookin' onscreen. So, despite the absence of instant (Michonne-on-the-fence) spark, these two are capable as collaborative actors, to make worthy, interesting adversaries. Again though, they'd have to be in the hands writers who can match their talent. Fact is, TWD doesn't have that tier of writing, e.g. "the chemists", to make these two light up onscreen. If they did, it would be great to watch.

Additionally, for our palette to be neutral, their interactions would have to be (hypothetically) re-started from scratch AND without Morgan's adversarial role written as "village idiot", but instead a complex individual for Carol to work against. Therefore, the entire blame for this enormous waste is with the writers, not casting.

#98 AnnieOakley, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  19. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

I agree with everything you said, but I just can't stop watching it. Maybe it's the car wreck phenomenon mixed with great actors that keeps me going, and many, many others, but nothing you said is incorrect. The Honest Trailer for TWD pretty much sums it up beautifully! haha

20. J K

J K Member

Might have been mentioned already but what was up with Maggie being in "danger"? Holy shit!!! Oh no the horror!!!! She's on that rickety platform, it's so unstable, OMG SHE"S GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!

Enid climbs up and leads her to safety on an adjacent catwalk two feet away, LMFAO really?!

I like the show and will continue viewing but it's to the point where I just watch and find ridiculous shit to make fun of haha.