Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

No8 Birdshot

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Rocky, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Rocky

Rocky Member

I'm assuming the shotgun used to kill Peter was loaded with No8 birdshot in the first barrel and OO buck in the second from what Daniel said later.

Wouldn't No 8 cause more damage from that range (2 or 3 yards)? Anyone with more experience shed any light on this?

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Doubtful it would cause more damage but the damage would be different for sure.

We really don't know what a Zombie can survive but the whole idea of Birdshot is to not ruin the meat and also to increase the spread of the shot pattern making it easier to hit a bird in flight.
    There could be hundreds of really tiny pellets in each shell.

So on one of us(most anyway) even birdshot at close range to the face would bill a killshot but these darn Fresh Zombies are pretty tough at least so far.

Buckshot on the other hand is more like standard handgun bullets but more than just one ,they are balls crammed inside the shell tube and with 00 Buck there are not too many(7-9 is typical) thus causing much more damage and as you witnessed at close range pretty much blew Petes head off.

It is pretty common in a defense load with just 2 shots to set them up that way too.

I would carry Buckshot myself or maybe Slugs which are a single huge projectile depending on the range I expect to be trying to keep.

In close quarters though once I realized what I needed to hit the Buck should be the call,maybe even a slightly lighter load with smaller pellets but more of them in the shell.

You also have to consider over penetration where the metal goes right through the target and goes on to hurt something unintended!
    There is of course a trade off between shot size and penetration.

#2 EZD, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. Erknjerk

Erknjerk New Member

Point blank all the lead is bunched together. Plus the pressure of the blast. For reference, google 'revolver cylinder gap blast', you'll see how much damage pressure can do.

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

I've just watched a mythbusters clip on this and I'm guessing that any shotgun shell would take most of your head off from 2 or 3 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucg5VAff4c

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Which it looked like it did to me the first shot too.

Zombies are a pretty unique variable here if you want to get all technical about it?