Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way Out- Re-Read Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 14: No Way Out' started by Tony Davis, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The rescuing Andrea, Carl being shot, and the whole herd scene should make some great TV

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

This whole arc will make for some absolute nonstop insanity. Probably two or three episodes worth at the very least. I will say though that they will have to make Carl's wound a bit less mahoosive. He can still lose the eye, (in fact, I think he needs to) but they can't really go quite as far with regards to the amount of his head was taken with it.

4. HondaS2kXD

Also, they NEED Morgan for that death speech. Epic.

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

well, Carl didn't kill Lizzie, so it would have to change A LOT

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

we also had the soap opera-like stuff of Rick-Jessie, Morgan-Michonne, and the Holly-Abraham-Rosita two-timing

7. HondaS2kXD

Yeah... But still, a lot of the "losing your childhood" stuff applies. And the "monster" discussion makes me think they will definitely have him go through the questioning-his-humanity phase. He doesn't necessarily have to see carl kill somebody to see that he's struggling with what he's had to do.

#7 HondaS2kXD, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

and he was 8 in the comics, and Chandler will probably be 16 , heh

9. HondaS2kXD

Yeah... That's true I guess. Oh well. Bring on the megaherd! Lol.

(remember what I said yesterday. Sometimes my ideas need a healthy dose of the backspace button. Lol)

#9 HondaS2kXD, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I loved the group killing the herd. I kind of think that scene is why Gabriel hasn't appeared much since though. He came full circle.

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It was just a very small circle...

Vol 14 was quite a ride, and I hope they cover most of this in the show. As I read, I can't help but wonder about the mystery woman who stabbed Eric.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldn't bet on that being connected to anything. It was just a one off event. It doesn't mesh with her story either and we have no reason to think she lied given how she delivered it.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Probably not, but I will reserve judgement until Aaron sees her. I did just see it as an incident for the sake of incident like Clara was in the TV show, but something so ominous about Negan's panel makes me feel like I missed something innocuous that should have been noted.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am very curious about a possible twist with Negan here. Those darn previews always trick us though so it's hard to tell. Keeping him alive was a great choice once we get past the omg I wanted revenge stage. I am patiently waiting for learning more about him like kirkman confirmed.

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I'm re reading this now and cringing at Morgan/Michonne, Rick/Jessie came out of ****ing nowhere whatsoever and she speaks like a baby girl, but the worst is Abraham/Holly/Rosita, (Abraham/Holly also came out of nowhere, suddenly she just called him honey?? and we know it was a thing) Kirkman soap opered these issues a lot, I hope they don't go there on the show, like none of these pairings, lol, we already have Abraham and Rosita but nothing we've seen, yet...

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Morgan/Michonne makes a lot of sense in the comics but tv michonne is different so I don't think it will happen.

17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Agreed. A little off topic, but concerning comic Michonne's characteristic of jumping the bones every black male who graces the page; did you catch the little bonding/tender moment between TV Michonne and Gabriel at the end of 503 "Four Walls and a Roof"? LOL

18. jwcoombs

I have to disagree about Rick and Jessie and Abe and Holly, "coming out of nowhere". It really all makes perfect sense. Rick saved Jessie from a lifelong abusive marriage; and then eliminated her abuser once and for all. A man she had lived her entire life in fear of, gone forever all thanks to this strong, handsome, one-handed man. How could she not immediately fall for him? He showed her attention and care when everyone else turned a blind eye to her plight, he saved not only her, but her young son from the Pete's violent abuse. Now she's free from her nightmare, but also alone, so she obviously turns to her knight in shining armor. I thought it all made perfect, apparent sense. I mean, of course it wouldn't have lasted if Jessie lived, but let's just be thankful we didn't have to suffer through that drama. Also, Jessie was a good plot device for Rick. He needed a doorway back into romance and companionship. It was time for him to get over Lori, hang up the telephone, and move on. He needed the affection of a woman, and Carl needed a positive female role model, someone to nurture him. But, it inevitably had to be a relationship that wouldn't last, or would fail. It had to be a "stepping stone" of sorts for Rick. This is why it had to be a relative stranger, and minor character. Had he gone straight for Andrea, it would have failed and ruined too much. But with Jessie, and her ultimate death, it helped Rick over that emotional hump, and left him much more prepared for, and open to a real relationship with Andrea when she began showing interest.

As for Abe and Holly; it actually a very similar case. First thing's first, Abe and Rosita's relationship was a complete and total sham and they both knew it. Only problem was that Rosita, messed around and got attached, fell in love. They both admit, at one time or another, that it was just a relationship of convenience. Abe needed touch, and affection, to keep him grounded, level headed, etc. And Rosita need, for a lack of better words, a meal ticket, and she admitted it. Abe was her benefactor, sugar daddy. He made life as relatively easy as it could be for her, all things considered, in return for her affection. He kept her fed, clothed, warm, sheltered, safe, protected. Not to mention he was bringing her along on the ride to what they all believed to be true, world salvation. So, the relationship was destined to fall apart once they finally slowed down, stopped running, stopped scavenging, stopped looking over their shoulders and sleeping with one eye open, once they stopped surviving and started living. That's when they would realize their relationship was not only no longer necessary, but no longer convenient. It just so happens Abe found someone first. And that made perfect sense as well. Abe shows up, this big, strapping, titan of a man, who's seemingly fearless and knows how to handle business. His first day on the construction crew he save Holly's life, when all the other members had conceded to letting her die in the interest of their own lives; sacrificing her like they had done so many others in the past. Abe saves her, and finishes the attacking walkers, proving the entire crew to be inept and incapable. That same day he takes over operation of the construction crew from Tobin. Makes sense Holly became immediately attracted to him; and he to her.

19. jwcoombs

Impossible.

#19 jwcoombs, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  20. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Yeah I get all that, but it was way too rushed, from one issue to other, we barely had any time to warm up to the idea of Rick and Jessie, besides how much time really passed since Rick killed Pete?, not much it seems, that's what doesn't feel real to me, not that Pete deserved any one year grieving, no, he was awful but she loved him, if I were on her shoes getting in bed with my husband's killer would be the last thought in mind, I'd rather be alone, enjoy the peace after my husband's -well deserved but not any less hurtful- death and take care of my boy.
    She seemed more worried about being with Rick than looking after her kid if you ask me.
    Personally I'd prefer the show to don't go there because it wouldn't add much, and I don't think people would like it, at all... unless they do it better.

I totally forgot about how Abraham and Holly met, thanks for reminding me, I still think he was an ass and she was a dumb bitch, lol.