Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Nobody's talking about Michonne and Rick..

Discussion in 'Episode 316 - Welcome to the Tombs' started by shanewalking, Apr 1, 2013.

1. celsia

celsia Member

I don't think they will write Rck and Michonne as a couple, it would be too risky for future arcs so they most likely will stay in the friend zone.

Michonne and Carl further bonding, I see that happening, I think Michonne will be help Carl to deal with his issues.

2. Brooke

Brooke Member

I can definitely see Rick and Michonne together. They'd make a great couple. And I think at this point, Michonne is going to be the only person who can keep Carl in line.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Michonne and Rick are both very guarded as a result of their experiences in the ZA. They both also lost people they cared about I could see the writers making it a long, drawn out thing for seasons where nothing happens, but you know the characters like one another...similar to Mulder and Scully if you watched the old X Files series. It's also something that tends to hook an audience in

4. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Either that or I was guilty of projecting expectations unto that scene. :-/

Anyhow, like you said, it makes sense to go in this direction. Michonne has demonstrated ability to keep Carl grounded and to protect him. Carl, in turn has shown respect. With Rick, their histories and coping mechanisms are the same. Moving forward, romantic collision is just a matter of time.

5. Zombie_Nerd98

Zombie_Nerd98 Member

He was definitely checking her out. I'm so happy about it! I think he needs and deserves something solid and sane in his life, (Though I sometimes question Michonne's sanity. She is all too comfortable with that sword. Hahaha!) after almost a full season of taking the Crazy Train to Nutsville, U.S.A.

So all aboard this newly-founded ship, people! Ship name still pending.....Help me out here, guys. I can't think of one. Richonne? Michonnick? I suck at this.... :|

That is all. -ZN98

6. celsia

celsia Member

Oh, I'm a huge X Files fan and I understand your point but I think they will start developing Michonne as her comic self, so probably she will start seducing Tyresse or even Daryl.

In the X Files we never thought that Mulder or Scully will die during the series, after what they did to Andrea I'm not sure how long Michonne will stay around and will get the chance to develop some sort of relationship with Rick.

7. Brooke

Brooke Member

This. There's that unspoken sexual tension between them. Attracted to each other but neither wants to admit it. Love/hate. Those relationships always hook me.

8. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

It's the ZA! I think those long long drawn out sexual tension scenarios would seem very unrealistic in a world where your imminent demise is so in your face. I am not saying everyone is going to be hopping on everyone else like bunnies. But if there is some sexual tension, I think the more likely scenario is that it would be acted upon. Two people who like each other, can comfort each other, with few, if any, other partner choices and facing death constantly? It's would happen.

Even Carol and Daryl is starting to seem a little bit unrealistic in that way.

9. CraigV

CraigV Member

I thought I heard Michonne & Tyresse were supposed to hook up?

10. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

We don't know yet, but they do in the comics :)

11. AliceKettle

AliceKettle Member

Rick needs a new love interest. Carl needs a mom

I would ship Michonne and Rick. I definitely saw some sort of chemistry between them in this last episode, as well as in episode 3X12. It's time for Rick to move on. He can't just keep hallucinating about Lori. Although, as I stated in another post, one of his Lori hallucinations saved Michonne's life, which I am grateful for. Overall, though he's become indecisive since Lori's death, and he needs someone to watch over him and help him make honest decisions. Michonne would do that. Not to mention the fact that Carl needs some type of mother figure in his unfortunate excuse for a childhood.

12. shanewalking

I dunno about all that, but looks like the Lori hallucinations are over, isn't it?

13. AliceKettle

AliceKettle Member

He saw Lori at the beginning of the episode.

14. shanewalking

Exactly, then he looked again and she wasn't there anymore, I think that's a closure to the hallucinations

15. AliceKettle

AliceKettle Member

Really? I think it's honestly too hard to know for sure with Rick. I'm not saying that you're not right-you could be- it's just I always think the same thing whenever he seems to be getting better he sees her again. If you know what I mean?

16. shanewalking

I know , but while season 4 returns time is passing in twd universe, especially since the governor won't be attacking (because in that time us the viewers are not watching, so why would he attack them?), the governor is going to attack them in the return after months passed (unless they show us flashbacks) but I don't think so, in that time he has time to calm down and heal, I think Rick will always love Lori and feel guilt, but that doesn't mean he is going to be crazy forever, he has been under a lot of pain and pressure, he can come back from that- Michonne did it.

#36 shanewalking, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  17. marsyao

marsyao Member

This is another part bothering me, Michoone knew as a fact that Rick made a decision to sacrifice her,although Merle told her Rick will not have in his heart to carry this through, but how could she be so sure? How could she just return to the prison without any bitterness, in the scene about her and Rick, she is so nice an understanding, I swear I almost could see her wag her tail. Comic version of Micchoone will never do that, that Michoone will not take shit from anybody, if you treat her right, she will treat you better, if you do her wrong, she will immediately pay you back with interest, I like that Michonne

18. shanewalking

Michonne understands that Rick made a mistake, she has found a place to stay now, a family, she belongs there now, she knows that 'they are good people' (if there's still good people in a zombie apocalypse) and looks like she has no interests in being bitter with Rick, she is rather friendly with him maybe because she sees they are very much alike

19. marsyao

marsyao Member

Well, as I said, Comic version of Michonne will never be able to that kind of "understanding"

20. shanewalking

With Rick probably yes... but I don't recall a similar situation in the comics