Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No Way You're Getting Out of Rating The Damn Thing

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Rate the fool.

1. 10

81 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. 8

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Worse than the time firefighters had to use a spatula to pry me out of the tub

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jods

Jods New Member

Definitely 10/10, probably the only episode I would rate as highly.

2. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

10, easily one of the best episodes of the series!

3. Kristy Gerrow

Kristy Gerrow New Member

This was the absolute hands down best episode they have ever done. I was cheering out loud in between picking my jaw up off the floor. BEST EPISODE EVER! I gave it a ten only because 100 wasnt an option

4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'd have preferred if, after Sam and Jessie got swarmed, Rick and the others made it to the garage (the plan was to use the cars to lure the herd away from Alexandria). Ron grabs Carl's Beretta and aims it at Rick. Rick tries to talk the kid into dropping the gun, but he just smirks, aims the gun at Carl, and shoots. Michonne runs Ron through with her sword, and Carl turns to Rick, revealing his right eye was shot out. Carl falls to the floor unconscious, and a panicked Rick picks him up while Michonne clears a path to the infirmary.

So in this scenario, Ron intentionally shoots Carl to make Rick suffer.

5. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I gave it a 6.

It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either.

The acting by Sam and family was painfully bad in their scenes. All the talking should have gotten them attacked. The scene itself when they got whacked was lame. Reminded me of a bad Zombie B movie or better yet Z Nation.

There was no reason Carl needed to have his eye shot out. Rick could have been triggered by Jessie and the kids been eaten with out Carl losing an eye.

Glenn should be dead by friendly fire. I know it is a show about Zombies, but this scene was unrealistic.

The Wolf scenes were unrealistic. He doesn't become a good guy in an hour. The scenes with him were very weak.

Daryl taking the rocket launcher out was the only thing interesting in the show.

6. SStark

SStark Active Member

This episode is definitely in my top-5, and probably in my top-3. It isn't often that this show blows me away like it did tonight, but good lord this episode was fantastic.

My only gripe that I had was that I personally am not a fan of the flashback cuts that happened when Jessie was dying. That's legitimately the only issue I had. 10.

7. Melo

Melo Active Member

yup, thats a 10!

8. calliope

calliope Active Member

I thought the scene with Jesse and Carl could have been better executed, I didn't care for the surreal take on it and the wandering around until it got dark was silly. Other than that it was near perfect.

Loved the Boom!

9. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Because the switch from day to night was too abrupt it was a bit jarring. But I'm so glad it's back on tv.

10. tehwalkingdead

9, I stone cold refuse to give this a 10 because of the insane and lame way that Glenn is being protected in this whole thing.

Stop surrounding him by zombies and then having something improbable happen at the last moment to save him. I've watched the first 5 and a half seasons again in the last week or so and the amount of times they have alluded to Glenn being dead, only for the next scene to be Glenn waking up on the ledge of the prison, under a dumpster or machine gun fire (And lets not forget what the water from the fire truck did to those zombies) what would have passed through the zombies surround him. That scene should have ended with the zombies all dead but Glenn riddle with bullets that passed through them.

I like that I am shit scared of what will happen with Carl, really don't want him to die, as I think he is one of the great characters in the show along with Michonne, Carol, Rick. To that end I am glad that Sam and Ron are dead for bringing that all onto Carl by their actions. I know Sam is a young kid but even at his age he is old enough to know that making a noise is going to get you eaten. At least Ron had the excuse of seeing his family eaten right in front of him and the family he hates (The Grimes).

Lots of other tiny things that didn't really take away anything serious from the show but just didnt sit right.

The sheer amount of action though was enough for me to still give it a 9.

If Carl dies though.........

11. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Gave it a 10, ignoring a few flaws here and there. Why? I loved the surprise rocket propelled grenade attack on Negan's guys. Yeeeee-ha guys. Unexpected and perfect timing when it looked like all of Alexandria was about to be lost. It had the same impact as Rick biting out Joe's jugular. And it was really well done-- totally surprise when Negan's guys got blasted to bits.

The other reason I gave it a 10 is that I was soooooooo happy to see Rick & crew and the Alexandrians STop being self-destructive, lazy, losers booted out of every place they go, in large part due to their own failures and internal disputes. It was a nice surprise to see the Alexandrians and Rick come together-- and them to survive by fighting for it together -- EVEN if if doesn't last going forward. For just this one episode, the first in really long time, we got to see this group of human survivors -- Rick's on one hand and the Alexandrians on the other -- act like they really want to live.

Sorry about Jessie, Sam and Porch Dick Jr, (well, maybe not him) but it was inevitable. And Sam -- well, he really, really tried. I thought the play-out of Jessie and her family's fate was almost too realistic for comfort -- a brutal father, beating his children, a woman keeping to herself, trying to hide it, and how the hell do you rehabilitate a totally traumatized child in this environment? Sam tried and he died because he was trying to be brave -- not leave his mother. She died because she freaked. Ron died because his hatred of Carl was more important than surviving. Great story, the way it played out.

With so much "happy-time" in this episode (which I totally enjoyed) I do fear for what is going to happen next.

12. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was the best of the series but it definitely was the best of this season. I would of like to seen one of those deaths or Carl's shot held off till latermainly because probably now the rest of the season is going to pale in comparison to this one and I would like to see more of a balance in story and action. But it was very good and my favorite parts were the rocket attack on the bikers and the cool speed up of the attack on the walkers. I gave it a 9 which actually should of been a 9.5.:zombies_shocked:

13. cycles

cycles Member

I give it a 9.5, rounded up to 10. The mid season finale was a parade of unimaginably stupid actions of the part of numerous characters. This episode redeemed most of those characters and delivered excitement from the first moment to the last.

Two trivial letdowns for me:
    - What happened to "Mom, mom, MOM"?. Sure, the kid died a little later but what happened immediately after his first little outburst?
    - Ron just lost his kid brother and his mom. I couldn't figure out his motivation for calmly going after Rick. He should have been stricken with grief and fear.

Otherwise the episode delivered powerful action, excitement and reward of the type you usually only see in major Hollywood films. I loved it.

#53 cycles, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  14. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

Ahh, ok so not really a problem with the set up but the whole scene itself. I was thinking if anything it was over set up due to the fact the Ron was going to shoot him in episode 7, attempted to shoot him in 8, and then finally got him in 9. Seeing Carl with his eye out may have been my favorite scene ever on the show. Funny because Rick chopping off Jesse's arm was my favorite comic scene.

15. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

Loved it! A roller coaster white knuckle ride that left me emotionally drained by the end. Etc. A rare 10.

Plus I was really relieved that they got the biker bandits killed off ASAP, rather than a lot of tedious plot and dialogue heavy footage of mr 'give me the mints from your glove compartment. I'm gunna kill yer. No I''m not. Yes I am!'.

I hope next week's episode isn't mostly carpentry, fence repairing, and dead walker cremating though. :Grin:

16. John208

John208 New Member

Blowing people up with a rocket launcher is considered a slow start .. great episode with the entire cast. Kinda of wished Jessie had survived without her kids. Really liking Abraham more and more each episode. Well done!

17. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I agree! The opening was pretty slow...but it was surprising. yes it is one my favorite episodes now i did like Jessie but she was a terrible mother but she was becoming bad ass and What i ment by slow was what happen to Sam's "Mom Mom Mom" it completely disappeared? In the previews on AMC they even showed Rick turn around due to what Sam said but no it never happened they edited like that to fool us and we had to wait till the night scene for some action. Wasn't daytime like 5 minutes ago? it wouldn't of taken that long to get to the Armory it was only a few blocks.

18. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I agree with you. Abe fires directly at the zombies that are in front of Glenn yet nothing hits him, surely the bullets would have gone straight the zombies and taken Glenn out.
    Also very Hollywood cheese how just as Glenn is going to get bitten he miraculously gets saved. Does anyone even die anymore? Its got to the point of Hollywood indestructibles. Very predictable.
    There's still too much mood music which just detracts from the scenes

The talking amongst the zombies, it was like a walker nightclub, everyone mingling with deadheads

19. radi0face

radi0face New Member

I envisage this to be the most overrated episode of the series; yes it was a good return to form after the midseason finale but I really don't think a score of 10/10 is justified for this episode. Big shocking scenes alone do not make quality television; I thought the Andersons death scene could have been done much better, as could the resolution to the Wolf storyline. In terms of high octane action and thrills, "No Way Out" definitely deserves a 10, but in terms of quality television, I rated it an 8. I believe JSS and Here's Not Here to be the best episodes of the season so far.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The stories being told have a lot of depth, irrespective of the "wow" scenes. This episode (which could have been a season finale or mid-season finale )wrapped up a number of the stories: the sad story of Jessie's dysfunctional family; the Wolves' story, which was wrapped up in such an interesting unexpected way, no doubt due to the terrific acting talent of the W man; Father Gabriel FINALLY deciding to live; so did the "loser" Alexandrians and Rick's bias against them. But.... Glenn keeps getting close call after close call, and one of these days (when we're not looking), he's going to get up.)