Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way You're Getting Out of Rating The Damn Thing

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Rate the fool.

1. 10

81 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Worse than the time firefighters had to use a spatula to pry me out of the tub

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can't think of a single complaint about this episode...I give it a 10 plus 1 extra credit point because Daryl said "sumbitch".

2. asdf

asdf Member

IN all of Six Seasons. This is my first ever perfect 10. This is me bowling a 300. This is my favorite QB achieving the perfect QB rating or my favorite team going 19-0 to a perfect season capping of with the SB. That's right, things I am content with never to achieve or see in my/their lifespan/career span/tv run.

The elusive perfection has been attained.

Thank you, TWD team.

3. asdf

asdf Member

I am so glad I don't read the comics or go on social media to let random idiots online ruin it for me. The suspense/revelations in this episode alone blew my naive sensibility to bits.

#23 asdf, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I waxed rhapsodic (or at least verbose) in the Praise and Positivity thread, so I'll say here only that this was the most emotionally evocative episode of the series, IMO. Yes, a ton of action--and all of it purposeful and loaded with implications. I'm going 10; I believe it's the first time I've done so.

5. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I give it a 10 because it made up for a lot of crap in 6A.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I can't agree with the 10, but I do agree there was a lot of crap in 6A.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

perfect 10. this episode stunned me constantly on how good it was

8. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

6/10 out of me. I was never bored, but I can't really say I was enjoying it.

The beginning confrontation was lame cliche babbling bad guy stuff. The pacing and rhythm of that sequence felt really off as well. Hard to pinpoint the case, but it really did not feel natural.

I personally found the whole recapture of Alexandria silly. I know what they were going for, but it did not work for me.

9. walkon

walkon Active Member

10. What a start! Kept me engaged throughout, too.

10. sheryden

sheryden Member

10. It was a solid episode with lots of dynamic moments. Best in a long time.

11. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

5/10.
    Wolve Leader did what he could.
    +1 because Carl got shot and Jessie and her kids are dead.

Recapture of Alexandria felt weird and unbelievable. It seems they all reached Governor's killing skills now.

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I just watched again. I decided on a 9. I took off a point because I would have preferred they not do the slow motion, distorted sound during critical scene routine.

13. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

... everyone has a little dick?

14. TheKillerB

TheKillerB New Member

I knew Gabriel would be badass later on, I love his character development. So is everyone else. Also when Rick and the others killed lots of walkers and recaptured Alexandria. This is my favourite episode. 10/10

#34 TheKillerB, Feb 15, 2016
  15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Thank you guys.

Tonight's episode was good, but it wasn't that good.

The Alpha Wolf subplot was more comic book cliché writing, and Carl getting shot could've been better set up. I liked that the Alexandrians found the courage to fight the herd, but they didn't appear to take any casualties in the process.

#35 Rapscallion, Feb 15, 2016
  16. Busted Flipflop

17. CindyC

CindyC New Member

Enid's getting entirely too much air time for my taste and the Glen/Maggie thing's getting old, but it was a new episode, and they wiped out that whiny victim family in one fell swoop, which was awesome, so I gave it a 7.

18. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

How could of Carl's shooting been set up better? The guy pulled the trigger after Michonne Stuck that sharp thing through him. I agree with non of the Alexandrians dying though. I thought Tobian was gonna die. Doesn't he have a bunch of Japanese Anime to voice over anyway?

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think a 10. But only because of the. Boom. "Nibble on that ".
    I didn't care for the stopping and let's chat scene. And the whole "pretend your brave " attitude from Jessie.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I had seen the clip showing part of the opening scene on the road, but I still enjoyed it as the intro., and having Daryl take out that group of the Saviors.

When they came back from the commercial break though I didn't like the whole sequence of Rick and Co navigating through the walkers. They left us off at the midseason break with Sam saying Mom, and then pretended that didn't happen. I also had problems with them stopping to have a conference in the middle of such a huge herd like that. As we've seen in the past they're very sensitive to noise. Felt as if they wanted to just drag that whole scene out longer than they should have. They would have been better served picking right up from Sam saying, "Mom."

I was good though with everything that happened from the point Michonne put her sword through Ron and the scene with Rick at Carl's bedside was great. Loved the way they worked Abe's arrival at ASZ in. Makes me want to see more focus on his character going forward and I've been lukewarm on him in the past. Cudlitz played that quick scene off really well. They did a nice job of making Alexandria come together as one too.

This has the potential for being one of my favorites if not for the drawn out walk scene. It's a huge improvement though over last year's midseason premiere, but I'd put it behind all other midseason openers.