Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way Out, Complaints and Criticism!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Tyler, Feb 9, 2016.

1. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

This was the best episode yet. My biggest complaint is that it wasn't 90 min!

2. EvieE

EvieE Member

I really enjoyed this episode, the only thing I would have maybe like to have seen was how Daryl took out the biker who took him behind the truck, but then again that might have killed the suspense. So...I guess no complaints.

3. JMac

JMac Member

Have to agree with the cat walk... I just shook my head, like oh... And Maggie is a survivor! There's been a whole lot of short cuts this season. I truly loved this episode... But I don't know if I loved it because I thot, thank god! Finally something happened, they got their mojo back after the first half which for me was one of the worst first halfs, so when I compare it to the other episodes of the season thus far this one of course is gonna be a gem! Or if I loved it cause it was a nod to the comic readers; I love when they play out scenes pulled right from the comics, or if just simply felt like the good ole suspense that the show once had.

I just really ally hope they keep their momentum. The lil shortcuts they have been taking all season are starting to add up quickly. It was day now it's night. There's a catwalk two feet from where Maggie is standing. Sam is talking and it's a cliff hanger but then doesn't matter... Something happens that seems important but doesn't really matter. The Morgan/Carol debacle seems to matter then it doesn't... Denise can talk all she wants around zombies... To me all this wouldn't matter to the broad spectrum of viewers, and a huge audience, but to its core fans it affects the most. That's what I think has happened this season. Instead of building a solid, good show directed at many die hard fans of the comics and not the comics but loyals, they turned network... I don't know. I don't even think that's right... So I guess I don't know what the problem is but there are a lot of shortcuts in the writing.

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

The way Daryl dealt with the bikers was a little too neat, Glenn surviving miraculously again (!!!) and nobody hurt during the final mass herd fight was unbelievable. I think we should have lost a few more there. But the non stop action was gripping to watch and I enjoyed it overall. Agree with your last paragraph, JMac.

5. ColorsVersatile

This show has the biggest trouble dealing with "villains", since the Governor.
    When a new "human" threat is coming up, it is teased to death (Terminus, Joe's band, the Wolves) and they make it seem like it is going to be so much trouble for Rick's group... and in the end, the "bad guys" are always killed off like a bunch of idiots.

Somebody did remark that the show made a threat out of the walkers only when it is convenient to do so. I feel the same with the "bad guys". We are several years into the apocalypse, survivors should be smart and resourceful, especially those living outside walls or on the road.

I think Hitchcock himself said something along those lines "The smartest the villain, the better the movie".

We NEED a great villain.
    Somebody who will not only be cruel, but tough, smart, cunning. To be honest, I am expecting a lot with Negan's arc.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I think, they would have adressed it after they were safe, if Sam would still be alive. But the whole point of their disguise was, to not give them away - the more you act like humans and not walkers, the more likely it is to get recognised. Therefore Sam and his mom get attacked, when they started to talk and scream. Ricks expression, when Sam said, that he wants to come with them (instead of going with Gabriel and Judith to the church) said a lot: I think, Rick would have wanted for Sam to stay behind at the church, but he didn't want to quarrel with Jessie and Sam (which would have attracked attention to them).

7. ColdWorld93

ColdWorld93 New Member

I don't know what is was, but for some reason I didn't enjoy that episode. Maybe I will have to re watch it :dead:
    Found it funny the way Glenn survived (again!), but looking forward to the introduction of Negan :Chainsaw:

8. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree with you...we need some more random things happening e.g. Tyreese's death was so unexpected at the time...Glenn's would have been brilliant by the dumpster for shock value but of course, he somehow "escaped". This episode was enthralling and enjoyable but the main things happened that we (comic readers) expected to happen.

9. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

It would be hard to see the fire in a deep quarry from any distance, but if it did draw some more, they'd just fall in and burn. Would that be so bad?

It would burn out when the fuel source was depleted, i.e., when the walkers all burned.